Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mav7256

Installing Built In Oven

Hello! we just bought a resale flat and my wife suddenly had the urge to do some baking. the kitchen currently has only cooking hob and cabinet below the cooking hob. we plan to put the oven below the hob and remove the cabinet. Anything to consider in doing this like powerpoint, etc? Thanks!

Also, any suggestions on which brand?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hello! we just bought a resale flat and my wife suddenly had the urge to do some baking. the kitchen currently has only cooking hob and cabinet below the cooking hob. we plan to put the oven below the hob and remove the cabinet. Anything to consider in doing this like powerpoint, etc? Thanks!

Also, any suggestions on which brand?

we're in the middle of our reno now and just discussed abit about installing an oven with our electrician. He says we need to decide between a 13w or 15w powerpt, which will depend on the oven. 13w and 15w can play at part in how he run the cable, the kind of switch etc etc. he actually told me if 13w wont have an external on/off switch (like a lightswitch) for me to switch off the power to the oven when not in use (ie; on all the time). so i opted for the 15w. how true is it, i dont know, because it costs more to run a 15w ppt! :P

usually i guess you will run the powerpt first before you install the oven, right? so err...go and find out what kind of powerpt your oven need?

cheers

usually i guess you will run the powerpt first before you install the oven, right? so err...go and find out what kind of powerpt your oven need?

the rennai oven i bought was using the normal 13A point. Is your electrician bluffing u? coz normal oven seems to be all using the normal 13A points.

the rennai oven i bought was using the normal 13A point. Is your electrician bluffing u? coz normal oven seems to be all using the normal 13A points.

dunno lei! i think the rather annoying thing is that he insist cannot put a on-off switch for the oven if i use 13a ? yours have switch or not?

dunno lei! i think the rather annoying thing is that he insist cannot put a on-off switch for the oven if i use 13a ? yours have switch or not?

My oven was delivered without a plug, just a wire sticking out. So I just buy a plug and fix up the wire. And plug into the normal socket point to power it up. It isn't too difficult. :unsure:

we're in the middle of our reno now and just discussed abit about installing an oven with our electrician. He says we need to decide between a 13w or 15w powerpt, which will depend on the oven. 13w and 15w can play at part in how he run the cable, the kind of switch etc etc. he actually told me if 13w wont have an external on/off switch (like a lightswitch) for me to switch off the power to the oven when not in use (ie; on all the time). so i opted for the 15w. how true is it, i dont know, because it costs more to run a 15w ppt! :P

cheers

hi some ovens are using 13w and some are using 15w like the brandt, diedetrich and the gaggenau models all are using 15. initially i wanted to buy brandt but since the flat (just renting) had only 13amp sockets i just bought bosch oven which is running on 13a

hi some ovens are using 13w and some are using 15w like the brandt, diedetrich and the gaggenau models all are using 15. initially i wanted to buy brandt but since the flat (just renting) had only 13amp sockets i just bought bosch oven which is running on 13a

Hi,

thnx 4 the info. i juz bought Brandt built-in oven. me & hubby din take note of these stuff cos its on promo so faster faster reserve & pay 4 it. :rolleyes: