Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HardGainer

Change 3 Bedroom Door Knobs For $90?

Bought new knobs which are a "perfect fit" for my existing old knobs. One installor quoted $90 to change 3 door knobs. It sounds quite high.... I need comments and even recommendations for an installor.

Thanks for the advice!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Bought new knobs which are a "perfect fit" for my existing old knobs. One installor quoted $90 to change 3 door knobs. It sounds quite high.... I need comments and even recommendations for an installor.

Thanks for the advice!

Hi sure can DIY....I have posted the below in another thread but will post here again if it can helps you:

Common Room Lock cost between $5- $10 with most hardware stores selling ard $8.50...

Main door lock will cost more depending on what you want... computer keys?, design n made... also the type... I think i may try to summarize the steps to change a lock set in 3 simple ABC steps:

Step A: remove door stopper

To change both lock... in general, have to open door, screw the 2 screws from the side of the door where the lock stopper comes out... you have to unscrew this using a "+" screw so that later the lock stopper can be remove later.

Yuppie you are 1 step closer to changing your lock step....

Step B: remove Lockset/ Handle Capping

Oops... this may prove the b ethe most difficult part!

Then from in the inside of the door (it sure will be inside due to security reason), use a "-" screw driver to open the capping that is at the base of your door handle (usually theres a small catch to release this capping)...

But you succeeded!!!

If you can't .... Just try gain after all you came this far....

Step C: Remove Lockset

Once you remove the capping. Can proceed to unscrew the lockset liao from the inside as you sure will see at least 2 screws mark to hold the lock set in place into your door.

Once lockset unscrew from inside... just pull the door stopper out first then pull the entire lockset out from the outside...

Sometimes you may need to further unscrew some parts for the outside before you pull the lock set out...

YUPPIE you are done!!!

CONGRAGULATIONS!!!!

Hope the above is not too confusing as I learn the hardway when my contractor wants to charge me $150 for labor!

If you are lazy or still need others to help.... i do it for you at half your contractor price lor... kekkekeek

Just joking :notti: