Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KPE

Aircon Leaking

Hi all,

After I on my aircon for around 30 min, water start to drip from the fan coil.

Anyone can offer any advise to stop the water from dripping?

Xie Xie!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haha, me not detail enough.

Aircon is about 1 year old.

I only clean the filter myself.

Need to find out how much will the aircon serviceman charge and will there be any gaurantee after they service.

Xie Xie!

It is normally becos of chokage.

1) Off your air-con- the isolator

2) Remove the whole cover - remove screw at the side and inside.

3) Locate the water discharge outlet - see your piping, it is normally at the right side, behind the PCB.

4) Insert a drinking straw to suck out the jelly-like dirts or use a flexible wire to clear the chokage.

5) If u have a vacuum cleaner for wet use, u can vacuum the chokage at the outlet of the dicharge pt.

Lastly, vacuum your aircon regularly.

I alway do it this way for many yrs till a few days ago I get an air-con servicing co to chemical and steam wash all my fancoils.

Total charges is $200/- for 3 fancoils and 1 condenser (steam wash without chemical) inclusive of topping up the gas.

Pm me if u want the contact.

Edited by gladyslim

Hi gladyslim,

can describe this in more details :

4) Insert a drinking straw to suck out the jelly-like dirts or use a flexible wire to clear the chokage.

Is it like the way we drink water with straw? then jelly mar go inside mouth? :unsure:

Hi gladyslim,

can describe this in more details :

Is it like the way we drink water with straw? then jelly mar go inside mouth? :unsure:

Both

Use the straw to suck out partial dirt then the wire to loosen any harden dirt.

Don't have to sucked so hard unless u want to taste the 'jellies'

can use your finger's tip, cover & release to suck the dirt or use a pump - like the nose's cleaner for infant.

replace the tube with straw.

sucked out the 'jellies' with whatever u think works like those fine water hose or soft plastic container with a long nozzle, the one in the kitchen for storing sauces.

Just anything u want to try with.

Once the dirt is clear, there shouldn't be any overflow of water.

Same as for the freezer - the chokages is normally at the refrigerating compartment - behind the bulb.

Just the normal vacuum

use it before u wet your filter.

The first thing to do - OFF your isolator before you proceed with the cleaning

1) vacuum

2) brush

3) vacuum

4) wet the filter

5) option to use the aircon spraying foam

6) clear the choked water discharge outlet, near to the manual control

7) rinse the foamed filter with clean water

wow....

i off my air con, then i jus vacum the outlet pipe drainage only.

if u happen to clean your aircon again, hope you could snap some pix to show us ok. hee.. paisay la abit slow to understand :P

you are really a DIY homemaker.

It's highly likely that you have a choke.

In order to get a proper analysis though, you can call Cool Serve to get them to give you a no-obligation analysis. Their customer service was excellent and very efficient. They assessed the situation for me and gave me a 2nd opinion. The repair guy even advised me to save my money from hiring Cool Serve to do the job but to instead, get my original air con installer to do the job for me -- which I did.

ya....i second hposnm's suggestion. Cool Serve dun push you to buy their products or sign up with them. Their customer service is excellent and the repair guy is honest with his findings

It's highly likely that you have a choke.

In order to get a proper analysis though, you can call Cool Serve to get them to give you a no-obligation analysis. Their customer service was excellent and very efficient. They assessed the situation for me and gave me a 2nd opinion. The repair guy even advised me to save my money from hiring Cool Serve to do the job but to instead, get my original air con installer to do the job for me -- which I did.

How they do the no-obligation analysis? Over the phone or they come to your house? :dunno:

How they do the no-obligation analysis? Over the phone or they come to your house? :dunno:

Hi there,

If you stay near IMM Shopping mall, there is a push cart with Mr Mckenic Signboard, you can purchase a bottle of air con "Choke Clear" which can do the job beautifually.

Just proceed there and watch the video demonstration and is as simple as ABC.....