Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CybNoX

Our First Matrimonial Home

hmm...now i think its becos ur bed too small! haha. u shd hv got a super King one! hehe

ur hse super nice lor *envy* i luv ur toilets and living rm most!

i wanted to get a king size bed but the ikea Malm headboard no king size lor. me want to have the conceal feature... so bo bian, have to give in a bit. :(

i really like your living room, cant stop myself to go back and look at it from time to time hehe.....

like the simple console in your MBR TV too...

May i know how much roughly for the living room feature wall and MBR console?

Will do my reno in June, need to get some ideas going hehe.

Will take my DSLR out and take pics of mine after finishing reno, hopefully will turn out to be as nice as yours :)

wow! thank you thank you, i am sure wife will be very happy to know. the feature wall is abt $2500 and the console is abt $800

me want to a DSLR but now study.. so have to save money. :unsure: what model u using?

congrats! u confirmed your ID already? I am sure it will turn out fine so long u spend a bit more time into the details, like i requested to have the wall mirror to be tea-coloured and the console shelfs to be tea-glass. it's quite tiring but very accomplishing when you know that you have your personal touches in all parts of your home. haha..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wow.... very nice! Love the colour combi.....

Kitchen color "inspired" by Mayer's catalogue.. wifey was worried that it may turn out very dark and carpenter say that they had done such a dark kitchen before but I insisted to go with it and it turned out nicer than we thought (i hope so). :rolleyes: i had also decided to drop the usual glass doors for a more sleek look and I asked the carpenter to align the top and botton cabinents doors'.

hi cybnox,

i am using sony A350 for dslr.

you're studying and working at the same time?

may i ask you some more questions?

the tea shelf and mirror you're referring to is the brown colored glass and brown tinted mirror? i love those too since my furniture is dark colored wood like your console, in fact i am planning to have brown tinted mirror in between top/bottom kitchen cabinet.

in your MBR console how do you conceal the wiring of the tv?

noticed we have same layout (dimensions are almost the same as well)...same furniture placement for living room and mbr oso...but u did more reno (kitchen, false ceiling)...can share how much is yr total reno? jus wonderin hw much wil it take had I overhaul my place...

hi cybnox,

i am using sony A350 for dslr.

you're studying and working at the same time?

may i ask you some more questions?

the tea shelf and mirror you're referring to is the brown colored glass and brown tinted mirror? i love those too since my furniture is dark colored wood like your console, in fact i am planning to have brown tinted mirror in between top/bottom kitchen cabinet.

no ah, me into full time study so really very ciam lor.

A350? me also thinking of getting this cos i really like the tiltable LCD. and as for questions, sure! I would love to help a fellow forumer - the folks here had been extremely helpful

yup, think the industy term is call 'tea glass' - they cost just a bit more and i think they're well worth it :D

I got my carpenter to do a small box to hide the various wiring connecting the tv to the equipments - "see in between the tv and console"

noticed we have same layout (dimensions are almost the same as well)...same furniture placement for living room and mbr oso...but u did more reno (kitchen, false ceiling)...can share how much is yr total reno? jus wonderin hw much wil it take had I overhaul my place...

prolly our homes are bulit around the same time, where do u stay? we spent abt 40k as ours is hack away almost everything except the common toliet.

i really like your living room, cant stop myself to go back and look at it from time to time hehe.....

same here! now i keep bioing the kitchen...super nice! like showrm :D

the samsung fridge catches all the attention!

same here! now i keep bioing the kitchen...super nice! like showrm :D

the samsung fridge catches all the attention!

thks for bioing so much. :D photography frd manages to catch home in a nice angle ba. .hehe.. thinking of upgrading the drawers to blum system next time. the Samsung fridge is worth considering if you haven't get urs yet.. the handle system is really effort-free when come to opening the doors. also it comes with twin cooler system so technically the stored food has a better cool air distribution. now i become SamsEng salesman. :lol

ur reno is coming along very nicely too! good time to shop for home appliances now and given the current economic situation, u will score lots of good deal leh. *envy!

Your DIY clock is very successful... Your fridge is huge and beautiful.. My small kitchen cannot fit in this big fridge...

Your DIY clock is very successful... Your fridge is huge and beautiful.. My small kitchen cannot fit in this big fridge...

hehe.. true true.. it does take up a bit of the space. but considering if next time have kids, will need a bigger fridge so we decided to give up a bit of our work space

ya lor, my small kitchen also cannot fit in tat fridge. i am looking for 42" Full HD TV under $1k. any out there? haha

hmm.. not too sure now if have that price yet. cheapest i see far still 1k++. PC show coming up next month and will def have good offers, u may want to keep a lookout.

Hi all,

it's been quite a while since I had completed my home reno tru my friend and I think it's about time to sum my reno-process in my blog. even though he's a friend but wife and I chose to have an evaluation period to see the quality of works (before, during and after) before putting up recommendations to any friends / fellow forumers here.

some of us went through the entire process with a bettter breeze but some of us met with thundering storms that made us going really mad! not that he doesn't have any screw ups but importantly he rectified the situations. as my belief in life - "Humans ain't perfect - it's ok to have screws-up, what matter the most is if we are able to rectify them" :D in short, the reno process is an ever-tiring BUT accomplishing affair at a critical stage of our lives. it's extremely delightful in putting our home together when we excitedly looked forward to each stage of the reno process as they unfolds. it's even FUN to have a hands-on on the design and putting the house together! I will definitely remembered the times that I DIY my own clock, buying and hauling back the dining table class back from Sungei Kadut with my carpenter, etc etc..

in conclusion, I humbly think he's worth recommending in terms of the flexibility, workmanship, materials used and service. not the cheapest around but it's definitely value for money. it couldn't get any better than getting advices from fellow forumers and supports in times of needs (see my COURTS SAGA :furious:) so BIG cheers and THANK YOU to all fellow forumers :yamseng:

feel free to PM me if u need his contact :D

Jef