Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oogachaga

Impress21 Design And Build - My Home Makeover

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

DAY 60 cont

Glass sliding door with frosted strips, new switches on left of door

P1030173.jpg

Mirror wall at dining, with socket mounted on mirror

P1030172.jpg

Dining area

P1030170.jpg

Dining area showing track lights

P1030171.jpg

Painted doors and frames

Yard

P1030184.jpg

wow.......impressive kitchen!

any pix for living and bedrooms.. :)

Thanks ! :D

Must show the renovated areas first mah.

Stay tuned :yamseng:

DAY 60 cont

BEFORE corridor

aP1020414.jpg

Corridor - painted door and frames, with new locksets

P1030095.jpg

P1030065.jpg

P1030062.jpg

--to be cont--

wah.. ur kitchen very nice! :D kudos to ur details!

by the way, how is the plastic container that holds the sponges in the ur sink being fixed up? i was cracking my head on how to do mine.

thks!

really nice....more pics pls...

Very nice transformation. Hehehe.. it's amazing what a little paint and polish can do to the same place. :)

wah.. ur kitchen very nice! :D kudos to ur details!

by the way, how is the plastic container that holds the sponges in the ur sink being fixed up? i was cracking my head on how to do mine.

thks!

Its nothing fancy....it comes with 2 big transparent suction pads at the back, so just stick it on any smooth surfaces. Found at Sheng Shiong Tekka for $2 + -.....got lots more varieties there...bigger store ma.

:yamseng:

hi,

how much is ur dining table?? where u bought it???

Thanks...

My dining table was bought from Interni ( closed shop liao ) about 9 years ago :jawdrop: . Its an Italian designer table from BRO, and costs me $1,800...1.8m white carrara marble top. I think it was expensive as not many white marble table tops available then....now you see a lot more , and cheaper too I think.

amazed! de paint did miracles. juz some paintin here n there made so much diff =)

DAY 60 cont

Common toilet - no hacking done - just change accessories and paint frame

New PD door and new switches

P1020884.jpg

New basin and mixer tap, painted mirror frame, and shower bar

P1030192.jpg

New WC

P1030194.jpg

New towel bar and toilet paper holder

P1030195.jpg

Nice kitchen!

Can you PM or email (amisann@gmail.com) the contacts for your carpentary works? Gam sia!

The carpenters are from Henry, Impress21 Design And Build...I dont have their contact, sorry.

your house is awesome!!!

You have a projector in the living hall...it must be very shiok to watch movie at night... with the high ceiling and great window view, just like watching movie under the stars....

pls post more pics of the interior rooms ;-)

DAY 60 cont

Wardrobe - too expensive to replace and a waste as still in good condition, so decided to just change the ugly handles to update the look

Original Handles

Wardrobeoriginaldoorhandle.jpg

2 handles selected

Wardrobenewhandlescomparison1.jpg

Stainless Steel Handles

P1020927.jpg

and the other, Brushed Nickel Handles

P1030209.jpg

Result ....not too bad :)

your house is awesome!!!

You have a projector in the living hall...it must be very shiok to watch movie at night... with the high ceiling and great window view, just like watching movie under the stars....

pls post more pics of the interior rooms ;-)

Thanks :D Its ok... dont want to spend too much on renovation, I like the space so not too much clutter for me.

Ya...enjoy watching movies in the comfort of own home... with friends. Thats why that wall is stark.

Will post more pics...but my bedrooms not renovated lei, still messy with boxes..pai say.

That's the smart part. You spend only what is needed and still get the desired effect. Times are bad hence prudent spending are important. I love the thoughtful restoration work you have done, weighing between "needs" vs "wants" to make your house into such a cosy home! Well done and applause!

Final Renovation Damage

Ok..lets recap the work done:

PROFESSIONAL SERVICES

-DESIGN CONSULTATION ,FURNITURE LAYOUT PLAN & MASTERIAL PROPOSAL

-3D PERSPECTIVE DRAWING ,PROJECT CONSULTATION & MANAGEMENT

-ON SITE SUPERVISION BY QUALIFIED PERSONNEL

-3YEAR WORKMANSHIP WARRANTY

LIVING/DINING HALLS

-TO HACK AND PATCH SPRAWLING CONCRETE AT PASSAGEWAY(include patch master room window bay, exclude

painting)

BEDROOMS

-REMOVAL OF LOCK SET FOR EXISTING DOOR AT 3 BEDROOMS

KITCHEN, YARD AND UTILITY

-SUPPLY/CONSTRUCT CERAMIC/HOMOGENEOUS FLOOR TILES FOR KITCHEN AND YARD(<$3 PSF)

-WATERPROOFING FOR KITCHEN AND YARD TO BE CARRIED (2 LAYERS)

-PLASTERING OVER EXISTING FULL HEIGHT WALL TILES FOR KITCHEN (INCLUDE DO TILES SKIRTING & PAINTING )

