Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Red

Fridge - Which Is Better 2 Or 3 Door?

We have always had a 2 door fridge. Never tried a 3dr before. Now that we are buying a new fridge, need your experience. We are looking for Mitsubishi XX50T. Seems to be the largest we come across. The main reason why we is the compartment to keep vege separate. Frankly, we are not sure if it is really worth the money to have that separate compartment. Much appreciate it if you have any advice on this...

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

mmm if you all are big users and always going to open and close then the more compartments the better ba. Saves on energy cos every time open the fridge has to adjust the temperature after you close. And cooling down a small compartment will use less energy than cooling a big one... IMHO.

3 door should be a good choice. Im also looking for 3 door. haven't shortlisted any.

The reasons mentioned above are appropriate.

Separate frdge, freezer and vege comapartments. Just nice.

for me, if possible, will choose a 3 drs one.

other than the freezer portion (let say it takes up 30% of the whole fridge eg only)

if you need one carrot for example, you need to open 70% of the fridge, letting the cold air inside rushes out.... den close the door.

the fridge will need to cool down (maintain temp) for that 70%.

and also, i think diff stuff needs diff temp?

hmmm....

thts what i tink la....

for me, I prefer less doors. reason is this.. when need to seach for long lost things and relatives inside the fridge, is better to open 1 door then stand back and search. If got many door, then very lechey.

Many door is for better temp control, like.. got relatives want to deep freeze for 10 yrs.. then dun need to open door so often.

Just purchased Mitsubishi 3DR 45T from Courts. To me, 3 door is the optimal numbers of doors. I hardly use chiller section and hence 4DR is useless to me.

As people mentioned earlier, you need vege, you know what to open. You need cold water, you know what to open. No wastage of cold air, aka energy!!

Second reason, generally vege compartment of 3DR are much better in shape than the tiny, little one on 2DR. If you go to mkt once in 2/3 weeks, then you know!!

Third reason, generally equivalent size 2DR fridge will be fatter(I mean wider), where as 3DR are slim and taller.... saves useful space.

Final reason, it looks better than 2D or many door fridge to me... all these comes at additional cost, generally expect 50% more to pay than similar size 2D fridge.

I am also a 3-Door fridge. Bought a Mitsubishi 3-DR 6 mths ago. Have been keeping all my fruits & veggies in the bottom compartment. It is also the most frequently opened section.

Having many doors is ok as long as you plan properly, which section to keep what food, no worries later.

same here 3 door nothing more as i do not have so much things to store and too many door makes the fridge looks bulky. Of cos i take into the cost which the fridge is sucking up my power into consideration oso.