Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icky

Hdb Sep 2008 Balloting Exercise

i'm a first time applicant.applied for the sept balloting and there's one more on the way in oct for 4 room and bigger flat under the sale of half yearly.what wld be the chances of the first timers ? do they split under etnic group ? sept balloting result wld be in nov end... and oct sale results wld be in oct end...

the oct half yearly sale comprises places like sengkang ponggol and hougang.

hope i ld get either from the sept sale or oct sale ....

90% of the quota will be allocated to first timers; for half yearly sale, it's just one queue, no split into different ethnic group

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
to be fair on the HDB prices in the "prime" areas such as queenstown and bt merah, they have always been higher than others. Now with newer flats available in this area (eg. 5-10 yrs old, when it used to be 20+ yrs old at least), of the course the prices of these places cost more.

by the way my parents paid more than 200k on a 5 room in queenstown back in 1995. area was 121sqm. my cousin had just paid i think abt 150k only on a 5 room in admiralty and the area was 13+sqm... see the difference? you pay more, you also get more in resale value, it's fair!

Well that is if you decide to sell it I guess. Unless you downgrade or move to a less central place, you wont really profit from a sale no?

i am cursing now :bangwall: as i had rejected a chance last april to select the flat at JW cause my mum was complaining to far for her to go next time....

now looking at the situation look like i am going to get married and stay in family hse until situation are better which look long long long ... :furious:

yea... you are the few lucky ones from 5700 applications :bangwall: more than 4700 ppl cant even get to choose. as the 4xx flats supplies finished up by 10xx Q no.

yea... you are the few lucky ones from 5700 applications :bangwall: more than 4700 ppl cant even get to choose. as the 4xx flats supplies finished up by 10xx Q no.

Man looks like the 5 room are getting smaller and smaller. Sengkang was 121 and now is 110?!! smaller and yet paying more?

Man looks like the 5 room are getting smaller and smaller. Sengkang was 121 and now is 110?!! smaller and yet paying more?

i think after HDB introduced the bomb shelter, 5 rooms all become around 110 liao...

yea 110 is **** small =( looks like a 4rm flat.

anyway premium flats cost more.. esp now raw material getting more and more ex... flooring and tiles is expensive.

ya lor, now see this Sept balloting i also give up,

price soo ex

and chance so low.. 8000+ fighting for 900+ unit???

since when getting house in Singapore are soo difficult for normal worker like us

ya lor, now see this Sept balloting i also give up,

price soo ex

and chance so low.. 8000+ fighting for 900+ unit???

since when getting house in Singapore are soo difficult for normal worker like us

My point exactly! Since when did HDB become a so 'for profit' organisation? Why cant we choose if we want thsoe ugly tiles or not? Those who want it pay the same and those who dont want it, pay less lah. You can indicate when you go choose your flat what. And if its really balloting, then let us choose the price lah. :notti: You agree to my price then we deal if not let the others have it. ITS PUBLIC HOUSING!!!

I have no mood to cheers!

Oh my god, this just came in. HDB won a quality award for afforadable and quality housing.! Beats me how they can do it when tiles and leaking roofs are happening in new flats in sengkang.

Edited by Junkay

My point exactly! Since when did HDB become a so 'for profit' organisation? Why cant we choose if we want thsoe ugly tiles or not? Those who want it pay the same and those who dont want it, pay less lah. You can indicate when you go choose your flat what. And if its really balloting, then let us choose the price lah. :notti: You agree to my price then we deal if not let the others have it. ITS PUBLIC HOUSING!!!

I have no mood to cheers!

Oh my god, this just came in. HDB won a quality award for afforadable and quality housing.! Beats me how they can do it when tiles and leaking roofs are happening in new flats in sengkang.

Why don't you write in to Straitimes Forum Page? You got all the points correct.

Why don't you write in to Straitimes Forum Page? You got all the points correct.

Ho my... if only you knew how many times I wrote in already...

agree with the choice of no tiles. dont even need to give us discount if we can choose not to tile. cos most ppl will hack away the orbit tiles and pinkish toilet anyway,housing already so expensive,most ppl will live there for the rest of their life.just dont lay them and we save on hacking can liao OR use white tiles!!!

dunno which fella approve the orbit tiles/basin and w.c anyway. if he using the same thing at home then nothing to say la. but prolly his house is racked with marble flooring and chenga wood flooring leading to his mosaic laid swimming pool ba. :furious:

they keep changing policy but nvr change the orbit tiles. :bleah:

Edited by DoubleJ

Hi,

Will there still be an Oct balloting? If I submit my application for September Balloting, would I be able to submit another application for October Balloting if there is?

I want to get a flat asap in the Jurong West area (Taman Jurong, Jurong West St 64 or even Jalan Bahar) but it seem so impossible now. Really regret not applying for flats a year ago.

Abit out of the point but flats are very expensive nowsaday!

it is here today, 2 third of the flats are at sengkang and punggol, good luck!

when is the results of the sept balloting exercise be out ?

i heard end nov ?

when is the end nov ?

how wld the anouncement be made ?

result by posting ?

Result is out.

With 4x chances, i still get 12xx out of 1756 applicants. This is ridiculous.

my queue no is 19x

do i stand a chance ? :bangwall: