Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Any Feedback On Classic Design

Hi Steve, at least yours is paint work. Can repaint.

Mine is granite tiles work. Cannot hack liao! I have to live with it for the rest of my life.

Anyway, if I am rich again, I am consider shifting again.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Steve, at least yours is paint work. Can repaint.

Mine is granite tiles work. Cannot hack liao! I have to live with it for the rest of my life.

Anyway, if I am rich again, I am consider shifting again.

Urs are really more :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

Luckily mine is just paint job, :bow::bow:

But ur location is so good, wont it be a waste meh??

But if u really strike it really rich, can consider to landed property liao :notti::notti:

Yes...hahaha

Anyway, for the grainte tiler (Ah Seng) : attitude : 1 / 10, worksmanship : 2 / 10 Overall: 3 / 10.

For those doing granite tiles, ask for more experience tilers, dont go for Ah Seng.

Urs are really more :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

Luckily mine is just paint job, :bow::bow:

But ur location is so good, wont it be a waste meh??

But if u really strike it really rich, can consider to landed property liao :notti::notti:

Hi TEA

Are you opt for open concept? I mean kitchen white laminated cabinet and your living room? Looks nice, neat and clean!

HAPPY

Taken from the kithen

dsc01036fc8.jpg

kk, your mailbox is full, so i cant reply your pm.

initially wanted to buy the soft closing from Gina for my shoe rack n vanity shelf but she gave it to me FOC. Even got ah hai to come fix it for me. :) Good service.

kk: sorry for not replying your PM. but think your mailbox is full, i cant send anything to you.

happy: yes, we did open concept kitchen. used white solid top cos most of our furniture are dark wood colour. need to balance off a bit. if not, whole hse will be very 'dark'.

For me most impressive is my tiling works done by ah yen, i would give him 9.5/10.

As i sign with CD bcos their tiling works attracted my attention.

I been to one of ther showflats, i agreed the tiling works is good. But, on the other hand, the lamination works for tv console, featured wall etc. is really terrible...

Tea,

your "white" kitchen looks very nice.. . how's the condition of your white top? how's the maintenance.?

I been to one of ther showflats, i agreed the tiling works is good. But, on the other hand, the lamination works for tv console, featured wall etc. is really terrible...

Tea,

your "white" kitchen looks very nice.. . how's the condition of your white top? how's the maintenance.?

Luckily mine is ok, maybe u can check with CD again for the carpentry works. Is it done by ah Hai??

As for mine, ah hai did quite a good job.

But as TEA describe, the magic markers part have to be a bit more careful. :sport-smiley-004:

Did u check with CD does the type of laminate make a differences??

kk: maybe you want to elaborate on why you feel the lamination work is terrible? is it chipped off or there is the joining lines. If you are referring to the joining lines, then i think it is normal. All laminate will have joining lines unless you are using the 'wrapped' type. That type is more pricy and the type of laminate used is different.

condition of my solid top? umm... what do you mean by condition? sorry, don really understand. Maintenance wise, we felt is the same for all solid top, if there is any spills, have to wipe it up quickly.

kk: maybe you want to elaborate on why you feel the lamination work is terrible? is it chipped off or there is the joining lines. If you are referring to the joining lines, then i think it is normal. All laminate will have joining lines unless you are using the 'wrapped' type. That type is more pricy and the type of laminate used is different.

condition of my solid top? umm... what do you mean by condition? sorry, don really understand. Maintenance wise, we felt is the same for all solid top, if there is any spills, have to wipe it up quickly.

Chipped off and the joining lines... perpahs ... i will pay more for a better laminate...

My foyer display cabinet glossy laminate was chip off around the screw!! They recitfied already but not sure what they use. Door and glass door is now firmly sit on it (no shaky liao). Anyway, my glossy cabinet (milky colour) has 1 tiny hole. They use liquid paper to cover it! You have to slowly slowly glance thru then you will be able to spot it. Anyway, overall, well done!

...to be continue......

Hi TEA....wow, must be very bright and sunny (open concept)! I love bright and sunny around the house! It makes the owners feel happy about it! And not many pple opt for open concept. Hope one day can visit you house!

kk: sorry for not replying your PM. but think your mailbox is full, i cant send anything to you.

happy: yes, we did open concept kitchen. used white solid top cos most of our furniture are dark wood colour. need to balance off a bit. if not, whole hse will be very 'dark'.

Edited by h4happy

Dear fellow members,

Allow me to share my experience with u all.

I got to know Classic Design thru this forum as well and I decided on them as my preferred ID due to pricing (of course :P ) and friendliness.

After my house is done up, I can say that they are very flexible as well! Like for choosing tiles, I did not choose from

those that they brought me to, but another shop nearby. They are also ok. Stay at their office choose laminates until 12am

they also never complain, somemore offer me beer :D Last min change this, change that, they got no complaints.

I did alot of homework (about 10 different IDs and seen some of their showflats)... and almost signed with weiken.com.

However I decided to give CD a chance and they managed to match their quote for me, providing me with better materials i.e.

