Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KayLan

B&d Kr510ka 500w Impact Power Drill Machine At $69

Hi,

Recently purchased a B&D power drill from Homefix-Harbourfront outlet at $69 (usual price $99). They are running Hariraya sales promotion. Purchased the big B&D bit sets also at $20, usually at $29.

Not sure whether this is the cheapest deal but after visiting many shops, definitely this was a reasonable buy. Anyone looking for drilling machine can have a look there.

Giant - Vivo city also selling the same model at $89. Some other shops selling similar stuff at $109.

Just for your info. I want to DIY my store room racks and so far I spend around $300 for tools and material. I believe it's worth to invest on tools than a contractor for simple doable jobs.

Cheers!

KayLan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Recently purchased a B&D power drill from Homefix-Harbourfront outlet at $69 (usual price $99). They are running Hariraya sales promotion. Purchased the big B&D bit sets also at $20, usually at $29.

Not sure whether this is the cheapest deal but after visiting many shops, definitely this was a reasonable buy. Anyone looking for drilling machine can have a look there.

Giant - Vivo city also selling the same model at $89. Some other shops selling similar stuff at $109.

Just for your info. I want to DIY my store room racks and so far I spend around $300 for tools and material. I believe it's worth to invest on tools than a contractor for simple doable jobs.

Cheers!

KayLan

Hi, your black & Decker hammer drill is it easy to use? Does it comes with accessories?The hole drilled look fine? What is the bit set for?

Hope you can share soemthing. Thank you!

Hi, your black & Decker hammer drill is it easy to use? Does it comes with accessories?The hole drilled look fine? What is the bit set for?

Hope you can share soemthing. Thank you!

So far so good. It comes with a 2 years warranty.

Yes, it comes with basic accessories. Bit set is for 50+ additional accessories. Just in case I break few accessories, I need not stop my work... you know typical kiasu mentality ..)

I notices, NTUC Xtra also selling the same item at $69.

So far so good. It comes with a 2 years warranty.

Yes, it comes with basic accessories. Bit set is for 50+ additional accessories. Just in case I break few accessories, I need not stop my work... you know typical kiasu mentality ..)

I notices, NTUC Xtra also selling the same item at $69.

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing this useful info, will definately get myself one set later to replace my existing China made drill.

I was told by my friend that this China made Drill cannot make beautiful hole because it doesn't have "hammer" function, so "hammer drill" compare to normal "drill" really a lot of differnce.

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing this useful info, will definately get myself one set later to replace my existing China made drill.

I was told by my friend that this China made Drill cannot make beautiful hole because it doesn't have "hammer" function, so "hammer drill" compare to normal "drill" really a lot of differnce.

I bought one china made drill for $20 at Carrefour Plaza Sing, it does have the hammer drill or normal drill function. Used it to drill a few holes in the concrete. Don't know if it was the drill bit I bought or the drill, after the 3rd hole, the holes can only penetrate to a certain depth. When pressed harder, the drill bit become loose (ie the 3 jaws seem to be weak in holding the bit even when I clamp it down tightly).

Saw the $69 deal at that DIY shop above harbourfront (opposite food court on 3rd level)....

With regards to 500W, is that enough power? I saw those B&D 700W ones for $109.....

Edited by Ideasmiths

With regards to 500W, is that enough power? I saw those B&D 700W ones for $109.....

For general purpose, specially for woods, No problem. For wall... so far OK, for concrete .. success is mixed with hammer function. Can drill some concrete and spoils/burns your bit for some concrete. Metal.... not really can drill. I think, 700W will also not make much difference. To drill all those heavy duty one, you need a real drill machine, like my electrician shown me.

Hi all....

abit of technical info here...

previously i oso bought a B&D 700W hammer drill (now finally sold away liao, is useless in my new SK flat) :dunno:

this hammer drill can drill older generation HDB flat concrete wall (those uses hallow block type)

nowaday those prefab HDB wall, esp the bomb shelter, u got problem with this type of drill

i drill till the drill bit blurnt oso can't drill thru :bangwall:

in the market...theres 2 type of mansory drill....

one is impact hammer drill (cost $50-$100+),

the other is rotary hammer drill (abt $200-400+)

GBH2-18.jpg

for newer generation HDB wall, u need the rotary hammer :good: (abit ex$, e.g BOSCH GBH 2-18RE cost $200+)....i jz bought one y'dy, 550W type will do :notti:

this drill jz works like a F1 piston engine giving a powerful piston action :sport-smiley-003:

most reno contractor uses this type, is faster & get the job done easily, ever saw even them use as a quick demolition hammer for conceal wiring channel :notti:

the rotary hammer drill uses the newer SDS-Plus type of drill bit meant for mansory concrete however they oso have a attachment churk for normal & mansory drill bit

so if u guys intend to buy one, consider it & make it worth

that's all my few bits of advise, forks...happy DIY :dancingqueen:

Edited by HaiLim

GBH2-18.jpg

for newer generation HDB wall, u need the rotary hammer :good: (abit ex$, e.g BOSCH GBH 2-18RE cost $200+)....i jz bought one y'dy, 550W type will do :notti:

where did you buy this rotary hammer drill?

hi im a structural engr so i know why this prefab wall is really hard to drill. because prefab wall uses a very high grade concrete compared to normal ones.

haha. i bought the makita rotary drill at 230 last year. Comes with adapter and drill bits. The drill bits is the latest cobalt ones. the set cost 100 on its own. I got at a clearance sale. Now i think no more in production, they changed the model. 700W. I wanted to drill the walls in the bomb shelter so no choice had to be stronger. The 500w i had before kept jamming and like the bits would break as i drilled. so i upgraded. Sitting in a corner now. haha. for 10 holes, i spent a bomb. Now i looking to get a battery drill to fix my storage shelves

i wish they have the sale again

it is now selling at $129 at HomeFix DIY

2-3 weeks ago saw at jurong point selffix sell 450w at $49 and 500w at $99 with free gift ... you can try your luck there

cheers

2-3 weeks ago saw at jurong point selffix sell 450w at $49 and 500w at $99 with free gift ... you can try your luck there

cheers

i also saw giant selling but 450w only. but 450W need a lot of strength?