Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Any Feedback On Classic Design

Any feedback on Classic Design

I have just completed my reno. And quite happy with the finishing. You can try to look for designer at innerroom.

I need to find his number.

Happy reno...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Good morning Tea

I have completed my renovation recently.

Too many follow up (recitifcation works) and many calls/sms that make me drain my strength and discomfort. :furious::curse:

As a interior designers or contractors, they should take care of everything and make sure minor hicups are solve as soon as possible and not waiting for customers to find out and started to call or sms them again and again and again! :curse::furious:

Numerous times, I have to be stern with Tony or Gina to get things done as they gave excuses one after another.

Though my renovation is completed, what I dont like is their reasons and excuses and try to make things easy for them to do! Just bear in mind, we, as a customer, pay you money to renovation my house, you just do according to our instruction and not all excuses. A very bad attitude indeed. :furious:

Tea, you renovation completed? How is their attitude towards renovating your houses?

I gave the attitude (during renovation) a 2 / 10. Why so low? I dont like people gave me excuses and tell me cannot be done! :furious: If that is so, I might as well go ikea and shopping mall to buy ready make furniture right? We customer want unique and different from others and not mass production! :furious:

Thank you.

A.Y.

hairy: are u in midst or reno or have completed reno?
Edited by hairy

This is so very individual... human natures are as such... 100 good reviews will never stand out.. but 1 bad review, everything is condemned...

as consumers, we all want the best for ourselves... as renovators or IDs, they want their jobs done well so that referrals will keep coming to them...

people never understand because of anger/dissatisfaction, pple's "reasons" may become your "excuses". it happens everywhere. and how would YOU feel if YOUR "reason" became an "excuse" to everyone else...

this is a fair forum with free speech... we are all posting our satisfaction or dissatisfaction with any individual IDs...

to me, CD did a wonderful job for me. rectifications are all done satisfactorily... you may have only experienced CD as a contractor...

to give a fair comment, why not try other IDs and compare what they will do for you is as much as what CD does? that will be a fair comparison..

I believe CD would be happier with 10 more happy customers than to have 1 whining complaining customer...

P/S: I AM NOT FLAMING HERE...

Peace...

Hello IntridueR

Are you referring me as a whinning complaining customer?

And what do you mean by very individual?

If you are in my shoe, how were you feel?

AY

This is so very individual... human natures are as such... 100 good reviews will never stand out.. but 1 bad review, everything is condemned...

as consumers, we all want the best for ourselves... as renovators or IDs, they want their jobs done well so that referrals will keep coming to them...

people never understand because of anger/dissatisfaction, pple's "reasons" may become your "excuses". it happens everywhere. and how would YOU feel if YOUR "reason" became an "excuse" to everyone else...

this is a fair forum with free speech... we are all posting our satisfaction or dissatisfaction with any individual IDs...

to me, CD did a wonderful job for me. rectifications are all done satisfactorily... you may have only experienced CD as a contractor...

to give a fair comment, why not try other IDs and compare what they will do for you is as much as what CD does? that will be a fair comparison..

I believe CD would be happier with 10 more happy customers than to have 1 whining complaining customer...

P/S: I AM NOT FLAMING HERE...

Peace...

which company / business wouldn't want to have 10 more happy customers and who among us don want to be a happy customers?

Hi Celine

You are in blk25b?

You already move in?

Anyway, my silicon crack......called up Gina and she send his carpenter to redo it for me, without probing further!

I am going to buy silicon to do the sink and toilet bowl and the edge of the bath area...it's getting yellowish...no matter how hard I brush, it is still yellowish!

HAPPY

nope.. i live in 26c.. yeap moved in already..

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Fair comment as in good positive remarks only?

Quoted: why not try other IDs....

What you mean? Asking me to renovate and hack off everything again and compare? Are you crazy?

I

OMG ... Neighbors please dun fight... peace peace~~ understand that some of you guys have some prob in the process of reno.. this is common ~ every ID page also have unhappy owner encounter same prob.. what is done already done.. and i believe that gina and tony should have seen this page and take some action abt it ..

some pointers for newbies in first time renovation:

dun just talk.. make sure ur contractor draw out your design.. in 2D format with measurement and everything.. i didn't get my 3D drawing as my reno project was quite rush but 2D that work fine for me..

