Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
happysnowball

Dirty Grout Lines On New Tiles!

i asked my ID use black grouting for black tiles n white grouting for white tiles. no mention of more ex etc.

actually i cant c tat grouting is black, cos i still see white... need to ask him when i c him again :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i asked my ID use black grouting for black tiles n white grouting for white tiles. no mention of more ex etc.

actually i cant c tat grouting is black, cos i still see white... need to ask him when i c him again :dunno:

I confirm its the tilers never mixed the powder evenly....

Wan redo the groutings? i'll say gd luck to ur ID... :disturb:

Easiest way, paint it... :sport-smiley-004:

My tiler had finished tiling the wall tiles in my place and I noticed a number of joints between the wall tiles were dirty and yellowish. The tiler blamed the problem on the quality of the wall tiles (which were from Hafary) but I suspect it is the tiler's fault. How do I resolve this?

Ok this happened to mainly ceramic tiles, ceramic tiles are glazed with colors. If it not treated well in the factory the color will fade out and causes the groud to stain with some colors. Secondly, it might due to the chemical acid wash after the completion of the work. The washer might have use a stronger acid to make the color reaction on the groud lines if it turns abit yellowish. The solutions u can try out are two ways, one, as what the previous member mention, buy a bottle of groud and div urself over it again and see it works. Second, try with some bleach u use for bleaching the clothes, apply on a dry tissue paper. Paste on the affected area for 2-5 mins. Let the bleach take out the stains.

If these 2 ways cannot work for you. U can pm me, I show u another way of doing it. Hope this help. :yamseng:

You need to maintain your grouts so that it will always remains dirt free.

In my case i use something called HCL89.

I usually get it from http://hcl89.byethost10.com or

http://hcl89.atwebpages.com

What it does is that it cleans and renews your grout and also helps

to create a protection for it so that always remains new.

Hope this helps you out :)

I tried this product on my 5 yr old homogenous glossy tiles which had that almost impossible stains to remove. I must say this is best product so far I've used to restore grout lines. One drawback is application is quite laborious as had to scrub every individual tile grout lines to remove the stains as mopping or going over it lightly not able to do the job. But once done the floor looks like new with clean white grout lines. Another concern is after initial application floor will feel oily and have to mop and wipe a few times to remove the oily feel. Seller mentioned this is normal and should go away after 3-4 days but a few thorough rounds of mopping and wiping can clear it immediately as I worry my children walking on the slippery surface.

Was told it could protect the tiles for about 6 mths. Used only about 1/3 of the amount bought so can have 2 more rounds of cleaning if needed

Tiles have their own advantages and disadvantages,depend how you look at it.

True, but some tiles are just not worth the trouble ;)

Edited by WeeKiat

Homegenous floor tiles with their all ever polished shiny glossy surface outlook is a bit unfortunate in aesthetics looks due to the unsightly dirty groutings,sad but true.

there is one good product from Selleys which can whitening the toilet/ kitchen tiles easily.

Dun know how to attach the photo here. The packaging is in tube form, something like toothpaste tube but bigger.

The wordings on the tube is "Selleys White Stain Whitener". The tube colour is white and blue. I found this in Seletar Mall basement's hardware shops (not selfix). The shop next to Texas Chicken.

• Like 1