Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
duckweed

Extendible Dining Table

does anyone know where i can get a good extendible dining table? have seen those in xzqt - very nice, but too costly.

thanks!

Edited by duckweed

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
does anyone know where i can get a good extendible dining table? have seen those in xzqt - very nice, but too costly.

thanks!

u can try the furniture shops listed in this thread...my own highly recommended is S&C...reliable, affortable, and many choices...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16291

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1223969888

thanks, wifey, will check them out.

btw, for those interested, i found some very nice ones at life storey too. not as ex as xzqt, but also not cheap.

btw, for those interested, i found some very nice ones at life storey too. not as ex as xzqt, but also not cheap.

probably you wana go thru this thread b4 u consider life storey..seems to be many problems with the company...if me, me will never consider tat company, so many ppl gana, reno & buying stuffs for new home already a headache, dun wan add more troubles...faint...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13547

Depends on what sort of table u want. I got a wooden one from Ikea, and there are a number of showrooms in Sungei Kadut.

probably you wana go thru this thread b4 u consider life storey..seems to be many problems with the company...if me, me will never consider tat company, so many ppl gana, reno & buying stuffs for new home already a headache, dun wan add more troubles...faint...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13547

hi wifey,

yup, have read the thread you posted. thanks for the reminder! the life storey i'm referring to is the original one at great world city. won't even bother to look at the other.

hi little sunshine and angel,

thanks for sharing! i think i'd prefer the glass top ones. not too keen on ikea stuff though.

as for barang barang, if i'm not wrong, most of their stuff are wooden, right?

i have seen some extendable ones in some of the smaller shops, but their mechanism doesn't seem very good and in some cases, so primitive. *sigh*

hi little sunshine and angel,

thanks for sharing! i think i'd prefer the glass top ones. not too keen on ikea stuff though.

as for barang barang, if i'm not wrong, most of their stuff are wooden, right?

Ooo u wan glass ones ah? Ya, barang barang mostly wood stuff. Only the Mannheim series got glass I tink. This range's glass dining table very nice, but cannot extend. :( Have u tried IMM? There got lots of shops, they may have glass top tables woh. :)

For the XZQT glass tables, you're paying for the extension mechanism and the table finishing. Most of their range are from Calligaris, you can go to Calligaris website and look at the different types of extension tables. I did not find that LifeStorey's tables are cheaper. I think they are about the same price leh.

Tip: You can bargain at XZQT, even during sales ... So if you really have your eye on it, wait for their sales then go down and see if can discount somemore.

Maybe you can state your budget so that forumers can help recommend.

i didn't look very carefully when i was at xzqt, just recall the tables being extremely costly. there was one, whereby even after 25% discount was around 5k (but have to admit the finishing was really classy).

as for lifestorey, they are having some sort of sale right now and some of the tables are having good discount (with some close to 50%). there is one that goes from 1.3m to 1.8m to 2.3m ie double extension, all with the same pull/push mechanism. and the important thing is the table legs run with the extension ie table legs are always at the ends of the table. this is now going for just above 3k after discount, and it's the most affordable decent one i have seen thus far. saw some extendable ones at molecule too and the tables are also around 5k range.

in summary, i almost gave up my extendable table search. was close to settling for a normal table from evovliving (which was also a very good looking piece), till i suddenly dropped in on lifestorey....

angel,

i have not been to imm to look yet, but been to furniture mall at beach road and also IFC at sungei kadut. nothing caught my attention from these 2 places. i think i'm close to deciding soon as i'll need the table by early dec.

thank you all for your suggestions and help!

i've finally gotten my table... from xzqt. just realised there are some within my price range and actually cheaper than lifestorey. think i'm very happy to have found the table.

thanks, carelinwen, for the tip! managed to bargain even though table's on sale at 25%.

Glad to have helped! I have a extendible table from XZQT and I love it, hope that you will love yours too. I still eyeing some foldable chairs and stuff from them but must stop buying expensive non-essential furniture liao... So can only lust for it.

Glad to have helped! I have a extendible table from XZQT and I love it, hope that you will love yours too. I still eyeing some foldable chairs and stuff from them but must stop buying expensive non-essential furniture liao... So can only lust for it.

i saw the foldable wooden chairs, if that's what you are referring to. nice looking, but i thought abit ex since they are meant to be extra chairs. totally agree about holding back on non-essential stuff especially given the current economic mess.

good to hear you love your table, i hope i'll really like mine too. bought ice chairs to go along.... not sure if the final result will look good or not. btw, the table + the chairs combined turned out to be cheaper than the table from lifestorey. :sport-smiley-004: absolutely ecstatic with the savings!