Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icky

Does The 90% Policy Really Help?

Please allow me to start a new thread to discuss this policy. Because I simply think that with so many first-timers around like everyone of us, this policy is not helpful at all.

When 90% of flat supply is allocated to first-timers, it does not mean u get a higher chance than the second-timers. Let's discuss this example.

suppose there are 1000 applications for 100 flats, if 99% are first-timers, then we'll have 990 first-timer applications and 10 second-timer applications. So the 990 first-timers will fight for 90 flats, while the 10 second-times will be allocated to 10 flats nicely, isn't this ridiculous?

Honestly, how many second-timers are there? People who participated in the recent (since 2007) BE/Bi-monthly/Half-yearly sales are all waiting for flats to get married or to give birth urgently, and I'm pretty sure there are more than 90% of the applications are from frist-timers, how could HDB allocate only 90% to first-timers?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Please allow me to start a new thread to discuss this policy. Because I simply think that with so many first-timers around like everyone of us, this policy is not helpful at all.

When 90% of flat supply is allocated to first-timers, it does not mean u get a higher chance than the second-timers. Let's discuss this example.

suppose there are 1000 applications for 100 flats, if 99% are first-timers, then we'll have 990 first-timer applications and 10 second-timer applications. So the 990 first-timers will fight for 90 flats, while the 10 second-times will be allocated to 10 flats nicely, isn't this ridiculous?

Honestly, how many second-timers are there? People who participated in the recent (since 2007) BE/Bi-monthly/Half-yearly sales are all waiting for flats to get married or to give birth urgently, and I'm pretty sure there are more than 90% of the applications are from frist-timers, how could HDB allocate only 90% to first-timers?

It helps if you get a unit, it doesn't help if you don't =)

With this policy, it effectively mean one can only buy once from HDB...cos the 2nd chance is extremely slim unless in recession =)

It would be nice if you give some basis for your figures, because it seemed to be plucked out of the air. For one, I would actually think there are alot more 2nd-timers, especially in this economy where HDB-upgraders who went to stay in condos then downgrade back to HDB flats.

Yes first-timers got their urgency, but so does 2nd timers. What would you say if you are a 2nd-timer on the verge of bankruptcy, condo kana foreclosure and soon will have no place for your family to stay? Want to be like 'pursue of happyness', go stay inside MRT's toilets??

By allocating 90% to first-timers is being strongly biased against 2nd-timers already, so why continue to penalise them? Sometimes we got to cut others some slack and take a more holistic view.

:yamseng: