Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kueh

Diy Bedroom Side Table

Anyone has any suggestion for me? I am thinking of doing a bedroom side table. Beside wooden planks, what other materials can we use?

If anyone of you has DIY your side table, do share your pictures! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hmm..go ikea buy a side table ba

it comes with 3 piece of wood and a piece of glass. Cost $19 only

after i assembled the 3 piece of wood, i can have 2 choice to place the side table

1st choice: Display the table as "I" shape (meaning, 1piece for top,1 for body,1 for bottom)

2nd choice: if i dont like "I", i can display as "H"

wow great idea to DIY...

any material you can tink off...

like the old PC tower etc, old types of sewing machines legs etc...

I saw a bedside table from ikea that day and it was out of stock...

thinking to get it middle of the month... :)

those decent bed side table outside range from $100-$200.. was almost tempted to buy acrylic material bed side table at Robinson that cost 3piece for $240.

Then saw this side table at ikea, and it looks presentable costing $19 only.

when i bring home to assemble it, realised that we can actually fix it in 2 ways. hehe..quite value for $

those decent bed side table outside range from $100-$200.. was almost tempted to buy acrylic material bed side table at Robinson that cost 3piece for $240.

Then saw this side table at ikea, and it looks presentable costing $19 only.

when i bring home to assemble it, realised that we can actually fix it in 2 ways. hehe..quite value for $

the one that you are talking abt is currently my telephone table now...

fix it in two way??

care to share photos??

i intend to decorate it as it's quite plain... :)

the one that you are talking abt is currently my telephone table now...

fix it in two way??

care to share photos??

i intend to decorate it as it's quite plain... :)

sorry for late reply

here it is..my $19 side table

f_P1020579m_1746052.jpg

I finally DIY my own side table cos was unable to find such a small side table for my tiny bedroom...Went to Artfriend to purchase the raw materials (wooden planks, varnish etc.). Think I spent less than $50 for both sides?

I finally DIY my own side table cos was unable to find such a small side table for my tiny bedroom...Went to Artfriend to purchase the raw materials (wooden planks, varnish etc.). Think I spent less than $50 for both sides?

Got picture of your work?

hey bro, you really did a very nice job with the colour. Did you use lamination or just coloured it yourself? I am now trying to design and build my own bar counter. Cause the really nice ones cost a few thousand at least. And I managed to get someone at bukit batok to quote me spraying. He said the spraying will cost about $300. So i was wondering if you painted or used lamination. Thanks.

Thanks to all for ur kind compliments. ;)

I used a sponge to color/stain on the planks. Have to apply several layers. You can check out Artfriend for bottles of wood color vanish in diff colors. Think 1 bottle cost less than $20 per bottle? I wanted to spray protective coat on it after the paint but the results wasn't too good. So in the end, I just left it raw (with the color). Not sure by leaving it raw and unprotected will lead to color discoloration? Cos so far I have not put anything on top except my side lamp...