Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cuian01

Ventilating Fan!

Hi,

Plan to install two ventilating fans at the toilets. But the PM told that installation of such thing need HDB approval, is it true? Have any of you ever installed one in your toilets?

Actually there are two pieces of windows at each toilet, just want to change one of window frames and install ventilating fan behind the other window.

Please Share with Me Your Experience!

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just installed mine. Called HDB but they said no need permit as long not hacking the window opening.

MBR Toilet

11102008276.jpg

Kitchen Toilet

11102008275.jpg

Yep i installed mine too, only on MBR toilet. No permit or whatsoever needed from HDB.

Sorry to hijack this thread but is there any problem to clean the ventilation fan? After installation ... the window cannot be opened anymore right? Sorry for the noobie qns

Sorry to hijack this thread but is there any problem to clean the ventilation fan? After installation ... the window cannot be opened anymore right? Sorry for the noobie qns

- basically, ventilation fan is 2 ventilate e rm.

- it is fixed in2 e glass panel of e window.

- e glass panel inturns is fixed 2 e alum frame of e window.

- dis glass panel can b in e form of fixed panel or top-hung.

- if fixed, only can clean e internal.

- if top-hung, can open up e top-hung, clean e outside. (top-hung means e pivoting pts r at e both sides, jus like e 1 above ur casement or sliding window)

- conventional window in e bathrm is alum frame glass louvres, e glass cums with wire-mesh & is somehow obscure 2 reduce visibility.

- e control or switch pt of e fan can b either manual or auto.

:rolleyes: