Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudy

A Place To Call Our Own

Got another thing bugging me. i am going to get the Sharp steam oven which will cost me $1255 from goh ah bee. Reason for getting this is because wife says its more healthy as we will be lazy to cook and use it most of the time. Hence microwave is out of the question.

I would like to check, for 1.2k, would it be possible to get a built in steam oven that works the same with water and stuff? that way I would be able to save space cos that sharp oven is really bulky!!

Thanks!

Built in oven if you want steaming function only have single function that is only steam.

You need another built in oven if you need baking, grilling stuffs.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Built in oven if you want steaming function only have single function that is only steam.

You need another built in oven if you need baking, grilling stuffs.

ic, ok thanks..think might b better to buy the sharp oven then since its able to also grill and bake..

ic, ok thanks..think might b better to buy the sharp oven then since its able to also grill and bake..

A similar and so called better steam cum bake cum grill table-top oven is panasonic brand and cost much cheaper less than 1K. Do check it out at big electrical dept stalls.. cant really recall think the model no. have 596 as part of the model no.

Another Sat!!! Went to my house today and found that the tilers were completing the final touches of the tiles!! What a pleasant surpise! hence, went inside to recee heh..

Noticed a few minor items

1) Common Toilet base should be hexagonal like my fridge base. Reason being that it is on the floor and at an area that people will always walk. Hence, we might kick it and get injured. Already told my ID at the same time when I mentioned to him to make the fridge base corner hexagonal. Hence, I quickly called him and told him about this. He told me that he did not catch the part that I wanted to make the toilet base corner hexagonal too. Then he told me he will immediately ask the tilers to rectify this. No arguements at all! This is impressive. In the last reno that my family went thru, the contractor would argue and say not his fault, etc etc and then charge us when we want things to be redone due to their mistake. Surprisingly, Andrew told me his reason for having missed that and then assured me that he will rectify it with no additional charge or arguements. This is what i call service! :dancingqueen:

toiletbaseny5.th.jpgthpix.gif

2) The main entrance steps were tiled but the sides weren't. We wanted the sides to also be tiled. Reason for this is because if the sides are not tiled, it will easily be dirtied when people accidentally brush against the sides with their shoes. Stains on paint is hard to wash off but if it is on tiles, it can much easily cleaned. I again called Andrew and told him about this and he told me he will get it done on Monday. phew.....

entrancestepsbj0.th.jpgthpix.gif

3) btw, Andrew also helped me to absorb about 80 bucks from the excess tiles. :notti: Now I only need to top up 670 or so. phew....lucky he undestand that I really in a very tight spot with the cash stuff.

4) finally, i am opting to use stainless steel drainage cover in my MBR toilet. Wonder if this will cost me anything :(. Waiting for his reply. Hopefully, won't be too much as I will most prob have to top up some cash to change door handles to stainless steel lever types.

Wow, its been a long time since I updated my blog.

Been too busy with work lately to have the luxury of even visiting my house. Anyway, things are getting better now after the walls have been plastered. Painting of the sealant coat is now underway and hopefully I can take over the house before Christmas.

Some updates of the house reno:

My rainshower bought from Royal Fanco. Seems like all that purchase from them buy the same model :P

img5753lo9.th.jpg

My Common Toilet ADL Shower head. Going to remove the soap tray cos don use that kinda soap:

img5763fw4.th.jpg

My McClair Toilet bowl. Cost me 200 for 1, inclusive of delievey and the Pan collar:

img5761qg8.th.jpg

My Common Toilet Basin. Baron Brand, small and cute

img5762ge3.th.jpg

My New Circuit Board with loads of wires:

img5765pl8.th.jpg

ok good updates over.

Noticed one of my floor tile is already badly scratched. :(

Its scratches due to people opening the door which in turn due to debris under the door to scratch the floor.

I am very worried now that if they cant remove those deep scratches, they would have to hack up that tile. In that case, dunno will have impact such as uneveness due to a different piece of tile used, as well as if there will be any impact to the other tiles if only hack up that piece.

See Pic attached.

img5767ha8.th.jpg

img5768hu0.th.jpg

I wanted to call Andrew but decided not to cos recently I have been highlighting quite a bit of stuff to him and I think he is not very happy. Actually I don expect him to be on site everyday as he has other projects. Hence, whenever I see something I am not sure, like holes on wall, areas that need plastering again, I will take photo and email him to let him know. I think cos of my actions, he is annoyed and feel that I am treating him like a Contractor instead of an ID. Hence, I decided I better not raise too much issues to him since he assured me that he will inspect everything and make sure all is well before hand over.

Only thing I am worried is, I feel ithat t will be easier to rectify it now, rather than later when going to complete then he come up to see and then start to rectify it. This may involved things like a bit of hacking, repainting, etc which will cause uneveness, as well as paint differences. These are the main concerns I have loh thats why i aways try to let him know when i see something. Anyway, now a bit scare le haha....better leave it be and hope he notices it. Guess must learn to trust him also bah...

so big a scratch sure can see la... let him do his stuffs..he never rectify den dun agree to the handover loh. think most prob the tile got to change, but no problem with that as tilers can change tiles quite professionally. i have a few tiles oso retile, cant even tell the difference.

so big a scratch sure can see la... let him do his stuffs..he never rectify den dun agree to the handover loh. think most prob the tile got to change, but no problem with that as tilers can change tiles quite professionally. i have a few tiles oso retile, cant even tell the difference.

Thanks, Andrew did an inspection of the place without me asking him to and already noted a few areas that he will have to touch up. Nice of him to take the trouble to do that in advance.

Anyway, today had a really hard time appeasing my wife. She totally refused to talk to me the whole day :( Reason being that the kitchen cabinets that she planned her stuff with turned out to be different from the 2D diagram given to us by Andrew and we only know of this on Friday.

The cabinets from 4 doors now became only 3 doors!!! And this also meant that the stove will be much nearer the right side as compared to where it might have been previously :(.. To be honest, i did not really pay much attention cos I did not do the planning on how to use the kitchen. Hence, I did not highlight anything other than the fact that the cabinets has some minor issue (shall not go into those details now). Hence, my wife is upset with me saying that I do not care about her stuff and that why I did not inform the ID.

Sigh....but the thing is that I did ask Andrew a few times and he even told me that his carpenter did take the measurements and turned out everything oso can have except mayb the doors become smaller. So we rest our mind. However, on Friday when I saw it, I noticed only 3 doors and he also told me that became 3 door. I tht ok loh....but unfortunately....my wife is not feeling the same way as me....haiz....now i have to think of some way to appease her :dunno:.

I need to speak with Andrew on this again. Thruout these 6 weeks, he has shown me that he is quite a thoughtful person who thinks for the owners. hence, there must be some reason for his actions on this.

Edited by Cloudy

mmm maybe after final measurements the carpenter decided not enough for 4 doors ba.. Maybe you find out from ID? It could be that the cabinets are now slightly wider... then can tell wifey that the cabinets can contain more despite fewer?

I bought a few rods from ikea that can be used to hang stuff. Ikea catalogue see liao looks very nice. and it's cheap too. Maybe can suggest to her that can use that to maximise the space?

I'm sure she'll be ok after a while. Good luck!!

My house is gg to be completed soon. Will post pics of the 'completed' product by next week so stay tuned!!

However, have something that Iwould like to seek advice from fellow reno-talkers...

My MBR wall as well as my Guest room Wall seem to have a serious water seepage problem from the outside. Mine is corner unit and the flat is like 23-25 years old already. Hence, I think the condition of the exterior is quite bad.

I had my whole house plastered and painted. However, after about 1 week from the plastering and the painting, I noticed that my wall in the MBR and Guestroom has lots of air bubbles!!

wall1ix0.th.jpg

wall2la2.th.jpg

wall3gb9.th.jpg

This is definitely not my ID's faut and it was nice of him to help me mark those very obvious spots and told me that he will get the painter to paint some oil sealant over them before repainting. However, this is definitely not a long term solution as I suspect after a week or so, the bubbles will return again :(

Does anyone have such experience and know how to tackle it? I was thinking of getting HDB to rectify but I highly doubt they will bother with only 1 unit on the 10th floor. :(

Edited by Cloudy

My house is gg to be completed soon. Will post pics of the 'completed' product by next week so stay tuned!!

However, have something that Iwould like to seek advice from fellow reno-talkers...

My MBR wall as well as my Guest room Wall seem to have a serious water seepage problem from the outside. Mine is corner unit and the flat is like 23-25 years old already. Hence, I think the condition of the exterior is quite bad.

I had my whole house plastered and painted. However, after about 1 week from the plastering and the painting, I noticed that my wall in the MBR and Guestroom has lots of air bubbles!!

wall1ix0.th.jpg

wall2la2.th.jpg

wall3gb9.th.jpg

This is definitely not my ID's faut and it was nice of him to help me mark those very obvious spots and told me that he will get the painter to paint some oil sealant over them before repainting. However, this is definitely not a long term solution as I suspect after a week or so, the bubbles will return again :(

Does anyone have such experience and know how to tackle it? I was thinking of getting HDB to rectify but I highly doubt they will bother with only 1 unit on the 10th floor. :(

air bubbles on wall normally is the paint cannot stick well to the cement.

so if just air bubbles, what i do is to scrape off all the paint that can be scraped, then apply wall putty. if not flushed with the wall, then apply another coat of wall putty. after it dry, sand it smooth. then apply a few coats of paint to cover up. if bubble contains water, means outside the cement got cracks liao so water seeps in when rain. if that happens, call up ur town council to patch up the crack, den scrape off the paint and apply wall putty.

My town Council reply me le.

they say will rectify it on 1st Jan 2009 and will follow up with me once rectified. Now waiting loh...1 more week should be fine :)

i just realised that my common toilet wall has a hollow tile. knocking on it produces a totally different sound!!! :(

Any idea if there will be any impact if I let it be?

i just realised that my common toilet wall has a hollow tile. knocking on it produces a totally different sound!!! :(

Any idea if there will be any impact if I let it be?

Personally I will just ask for it to be changed and retiled. It's not tough to change really. Tilers can do it easily. :)

Personally I will just ask for it to be changed and retiled. It's not tough to change really. Tilers can do it easily. :)

thanks for the advice. The only issue is that this tile has part of my shower mixer on it. means they have to remove the mixer, place the tile and drill the hole to place the mixer back on.

A bit worried that they might drill an uneven hole when placing the mixer back on :(

but anyway, will see what I can do cos supposed to be meeting the tiler today in the late morning :)