Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Any Feedback On Classic Design

Gina's email is ?

gina.glrtd@hotmail.com

My mail cant get thr , do you have the latest email of gina? Cos i had prepare a list and my layout in a word format. Wish to send to CD for quotation...

CD email is gina_glrts@hotmail.com

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Celine

You are in blk25b?

You already move in?

Anyway, my silicon crack......called up Gina and she send his carpenter to redo it for me, without probing further!

I am going to buy silicon to do the sink and toilet bowl and the edge of the bath area...it's getting yellowish...no matter how hard I brush, it is still yellowish!

HAPPY

include install charge hor? Thank you so much Happy!!!

but the web site you gave is invalid.. www.storerack.sg (<---------invalid)

Anyway i am celine here.. HWINHO is my hub nick~

Rgd

Celine

Hi Steve...

Yes, especially the edge of the basin, toilet bowl, those got silicon lah....

Happy

U are welcome. :)

Hi H4hppy,

So fast the silicon are changing color already meh??

hum... must go check it out.

Hi Steve...

Yes, especially the edge of the basin, toilet bowl, those got silicon lah....

Happy

Oh tat bad man, will check mine tis weekend.

Hello Hwin

Tel for store rack: 6441-7809 or www.storerack.sg

I did not do any L shape, just I shape at the shorter wall.

It was recommended by Yang Guo (I think so...I forgot liao).

Price is about $130 (I forgot liao...around there)...

HAPPY

yup yup. its me :notti:

Hi YANG Guo

So far got no chance to visit your house!!

Hows everything?

Hm...did you notice the external wall? So dirty with mud and footprint (someone doing a flying kick)...

Should they reprint the wall?

And the blk25a dont have any proper walkway leading to the main road, the tiles debris laying here and there!

HAPPY

yup yup. its me :notti:

Hi YANG Guo

So far got no chance to visit your house!!

Hows everything?

Hm...did you notice the external wall? So dirty with mud and footprint (someone doing a flying kick)...

Should they reprint the wall?

And the blk25a dont have any proper walkway leading to the main road, the tiles debris laying here and there!

HAPPY

hehe we havent met too..

hmmm i got used to staying at my new house already. Feels good.

The external wall? ya its dirty, but so far havent have any foot print yet..keke its normal to have flying kick footprint everywhere. Usually done by kids. Last time when i was very young, i also did flying kick on walls. sigh sad to say.. :(

Dear All,

Chanced upon this website and would like to give mine 2 cents worth on CD as well. The whole epsiode started when we are looking for a renovator for our new unit. Like many others, we went through the reno forum and saw good recommendations on CD. Most importantly, it's near our new unit, it will be convenient for us to look them up should there be any hiccups on the reno. I would say, at that point of time, CD's quote is one of the more reasonable quote that we got, plus Gina is a very friendly lady and we are quite comfortable with them and confident that they will produce standard work thus we signed with them. We were upset during the reno but there's some credits that we have to give them as well.

1st hiccups: Floor tiles were not laid properly. Not sure what happened but a few piece of tiles were not balanced. Informed Gina to change the few pieces, but after Gina's QC, she changed the whole floor for us. We were surprised but really appreciate this gesture of hers. The reason why we signed up with Gina is also bcos of their tiling workmanship which we like very much and is extremely impt for us as we are going to face the flooring for next 5, 10 years or so.

2nd time tiling were done and workmanship very satisfied. However, then came problem with the grouting line. Some of the grouting lines were chipped off. Seriously i dont know why. After some time, we also realise the tiles outside our HHS were blurred. (as in not shiny). This should not happen after chemical wash and no matter how we scrumb, the tiles still remains blur-ish.

In the end, I have to get my dad to fill up the chipped grouting lines for us and my bf has to borrow equipment to buff the tiles outside our HHS.

2nd hiccups: Seriously, i'm not sure if it's due to over whelming customers at that time when we sign up with CD, Gina tends to not able to remember things that we tell her. Of cos, everyone is busy. We are busy too. Thus i wont put the full blame on her. But as a contractor, my personal opinion is that professional level is still not there. My kitchen is one of the areas that I'm still angry till now. What happened was, we bought all our kitchen appliance before Gina did the measurement for our kitchen. This includes, oven, hob and hood, washing machine, fridge, basin. So you guys will expect all these to be in at the final product. However, during the drawing process, Gina and us totally forgotten about our oven, when before hand, we have handled over to her all the kitchen appliances' measurement. When we went up to the house to check on the reno progress, only to find out there's no room catered for our oven. We were not very fussy couple and believed this can be rectified easily thus i gave her the call. But her reply makes me rather uncomfortable. She sounded as if I didnt inform her beforehand. And now that the kitchen carpentry is up, then I want to make changes??? The first tot that came to my mind was that, she is our appointed renovator, shouldn't she be managing this areas for her CUSTOMERS like us? The tot of it now still makes my blood boils. Finally Gina's guy came up to fix the oven for us. But bcos of the wrong mesaurement from the start, my oven took up a big space of my bottom cabinet.. Another thing is i informed her and even searched thru this booklet of the pull out tray and even showed her the picture that I want a pull out tray. BUT...she didnt install for us. Haiz..

