Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sir_ddt

Help With Electrician Quotes

Hi, I posted in the other section earlier, not very sure where this fit in... so asking here again

I was recently referred to an electrician by my ID and was given the following pricing.

Was looking at the previous thread, but not able to come to conclusion if my quotation is reasonable.

Any kind souls please help take a look and advice me please!

Lighting Point - $35

2-Way Switch - $70

1x13A Point - $60

2x13A Point - $70

Telephone Point - $40

SCV Point $90

Cat 5E Data Point - $80

(I'm assuming this can allow me to hook up my multimedia pc in living room from the router in my bed room, any advice?)

Over Point - $80

Hood and Hob - $80

Light Fitting install - $12

Pandent Light install - $35

Ceiling Fan Install - $35

Relocation of 13A Point w/ New Socket - $35

T5 Flourescent Fitting - $26

Flurescent Fitting - $12

Prices are for 1 per item

Total Damage adds up to about $4k

Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, I posted in the other section earlier, not very sure where this fit in... so asking here again

I was recently referred to an electrician by my ID and was given the following pricing.

Was looking at the previous thread, but not able to come to conclusion if my quotation is reasonable.

Any kind souls please help take a look and advice me please!

Lighting Point - $35

2-Way Switch - $70

1x13A Point - $60

2x13A Point - $70

Telephone Point - $40

SCV Point $90

Cat 5E Data Point - $80

(I'm assuming this can allow me to hook up my multimedia pc in living room from the router in my bed room, any advice?)

Over Point - $80

Hood and Hob - $80

Light Fitting install - $12

Pandent Light install - $35

Ceiling Fan Install - $35

Relocation of 13A Point w/ New Socket - $35

T5 Flourescent Fitting - $26

Flurescent Fitting - $12

Prices are for 1 per item

Total Damage adds up to about $4k

Thanks in advance!

A bit ex for power points!!

2x13A Point is generally $20 - $50 depending upon where you want to put that extra power point. In case it just adjacent to an existing point and no need for wiring or casing - $20. In case needs wiring or casing then up to $50 depending upon length. I just did a couple of weeks back and my electrician was too expert!!!.... never switched off any of the power and never shocked!! He finished adding 14 power points in less than 2 hours with two smoking breaks ..)

A bit ex for power points!!

2x13A Point is generally $20 - $50 depending upon where you want to put that extra power point. In case it just adjacent to an existing point and no need for wiring or casing - $20. In case needs wiring or casing then up to $50 depending upon length. I just did a couple of weeks back and my electrician was too expert!!!.... never switched off any of the power and never shocked!! He finished adding 14 power points in less than 2 hours with two smoking breaks ..)

Wah that's quite different from what I got.. But like you mentioned regarding casing, mine does need re-routing and casing... so the rates for the 2x13A point, with casing and wiring is about $50 in general?

What about my other items, any advices?

I understand from my friends, who recently done similar work that $45 is the standard rate but you can bargain if you have volume, say 8 and above. I had a total of 14 points and I managed to get it at $20 per 2X points (without casing) and one with casing(around 5/6ft) at $50. I felt $50 ex but never mind, only one that ex.