Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
florabliss

Samsung La40a550 Or Sony Klv40s400 ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Urgently need advices from LCD gurus. Which of the following is a better choice?

1. Samsung LA40A550

2. Sony KLV40S400

Hi

Specs is almost identical albeit their own technical glossary gizmos to promote their product. Have u considered Panasonic plasma 42PY800H? If u asked me, it has the better specs amongst the rest, currently. End of the day, its your eyes that determines which panel to buy.

Cheers

Vince

Hi,

I'm not considering Panasonic as I was only given the Samsung and Sony to choose from.

What happen was I had purchased the Samsung LA40N81BX from Courts during the IT show in June. Due to some personal reasons, I had to change the delivery date to Sep. Then last Sat, Courts said that they had accidentally delivered my TV to another customer. And now they can no longer get any stocks for this particular Samsung TV. So they offer to exchange with Samsung LA40A550 or Sony KLV40S400 (I got to top up another $100 for the Sony).

So I need to decide which one to exchange to.

Hi,

I'm not considering Panasonic as I was only given the Samsung and Sony to choose from.

What happen was I had purchased the Samsung LA40N81BX from Courts during the IT show in June. Due to some personal reasons, I had to change the delivery date to Sep. Then last Sat, Courts said that they had accidentally delivered my TV to another customer. And now they can no longer get any stocks for this particular Samsung TV. So they offer to exchange with Samsung LA40A550 or Sony KLV40S400 (I got to top up another $100 for the Sony).

So I need to decide which one to exchange to.

Hi

The samsung N81 series is already discontinued. Good thing youre being offered something newer. For the choice, i would go for Samsung & that's my personal preference. Atcually, why cant one top up slightly more to get the Panny? You wont regret it. Samsung LCDs are using soft lens panels. Contrast wont be as great(as compared to plasma) when watching movies. That again, is my personal opinion & viewing.

Cheers

During Comex last mth, I was choosing btw Sony S400 and Samsung LA40A550 just like your current situation. Decided to get the Samsung in the end for the sleeker look and the slightly better specs.

S series is sony's lowest range model while series 5 is samsungs 2nd top range so there is bound to be some differences (though samsung had since released Series 7 and 8).

Now the Samsung is already mounted in my place and happy with it :)

I bought the display set during comex. Think outside selling now 2199 + 200 voucher + hifi set but I got mine 1559 + $300 voucher.

The set was good as new when delivered and I confirmed in the menu that the TV was only turned on for 42hrs = 4 days of comex.

I bought the display set during comex. Think outside selling now 2199 + 200 voucher + hifi set but I got mine 1559 + $300 voucher.

The set was good as new when delivered and I confirmed in the menu that the TV was only turned on for 42hrs = 4 days of comex.

In that case, should be able to get from neighbourhood shop at below 1.7k with no free stuff?

In that case, should be able to get from neighbourhood shop at below 1.7k with no free stuff?

Think best price I got from nborhood store was about $1900 or so...