My suggestion is to check the house with a masking tape and a marker when the reno is abt 80-90% done

note down all the place you think rectification is required and ask tony to come down to see. you will have more time to check every single flaws of the work... and also make sure you didn't miss out any part of it!!! in this case both the owner and the contractor can have a peace in mind ^^

hahaha agreed that some of the work by the skirting man is er~~ some sub con. worker esp young one... are nt very gd!!.. haha what to do... you just have to stand beside them like a hawk and say you dun accept and ask them to redo.. but other ppl like the carpenter ah hai~ and the middle age flooring uncle (i duno his name.. flooring and skirting are diff ppl) was very very nice ppl~

i dun really need to show black face leh.. i complain to gina or tony that i had some bubble jus a few in my MBR cabinet glass.. its not a big deal actually but and they managed to change the whole door for us! i think that is sweet~

afterall i am quite happy with my work.. did my house warming last week (photos available in my personal blog).. frens came and comment that our home is comparable to hotel~ **happy** my ex-supervisor whom engaged in A&D for his sengkang AE even comment that he wish to exchange with us *happy* and i think they did theirs like 10k more expensive then ours... hahaa but nvm they are rich ^^ not everyone had bad experience i believe.. just that you need tactics to hande those younger subcontractor~ ^^ ... anyway we stil hold the last 10+20% of the payment mah.. they have to make perfect b4 hand over =D

Relax neighbor~ having a home under reno is stressful.. alot of things will cock up(ID,Curtain,Toilet Acc, Electric n kitchen Gadget =_="")~ we understand .. we went thru the scolding "knn blah blah" stage also~ its also gd tt you guys pt out ur unhappiness so gina n gang can see for themselves those areas that needa buck up ^^ okie lah.. jia you for those whom are still touching up!!!

Rgd

Celine

Edited by hwinho

Hi Celine

Nice to hear yours is good good!

For mine, I dont like my granite flooring...s piece of sh.it work!

Even my wife feel that too!

Anyway, Gina/Tony should know this case.

The tilers Ah Seng, very disappointed with his work and comments!

Should ask for compensation! But never.

HAPPY

OMG ... Neighbors please dun fight... peace peace~~ understand that some of you guys have some prob in the process of reno.. this is common ~ every ID page also have unhappy owner encounter same prob.. what is done already done.. and i believe that gina and tony should have seen this page and take some action abt it ..

some pointers for newbies in first time renovation:

dun just talk.. make sure ur contractor draw out your design.. in 2D format with measurement and everything.. i didn't get my 3D drawing as my reno project was quite rush but 2D that work fine for me..

My suggestion is to check the house with a masking tape and a marker when the reno is abt 80-90% done

note down all the place you think rectification is required and ask tony to come down to see. you will have more time to check every single flaws of the work... and also make sure you didn't miss out any part of it!!! in this case both the owner and the contractor can have a peace in mind ^^

hahaha agreed that some of the work by the skirting man is er~~ some sub con. worker esp young one... are nt very gd!!.. haha what to do... you just have to stand beside them like a hawk and say you dun accept and ask them to redo.. but other ppl like the carpenter ah hai~ and the middle age flooring uncle (i duno his name.. flooring and skirting are diff ppl) was very very nice ppl~

i dun really need to show black face leh.. i complain to gina or tony that i had some bubble jus a few in my MBR cabinet glass.. its not a big deal actually but and they managed to change the whole door for us! i think that is sweet~

afterall i am quite happy with my work.. did my house warming last week (photos available in my personal blog).. frens came and comment that our home is comparable to hotel~ **happy** my ex-supervisor whom engaged in A&D for his sengkang AE even comment that he wish to exchange with us *happy* and i think they did theirs like 10k more expensive then ours... hahaa but nvm they are rich ^^ not everyone had bad experience i believe.. just that you need tactics to hande those younger subcontractor~ ^^ ... anyway we stil hold the last 10+20% of the payment mah.. they have to make perfect b4 hand over =D

Relax neighbor~ having a home under reno is stressful.. alot of things will cock up(ID,Curtain,Toilet Acc, Electric n kitchen Gadget =_="")~ we understand .. we went thru the scolding "knn blah blah" stage also~ its also gd tt you guys pt out ur unhappiness so gina n gang can see for themselves those areas that needa buck up ^^ okie lah.. jia you for those whom are still touching up!!!

Rgd

Celine

Celine, i don think any of the forumer here wants to fight. guess it is the built up of frustrations.

