Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KayLan

Where To Buy Woods, Timber, Planks, Plywoods, Laminated Sheets

I want build a kitchen prototype. I need to cut sink hole n find planks teak to build drawer front. What sort of tools should i get. Its first time. What sort of planks should i tell supplier. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone know where I can get large sheets of self-adhesive high gloss white laminate for walls? Intend to use it as wallpaper for my walls to give it a futuristic look.

On 10/3/2008 at 5:00 PM, KayLan said:

I was planning to build some simple wooden racks for my store room. Asked for few quotations and all are more than $400+. I just wanted to have simple four level U shape racks for all the three walls, except the door wall.

So finally decided to DIY. First question was, where to buy woods, the major material... here are my discoveries that may help fellow DIYer

IKEA - Tampines has different sizes and different materials. Prices ranges from $19 to $59 per planks. It appeared very expensive to me.

Defu Avenue 1 - There are many carpentry shops, at the middle of Avenue 1. They can customise your requirements. Prices are reasonable, much cheaper than IKEA.

Sungei Kadut - The carpentry shops just opposite to Novina show room. Can customise as per your requirement and can arrange transport to your home at a nominal cost ($20). For me, it was the cheapest, I purchased all my required woods from them for my store room rack at $160 including transport to my house.

Hope this info helps all those who are looking forward to purchase timber/wood.

Just to add, I purchased the other tools, including a B&D drill($69), additional Bits($20), Saw, Chisel, File, level, T, hammer and other tools, all with in $140.

Thanks for the info! Gave me some ideas on where to source for wood!