Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xmac2006

Resale Unit, Canberra Road

In the last couple of days, the carpentry work has started. We 're building an enclosed, raised platform for our bed in the MBR. This way, we'll ensure that one area in our house will be free of animal fur -- not easy living with a dog and three cats.

Anyway, the platform:

2292074340063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

We're also replacing the existing windows with a new powder white set to work the contrasts better:

2123032930063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

Hope they install the windows soon. This is taking "open concept" a bit too far!

2969136880063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Apparently, when we write our address on a delivery form, we have to write 'Blk' to indicate that the delivery address is a residence, otherwise the delivery guy will think it's an office or some other commercial establishment. Anyway, the guy delivering our bathroom fittings had a major problem finding our unit because someone didn't bother to write 'Blk' in front of the Block number.

The wife has a funny story about that, so I'll leave it up to her to provide more details if she wants. (Wife was alone for most of today 'cos I was busy trying my hand at a spot of gardening at the Labrador Adventure Centre -- corporate Service Learning programme).

The toilet stuff eventually arrived, including the two thrones from upon which we promise to rule wisely:

2765830290063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

And some detail of the new windows being installed today:

2335149200063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

Edited by xmac2006

Apparently, when we write our address on a delivery form, we have to write 'Blk' to indicate that the delivery address is a residence, otherwise the delivery guy will think it's an office or some other commercial establishment. Anyway, the guy delivering our bathroom fittings had a major problem finding our unit because someone didn't bother to write 'Blk' in front of the Block number.

The wife has a funny story about that, so I'll leave it up to her to provide more details if she wants. (Wife was alone for most of today 'cos I was busy trying my hand at a spot of gardening at the Labrador Adventure Centre -- corporate Service Learning programme).

The toilet stuff eventually arrived, including the two thrones from upon which we promise to rule wisely:

2765830290063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

And some detail of the new windows being installed today:

2335149200063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

nice grills. too bad i couldn't afford to topup for white powder coated, cos they would have cost me an additional 1k. so i juz have to settle for the cheaper alternative - silver :(

nice grills. too bad i couldn't afford to topup for white powder coated, cos they would have cost me an additional 1k. so i juz have to settle for the cheaper alternative - silver :(

Hi mwerkz

Have you already committed to your silver grills? Our contact is very reasonable in his pricing ($3.2K for a 5-room flat, window and grill)!

In the last couple of days, the carpentry work has started. We 're building an enclosed, raised platform for our bed in the MBR. This way, we'll ensure that one area in our house will be free of animal fur -- not easy living with a dog and three cats.

Anyway, the platform:

2292074340063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

hi xmac, just wondering how convinced were both of you to laminate most areas in the house considering you have a dog AND :o 3 cats.

as for us, since we are living with a dog, who is toilet trained but forgets at times to do her business within the designated zone, we have almost scrapped the idea of laminating the living rm.

our bedrooms are laminated, as well as the study area - which is an open concept and fortunately the dog hasn't soiled the study area in the 10mths we have stayed here. our living and dining have ceramic flooring and they're really awful! part of me still want to find a reason to believe it IS still possible to laminate the living/dining area.

any thoughts?

Hi mwerkz

Have you already committed to your silver grills? Our contact is very reasonable in his pricing ($3.2K for a 5-room flat, window and grill)!

wah. tat's cheap. i'm paying like 5k+ for all my windows + grills!! but i'm having like 10panels with casement & 12panels with sliding windows + grills

hi xmac, just wondering how convinced were both of you to laminate most areas in the house considering you have a dog AND :o 3 cats.

as for us, since we are living with a dog, who is toilet trained but forgets at times to do her business within the designated zone, we have almost scrapped the idea of laminating the living rm.

our bedrooms are laminated, as well as the study area - which is an open concept and fortunately the dog hasn't soiled the study area in the 10mths we have stayed here. our living and dining have ceramic flooring and they're really awful! part of me still want to find a reason to believe it IS still possible to laminate the living/dining area.

any thoughts?

Hi, just sharing my thoughts... I chose to only laminate only my bedrooms as my dog gets the run of the kitchen, dining and living area when no one's at home. I don't want to take the risk of him soiling the wooden flooring. Unless your dog is very disciplined or you confine him to a non-laminate area, I don't think it's worth the risk.

Hi, just sharing my thoughts... I chose to only laminate only my bedrooms as my dog gets the run of the kitchen, dining and living area when no one's at home. I don't want to take the risk of him soiling the wooden flooring. Unless your dog is very disciplined or you confine him to a non-laminate area, I don't think it's worth the risk.

Hi wei_ling999 and mmycheng

We chose to laminate the floor as a cheaper option to hacking up the existing granite flooring, and that was our main concern. The cats do not cause us any soiling problems because they are easily disciplined to use their sandbox. They won't mess up any place else.

Our dog prefers to go on her newspaper, as long as we keep replacing it with fresh sheets quickly enough.

Most of it is about knowing our pets and just as we try to train them, they also train us in some things. We simply adapt to their habits.

Having said that, we haven't moved them into their new home yet, so they may yet surprise us as they adapt to their new surroundings. We'll have to take it a day at a time.

really wonder how can dog & cat stay 2gather....keke :)

also, wonder how can you all take care of dog & cat at the same time....keke :)

really wonder how can dog & cat stay 2gather....keke :)

also, wonder how can you all take care of dog & cat at the same time....keke :)

It really helps when the dog looks like this:

2134437193_c1b8a4a8aa_m.jpg

And the cat looks like this:

2122218783_46d2fb60f8_m.jpg

And the other two have each other to play with:

2270639401_8d384b6ec9_m.jpg

So peaceful coexistence is actually quite possible.

Best thing about them is that they're all quite independent and don't require a lot of personal attention from us. In exchange for free room and board, we can pick them up anytime we like and use them as pet therapy to relieve stress. ;)

Wow. Lots of pix today. For everyone who's been waiting patiently for our 3D drawings, they're here at last!

The dining and living room:

2069627250063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

The kitchen:

2414994920063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

The study:

2164935540063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

and the MBR:

2852233440063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

These are, of course, ideal concepts. No way we could ever be so tidy in real life!

Meantime, we got our new front gate installed today:

2567872410063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

and the laminate flooring and backing foam have been delivered:

[2821432190063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

Here's a bit of detail of the laminate flooring showing the colour and the grain pattern, though for the moment it's still wrapped in plastic:

2805420650063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

WAHHHHHHHHH I love the MBR! with that divider there there is extra privacy!

Brown is unique colour to choose for your kitchen though..t hat shade of brown. but it matches everything else nicely..

And the cat looks like this:

2122218783_46d2fb60f8_m.jpg

awww the dog and cats are so cute :wub: :wub: :wub:

and this particular cat colour same same like my cat, except the fur not as long

maybe they are related? :lol: :lol:

Edited by applefreak