As with all renovation, there are bound to be issues and I am sure everyone is aware and prepared for it. guess the frustrations built up when things being told or instructed were forgotten and mistakes were made after repeat reminders. It is really very stressful to be keeping watch on the reno progress like a hawk to ensure it is done properly. who didnt have too much rectification work will not understand the stress and frustrations that we had gone thru and thus all the complains.

I had my fair share of rectification works and I know the frustrations of tracking it all. On a fair note, i have to say tony n gina did follow up on the rectifications. Tony also allowed us to choose the new doors design that he is replacing for the damaged ones.

Hope CD can improve on their service level by being more stringent with their sub-con's work since part of the the issues are due to sub-cons' work standard or attitude. And of cos, will be good if Gina starts noting down what the customers says / instructed to minimise any frustrations or misunderstanding when things are not done / forgotten.

Edited by tea

nope i'm not pointing fingers at anyone.. i'm just stating my feel in general.

please do not get sensitive...

when i say try out other IDs, i DO NOT mean hacking everything off and get another contractor. What i'm trying to imply is, now that you have tried CD, for the next flat, or probably parents flat, or a 2nd condo unit... try other IDs...

and when i say its all very individual, i mean.. whether you like an ID firm or not is very individual... no one can force u to like, or dun like.

We all can see here that there are VERY unhappy customers of CD, also.. do not forget that there are VERY happy customers of CD too!

*sigh* why must everyone feel that this is a fighting thread... and why should anyone get sensitive over open talk and comments over here?

have we ever reflected on what we do unto others that causes reluctance to respond, reply or even rectify??

*i'm saying maybe only... i know this would light a torch somewhere but i mean no harm...*

P/S: I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANYONE HERE AGAIN... please do not get emotional and sensitive and start "screaming" in here again...

just citing an example of "you yin bi you guo" 有因必有果... aka what goes round comes round...

anyways, this would prolly be my last post here... the world goes round...

economy is breaking down and i'd rather spend my time a little bit more wise than to be in this little volcano eruption...

Cheers guys... Peace out and... Happy living in your new homes! :)

Cool down Hairy and INT, lets not get carry away and dont let boxing begins.

Afterall this is a reno forum, we share our joy and frustration. No mean to flame CD or whatever.

Let unhappy customers pour out their woes..afterall they are not happy. And dont rub salt on them.

Let happy customers write with joys and happy things during renovation.

Calm down and see what can be done. We may help you by DIY.

Finally, let other forumers judge by themselves. Alferall, there are tons of id/contractors out there, good and bad...tekam tekam...gana good, you lucky, gana no bad, sorry to you.

Hi HAI

Cool down...I am sure mine is worst than yours. Permanent damge on granite floor. What can I do...move on loh....for the rest of my life...if I strike lottery......might move out again........and have a best renovation in future (learnt alot and eye opener from the reno process).

Cool down and you wont attack me.

HAPP)Y

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Fair comment as in good positive remarks only?

Quoted: why not try other IDs....

What you mean? Asking me to renovate and hack off everything again and compare? Are you crazy?

Hi,

CD is one of the ids firm i had visited and gave me a good impression.. their quotes are lowest among the firms i went and alot of things are thrown in.. Gina and tony are nice ppl also... from the way they work i believe that they are reponsible ppl.. and they bot us to a few units in jalan membina.. maybe is one of u guys.. lolz...

however, we did not choose them in the end due to design issues.. cannot click so too bad...

Cool down Hairy and INT, lets not get carry away and dont let boxing begins.

Afterall this is a reno forum, we share our joy and frustration. No mean to flame CD or whatever.

Let unhappy customers pour out their woes..afterall they are not happy. And dont rub salt on them.

Let happy customers write with joys and happy things during renovation.

HAPP)Y

Happy: guess u got the the gists of it all. guess that is the purpose of forum, sharing of good n bad comments. :yamseng:

Hi YOKO

What happen to the design issues?

You have a nice pink frosted glass! Is it? Is it that there are such colours beside the usual green frosted glass?

HAPPY

Hi,

CD is one of the ids firm i had visited and gave me a good impression.. their quotes are lowest among the firms i went and alot of things are thrown in.. Gina and tony are nice ppl also... from the way they work i believe that they are reponsible ppl.. and they bot us to a few units in jalan membina.. maybe is one of u guys.. lolz...

however, we did not choose them in the end due to design issues.. cannot click so too bad...

Edited by h4happy