3rd hiccups: My MBR wardrobe. As there's a little recess area in my warbrobe area, so i specifically told her that i wanted the pull out mirror to be hinged outside of the wardrobe and under the recess area. Happy that she took note of it. Final product was up and my request was not fulfiled. Again, called her to ask why. All she told me is that she will fix ANOTHER mirror outside the wardrobe for me. Why do I need 2 mirrors in the first place? Frustrated and angry, bf told to forget it and take the final product as it is.

Tea... same thing as you. The paints that we choose are suppose to be washable. But when it's dirty and we use a dry cloth to clean, white powderish paint came off and that dirty area became one wet patch looking... I'm not sure why it is like this too

Seriously, I do not wish to give negative comments about our renovator, however hiccups along the way makes me upset. Do you guys know that Gina only gave us 1 set of 3 D drawings and that is totally not what we have in mind at all. And when we ask her to redraw, she told us she cant do that cos she changed her designer and getting her new hired designer to draw again means extra cost! The design that u see in my house now is actually a replicate of other units design with some amendments here and there, and imagine we have to visualise the colour scheme ourselves.

One credit to give them is that their rectification work is fast.

I hope what i've posted here did not offend or puts off anyone who is going to sign up with them. Perhaps after several months down the road, their professionalism really went up.. And i wish all those who is renovating their house all the best.

Hi Lynnie

Saw you and your hubby a few times at TB...wanted to call you, but no lah...next time.

So, Lynnie, hope you settle in well without any hicups.

See you soon!

HAPPY

Well, mine also have some problems along the way....especially the granite tiles. Bad worksmanship.

Other than that, everything is ok, kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, grills, print works.....no problem, as what lynnie siad, hiccups along the way....but was rectify fast.

Recently I began to checked my toilet assessories, one of them was slang (putting the creams, facial thinggies on the rectangalur glass.

During the renovation, I asked Kieth why slang, he gave the reasons (I forgot liao) something like the product is like that...

I did not investigate further.

Lsast few weeks, I unscrewed the plate and was shocked to see a crack tiles with 1 washer holding the orginal washer. So that makes the plate slang down! He should changed the crack tile and drill the plate little further up or little further down and told me that. Normally I will say ok as I am not particular about this. BUt I dont like pple cheat me.

Anyway, I might unscrew and might buy another tiles, plaste it and drill another hole for the plate to make it level.

Other than that, everything is ok for my renovation. So, for pple already let CD renovating your house, you may share your experiences good or bad...

One thing thumbs up for CD is that any recitification works, they will do it for you very fast and prompt.

Well, mine also have some problems along the way....especially the granite tiles. Bad worksmanship.

Other than that, everything is ok, kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, grills, print works.....no problem, as what lynnie siad, hiccups along the way....but was rectify fast.

Recently I began to checked my toilet assessories, one of them was slang (putting the creams, facial thinggies on the rectangalur glass.

During the renovation, I asked Kieth why slang, he gave the reasons (I forgot liao) something like the product is like that...

I did not investigate further.

Lsast few weeks, I unscrewed the plate and was shocked to see a crack tiles with 1 washer holding the orginal washer. So that makes the plate slang down! He should changed the crack tile and drill the plate little further up or little further down and told me that. Normally I will say ok as I am not particular about this. BUt I dont like pple cheat me.

Anyway, I might unscrew and might buy another tiles, plaste it and drill another hole for the plate to make it level.

Other than that, everything is ok for my renovation. So, for pple already let CD renovating your house, you may share your experiences good or bad...

One thing thumbs up for CD is that any recitification works, they will do it for you very fast and prompt.

Anyone got any idea classic design got hdb licence or not?

lynnie, when i read your post, i felt so glad (not meant to be goofing)cos when i first posted on all the problems i had, it seems like i was the only one with the problem with CD. in the end, i give up giving much honest comments thou i have a long endless list with all the photos evidences.

we realised that during the course of our renovation, they were hardly there to supervise the work. we got to call her almost very day to remind her and ask her when the workers are coming, when this or that will be done or scheduled to be done, remind her that there is a pillar here / there etc. It has been a tiring process. a lot of things were not taken note of, forgotten, etc.

talking about design, when we saw one of our neighbour's house (also using CD). Part of their kitchen cabinet was the same as ours and my hubby drew the design for gina. when i spoke with the lady, they thou gina came up with the design. hmmm...

did you ask them to redo all the kitchen cabinets? Gina did assured us that if the design or measurement is incorrect / different from the agreed design, she will ask the carpenter to remove everything and redo.

one thing i agree with everyone is their recitification work. they are responsible to do the recitification work.