-CONSTRUCTION OF (DISCOUNTED $100 WITHOUT FRIDGE) CABINET BASE

-TO RUN PVC OUTLET PIPING FOR DISHWASHER AND SINK

-SUPPLY/INSTALL SOILD LAMINATED KITCHEN CABINET (TOP/BOTTOM=30FTS)(INCLUDE STAINLESS STEEL

DISHRACK ,2 GLASS PANELS ,DESIGN HANDLES AND CUTLERY TRAY) INCLUDE CABINET FOR DISHRACK,

CHOICE OF LAMITAK OR EDL @ $100PFR top up $150 for handles

-SUPPLY/INSTALL SOLID SURFACE TOP FOR KITCHEN CABINET (19FTS @ $95PFR) LG HI MACS ARCTIC WHITE(INCLUDED GST)

-SUPPLY/INSTALL 2 NOS. ALUMINIUM FRAME WITH FROSTED GLASS FOR KITCHEN CABINET

-SUPPLY LABOUR TO INSTALL COOKER HOOD, HOB ,OVEN ,SINK & TAP & DISH WASHER

-LABOUR TO INSTALL BLUM FOC

-SUPPLY/INSTALL 1 NO.TOP HUNG TEMPERED FRAMELESS SLIDING GLASS DOOR AT KITCHEN ENTRANCE(10MM) change to 12 mm

-SUPPLY/INSTALL STAINLESS STEEL/TEMPERED GLASS BACKING ON LONG WALL (BOTH SAME PRICE)TEMPERED

-SUPPLY/INSTALL GLASS BACKING TO HEIGHT BEHIND SINK Change to stainless steel

-TO DISMANTLE AND DISPOSE EXISTING KITCHEN CABINET

-DEMOLITION OF EXISTING TIMBER DOOR FRAMES AND MAKE GOOD FOR KITCHEN AND YARD

-ELECTRICAL:

1 OVEN PT, EXTEND 1 INDUCTION 15A PT, 1 HOOD/HOB PTS,REINSTALL EXISTING POWER PTS

SUPPLY/INSTALL 2 NOS. T5 LIGHTS (INCLUDE LAY WIRES)

Exact electrical work done:

Kitchen: Hack and conceal -4x20A siwtches for induction ( new 32A ), oven ( shared 32 A ), dishwasher and hood (13A ), 3 double gang sockets, lay wires for LED and connect to adapter and switch

The rest:

Hack and Conceal one switch in living, replace 16 switches, install 7 lights, install door bell and its switch

Total: $790

TOILETS

LABOUR TO INSTALL BASINS, TAPS AND WC FOR ALL 3 TOILETS (PURCHASE BY OWNER)

YARD

SUPPLY/CONSTRUCT CERAMIC/HOMOGENEOUS FLOOR TILES FOR YARD TOILET(<$3 PSF)

SUPPLY LABOUR TO INSTALL 1 NO. TOILET BOWL AND 1 NO. BASIN (PURCHASE BY OWNER)

WHOLE HOUSE AND GENERAL

-DEBRIS REMOVAL & HACKING OF FLOOR TILES & --cancelled--WALL TILES AS PROPOSED (FOC FOR YARD TOILET)

-HAULAGE OF SAND AND MATERIALS TO BE CARRIED OUT (FOC FOR YARD TOILET)LESS $40

-WHOLE HOUSE GENERAL CLEANING AND WASHING (ACID WASH FOR NEW TILES)

-PAINTING(WHITE) OF 6 SETS OF EXISTING DOORS/FRAMES AND MASTER TOILET VANITY DOORS(NOT TO REMOVE)

-SUPPLY LABOUR TO REMOVE AND REPLACE WHOLE HOUSE SWITCHES(NOT POWER SOCKETS) PROVIDED BY OWNER and install 7 lightings

After top-ups (there were no hidden charges) and some discount :D , the total damage came to less than $13.5K....not far off from the initial quotation :sport-smiley-018:

The contractors that I engaged myself;

- 3 sets of PD doors $804

- Marble polishing $650

- Dining Mirrors $850

Sub total: $2304

So my total renovation cost came close to $16K...slightly off my initial budget of $15, but still acceptable :dancingqueen: ...do note -- havent include furnishings like BLUM, sanitary wares, appliances,etc :jawdrop:......to be cont---

That's the smart part. You spend only what is needed and still get the desired effect. Times are bad hence prudent spending are important. I love the thoughtful restoration work you have done, weighing between "needs" vs "wants" to make your house into such a cosy home! Well done and applause!

Thanks for your kind words :sport-smiley-018:

Perhaps another project in the future...carpentry :dunno:

Stay tuned :yamseng:

Edited by oogachaga

DAY 43 cont

Next, my under cabinet LED lighting :dancingqueen::sport-smiley-018:

--Expensive :( costs about $137 for the LED and adapter

--Advantages: Safe as no heat produced, durable, long life span of 100,000 hours..no need to change bulbs anymore, bright, and energy efficient - less than 5W! I think its quite worth it in the long run, and nicer too :)

Photos taken without flash

LED off

P1020728.jpg

LED on -- bright enough, so can save by not turning on the PLCs liao unless needed

P1020729.jpg

What the LED looks like

P1020714.jpg

Hi oogachaga,

Do you mind sharing where you got the LED lights from? It is a clever idea instead of using PLC lights