Solid blocks with tiles for my low wall and ceiling for my kitchen entrance instead of some gybson* board (*dunno how to spell)... Hee...

Flooring is swee swee, i check based on reflection of the tiles and windows to see if it is flat and level... gaps between tiles are acceptable too! my laminated flooring are also nicely done up.. however mine is light colour so joint lines surely can be seen a little...

My cabinet and shoe rack laminates were not so good, and Gina came up and QC, she failed them as well. The carpenter was activated and the next day, all laminates were replaced with no complaints... now it looks good.

I have finished my payments to them already and til now they are still coming up helping me to rectify some little defects here and there... like HDB switch burnt, Tony came up and replace for me.. Last min i need extra power source, Tony came up and do the looping for me... My handi spray broke, Tony buy new one for me... I still got washing machine pipe leaking, they are coming and fix for me (note: the pipe is provided by the washing machine shop)... Keith is also nice enough to cover Tony whenever Tony is busy at other sites...

After all payments have been done and they still do such rectifications for me, i think its very reasonable of them!

I hope i'm not inviting a flame here.. If any fellow members here feel that I'm working for them, can PM me to verify.

I am working as a consultant in OA industry... and a proud 4-room flat owner in Jln Membina and its nicely done up by the nice people @ Classic Design. I give them 2 thumbs up

I'm posting to fight for fair ratings of my preferred ID firm... I do not see why 1 defect in 1 house, 100 defects in 100 houses can lead to a lousy rating for an ID... its simple statistics.. if one doesn't have many customers, will they have many complaints??? any why do they have so many customers if they're not exactly recommended??? *think

my two cents worth, any one of u have any unhappiness with the job done by CD, give them a call... they will rectify... that's what they've done for me at least... :)

Pics of my cosy little 4 room flat can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/vynsan... :)

PEACE GUYS! :)

Edited by IntrigueR

Dear fellow members,

Allow me to share my experience with u all.

I got to know Classic Design thru this forum as well and I decided on them as my preferred ID due to pricing (of course :P ) and friendliness.

After my house is done up, I can say that they are very flexible as well! Like for choosing tiles, I did not choose from

those that they brought me to, but another shop nearby. They are also ok. Stay at their office choose laminates until 12am

they also never complain, somemore offer me beer :D Last min change this, change that, they got no complaints.

I did alot of homework (about 10 different IDs and seen some of their showflats)... and almost signed with weiken.com.

However I decided to give CD a chance and they managed to match their quote for me, providing me with better materials i.e.

Solid blocks with tiles for my low wall and ceiling for my kitchen entrance instead of some gybson* board (*dunno how to spell)... Hee...

Flooring is swee swee, i check based on reflection of the tiles and windows to see if it is flat and level... gaps between tiles are acceptable too! my laminated flooring are also nicely done up.. however mine is light colour so joint lines surely can be seen a little...

My cabinet and shoe rack laminates were not so good, and Gina came up and QC, she failed them as well. The carpenter was activated and the next day, all laminates were replaced with no complaints... now it looks good.

I have finished my payments to them already and til now they are still coming up helping me to rectify some little defects here and there... like HDB switch burnt, Tony came up and replace for me.. Last min i need extra power source, Tony came up and do the looping for me... My handi spray broke, Tony buy new one for me... I still got washing machine pipe leaking, they are coming and fix for me (note: the pipe is provided by the washing machine shop)... Keith is also nice enough to cover Tony whenever Tony is busy at other sites...

After all payments have been done and they still do such rectifications for me, i think its very reasonable of them!

I hope i'm not inviting a flame here.. If any fellow members here feel that I'm working for them, can PM me to verify.

I am working as a consultant in OA industry... and a proud 4-room flat owner in Jln Membina and its nicely done up by the nice people @ Classic Design. I give them 2 thumbs up

I'm posting to fight for fair ratings of my preferred ID firm... I do not see why 1 defect in 1 house, 100 defects in 100 houses can lead to a lousy rating for an ID... its simple statistics.. if one doesn't have many customers, will they have many complaints??? any why do they have so many customers if they're not exactly recommended??? *think

my two cents worth, any one of u have any unhappiness with the job done by CD, give them a call... they will rectify... that's what they've done for me at least... :)

Pics of my cosy little 4 room flat can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/vynsan... :)

PEACE GUYS! :)

Thanks IntrigueR, for sharing...

Hello INT, which block you stay??

u're welcome kksg2000... :)

as we know, internet forums are very powerful... it can destroy one as well as make one fly...

we need to be really fair...

intriquer: one thing that i really agree with u on is their attitude. I done my final payment when they came over last weekend. After that, they still send ah hai up to fix the slow closing on my shoe rack n vanity (these are not in the quotation and they did it FOC). I only ask to buy the 'gun' from them. This gesture is really greatly appreciated.

we were very upset initially when the reno was not up to our expectation but their attitude won me over. they never complain about the long list of recitification work required.

BTW, congrats. heard u just got married.