Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rune

Anti Slam Feature For Drawers

Hi Bros/Sis,

During a recent trip to Ikea, I was window shopping ...came across the anti slam feature when i started to open the drawers of the kitchen cabinet at ikea. I find their anti slam features of the drawers really cool. Is this feature common to most cabinets nowadays? Its not the hydraulic type which I had seen previously, which can be quite costly. It juz llike the common tracks whereby the ball bearings of the drawers run on with an additional of a 'red' gadget add-on at the rear. Believed thats the anti slam feature add-on.. Anyone care to share their experiences?? Where to purchase and their prices .... :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have only seen them at IKEA personally, but that is where I do most of my buying/browsing!

But I am sure that they will begin to put them in all drawers eventually if they don't already do it. It's a good feature, good for kids, and just makes sense.

I have only seen them at IKEA personally, but that is where I do most of my buying/browsing!

But I am sure that they will begin to put them in all drawers eventually if they don't already do it. It's a good feature, good for kids, and just makes sense.

:bath: yup definately a good safety features for parents with young kids. Anti slam & safety features for parents with young children.

:bath: yup definately a good safety features for parents with young kids. Anti slam & safety features for parents with young children.

It is BLUM...You can check out www.blum.com

or contact their authorised reseller Kiang Sing Hong Hardware @ Upper Bukit Timah road

There are other brands like Hafele or Hettich...

For those drawers, the damper is built in.

If u wish to install for cabinets, it is available from Ikea. Only the one in Alexandra has it. Made in Germany. I used it for a lot of my cabinet and install via my ID. Makes the closing softer thus minimize damages to the cabinet.

haha.. it's **** ex wor..

ask id or contractor quote, is additional about $50 to $80 more per foot run for kitchen cabinet.. Eg: for 20ft kitchen cabinet is about $90 + additional $50 per foot run will be $2800 + 10ft solid top about $70 per foot run will be $700 = $3500 and above... depends on wat id or contractor quote u..

me also very interested in soft closing but too ex liao.. but i think u can find closet design.. they got do wardrobe n kitchen cabinet with e soft closing function.. but my advice is find them durin exhibition period.. much cheaper.. n their design not bad.. too bad, cant afford now.. plannin to get them to do my wardrobe when save enough money.. :notti: find out @ www.closetdesign.com.sg

how come quote by pfr?

the soft-closing mechanism should cost around $60/drawer from contractor or lower if you get it directly from the supplier

at least this is the price for blumotion drawer runners

how many drawers do you have for your kitchen cabinet?

how come quote by pfr?

the soft-closing mechanism should cost around $60/drawer from contractor or lower if you get it directly from the supplier

at least this is the price for blumotion drawer runners

how many drawers do you have for your kitchen cabinet?

dunno le.. mayb i asked e contrator to quote.. i havent do my reno yet.. still looking for a suitable contractor.. but so far, out of 10, 6 told me it's calculate by pfr.. while e 4 told me not advisable to do it cos too ex.. in fact ask me go diy shop to buy e rubber.. haha

Those who advise against are those who have no idea how to do it. Some contractors are so lagging in current home renovation trends & technology, they can move their services to Sungei Road

dunno le.. mayb i asked e contrator to quote.. i havent do my reno yet.. still looking for a suitable contractor.. but so far, out of 10, 6 told me it's calculate by pfr.. while e 4 told me not advisable to do it cos too ex.. in fact ask me go diy shop to buy e rubber.. haha

hmmm, if it's all drawers then $50 more pfr is very worth

but if it's $50 more pfr and total only one set of drawers then very lugi liao :notti:

hmmm, if it's all drawers then $50 more pfr is very worth

but if it's $50 more pfr and total only one set of drawers then very lugi liao :notti:

shd be $50 more pfr and all drawers and cabinet are soft closin.. but i have a total of 26' so too ex liao.. haha.. might as well go closet design n get.. think abt e same amt or lesser.. at least wont kanna chop.. one contractor quote me $160 pfr for kitchen cabinet + soft closin and $78 pfr for solid top.. worst still, only 1 sandblastin panel.. Total: $5252... die die wont let him chop.. cheapest i get is abt $3500.. so i better stay to normal cabinets ba.. :(

my blum is charged by per drawer. Ranges from 60-80 depending on size. I have some big drawers for pots n pans. negotiated and contractor absorbed cost for 9 drawers.