Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
leongheng70

Door Frames And Color

Hi,

Got a minor headache, see if you guys and girls can help me out... :(

I am just abt to reno my flat, and got a color problem selection.

We had the living room and hallway painted with dulux light and space (pearl shell), was wondering what to paint for the door frames and the doors to the rooms... :bangwall:

Anyone can advised, me a bit color off person.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
normally door frame paint chocolate brown. don't need to match the surrounding.

Yup... Don't anyhow print odd color, it will make your look house weired... :dancingqueen:

Yup... Don't anyhow print odd color, it will make your look house weired... :dancingqueen:

hahah...okay point noted..

Chocolate brown ? doesn't look abit weird?

imagine surrounding creamy, till door frames and door brown, it look very outstanding leh....

Err.. design got theme one mah.. unless ID = Phua Chu Kang, then any colour also can.

Country theme = White door,

Bali = Dark Brown.

Jap = Gray

Black&White= Black

KTV = pink

Childcare = Yellow

Hotel 81 = ??

Personally.. I think shd follow same colour as yr skirting colour.

Err.. design got theme one mah.. unless ID = Phua Chu Kang, then any colour also can.

Bali = Dark Brown.

Jap = Gray

Black&White= Black

KTV = pink

Childcare = Yellow

Hotel 81 = ??

basically i will paint my black, since my is a red, black n white hm?

my skirting is white for living room, since my floor tiles for living is white? but bedroom i m using laminate. not sure wat color will my skirting be? very dark brown close to black for my laminate? skirting should be similar?

Bali = Dark Brown.

Jap = Gray

Black&White= Black

KTV = pink

Childcare = Yellow

Hotel 81 = ??

hahaha, good one abt the id...

was thinking maybe grey or something close to cream...if same color later bang doors hahaha.....

Hotel 81 = brown ha ha! for some

Good question on door color.

Just don't paint it too near wall color. Avoid brown as it mentally we compare it to wooden door and inferior workmanship will show unless you have it taken down and spray finish but will still have to sand/ spray the existing frame. Have the frame and door the same color or frame as wall color as in minimalist style where everything kept to simple and door in this case should be just as simple as flat with subtle detail.

Main door can be different color to bedroom door, generally its presence should be felt but if it is the same size/similar design and close to a bed room door then try color that will not make the main door looks inferior to bed room door. main door should be better than bedroom door, it is the first thing your guest see when they visit your home.

Hope this helps.

... but bedroom i m using laminate. not sure wat color will my skirting be? very dark brown close to black for my laminate? skirting should be similar?

Normally.. if no specific theme.. then skirting shd follow floor colour. Actually.. can go IKEA to look see their showrooms. Sure got similar colour scheme. then can see whether end result is actually what u were tinking off.

"my moms house abit simple

floor color white

wooden door painted white

door frames also white

but no theme"-- mom must be pure minimalist ha ha, everything white.

Correction to my quote "Just don't paint it too near wall color" -- do so only when you want to hide away the doors totally, paint them exactly the same(bad me, forgotten i did this too so long ago :P ).

my mom was probably just overwhelmed since she alone wanted to handle it

haha

but after door painted white from woody color, still got difference even if u paint wall white color leh i feel

anyway up to individual

as long as u see happy can liao

hee

:P

I just painted my doors and frames too... but I decide to paint my bedroom doors and main door the same colour.....

Think the colour code for my doors are 9016 if it helps....

leongheng, whats the color of the flooring,skirting if any and majority of the wall and ceiling? i recommend that u choose some contrasting colors for your frames. but having the frames in the same color of the door itself and skirting are basically the best visual thing to the eyes.

My living room is painted light green colour, I painted my main door orange colour. My bedrooms are painted light blue & purple colour with their doors painted in peach colour.

As long as you like it, you are free to paint any colours to your house :lol: