Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
allright1688

Since 2006, How Much % Has New Hdb Flats' Price Increase?

If new HDB flat prices keep dropping like stocks prices..no one will buy...everyone will wait n wait for a lower low......so be glad that it keep rising.....at least it an asset. :)

Rising value can b a double edge sword cos u sell high, u buy high too. Not to mention, for those who bought high n hv to sell low later. I believe new HDB price has been mark way off its actual value jus like some of the current stock value. In last sat ST forum, someone actually wrote to HDB asking whether they r profiteering from all these.. wonder hv they reply.. Anyone?

What puzzles me is why only 4 months of resale data? Why not 12 or 24 mths?

Probably HDB doesn't want us to compare the data too much or know too much.

What's the point? A transaction done 12 months ago does not have any relevance to you buying/selling now, much less for one that is done 24 months ago.

But if you really want, you can always collate the info yourself to get 12 or 24 mths, or even 36 mths! So if you start now you will get your 24 mths info in Oct 2010 lor.

Ok seriously, you can always get an agent to generate the info for you; most agencies do collate such information, or they will subscribe to the appropriate database for it.

True. Unless u r very interested in getting a nest in a particular blk in an area/area. It wld b best u do ur own compilation. Otherwise i find HDB following info still quite useful :

o Resale Price Index

o Median Resale Prices by Town and Flat Type

o Median Cash-Over-Valuation by Town and Flat Type

o Number of Resale Applications Registered by Flat Type

o Individual Resale Transactions

hope it helps~! :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

What I find useful would be average COV per blk location and condition of the house. And I dont meant median over a large area i.e Area.

For example, Median statistics of COV in Queenstown for 5 rm is abt 35K. But Queenstown is a huge area from Hot places like Queenstown right up to Dover and etc. Different blks and different condition would demands high or lower COVs.

The portion of COV can be subjected to many aspects of negotiation and possible consideration of the apartment.

On another note, why I think 12 or 24 months is useful, as a buyer, I can analyze the value increase of the location in demand versus to the economic conditions. If it has gone up way too high from last 12 mths, then I should not buy the place as it was subject 12 months speculation hence over priced.