Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reallove

Threatened By Security Guards To Fight Outside Condo

Hi All,

I'm at a loss as to what to do and I was wondering if any of you can help me.

Currently, we are staying in Euro-Asia Court in Orchard area, Rivervalley Close. My husband, being a teacher brought 7 of his students to the house just for a swim in the afternoon. The moment the students reached the pool, they wanted to change to have a swim. the security guard came out of the toilet and immediately told my husband off in front of the children, "You cannot bring guests in to swim. You need to get permission." Hey, this is absurd right! It is our house and we still need to get permission? My husband asked why there was a need to get permission, he said we were not following the rules. C'mon, what rule said that can't bring guests to your house? This is crazy. We were not using the BBQ pit or function room or disturbing the residence and furthermore we are owners, not people who rent the place. He was also there all along to supervise the children, it wasn't as if he left them there without any guidance. The security guard challenged my husband by pushing out his shirt, showing the nametag to complain about him.

My husband immediately walked to the guardpost with him and demanded to speak to the management. He told my husband that he can't use the phone at the guardpost, ok fine. My husband used his handphone to call the management, this guy who is in charge is called Mike Lee. My husband demanded for an apology and Mike said that he will ask the guard to apologise. My Husband passed the HP to him and in less than 20 sec, the HP was switched off. The security guard, Mr Tan just look at my husband and said with a shrug on his shoulder," SO?" My husband said," I thought Mike told you to apologise?" Mr Tan said, " I know your brother!" Hey, what did he mean when he said that!

Another security guard, Mr Maniam told my husband,"Eh, don't give us the attitude, if not happy we stand outside the condo to settle it!" My husband told him,"Do you want me to call the police to interfere?" He replied," we are all ex-police officer, even if you call the police, the police can't do anything!" Oh my goodness, he was shocked by his words! We pay maintenance fee every month and now, the security guards are threatening us and we feel so helpless. Mr Tan said," Go ahead and complain! You are the lousiest teacher I've ever seen and even the teacher at Geylang and Jalan Besar is better than you" This is really too much, it is a personal attack. When we call Mike again, he said," I can choose not to get involve with your quarrel with the security guards." Mike got very aggitated and said that he has no time to carry on with the conversation anymore. You see we are the owners, we pay but we are being "protected" by "law-abbidders" who are threatening us.

We immediately called Chambers Property of Singapore, the management of Euro-Asia Court. I spoke to the HR manager about it and we were advised to make a police report, which we did on the very night.

I met up with Mike and the operation manager of the security company, e-security. I told them that for safety reason, I think it is best that they deploy the 2 guards elsewhere or sack them as we feel threatened. I think I do not want them to continue working at Euro-Asia Court. Furthermore, Mr Tan, the security is the supervisor, what an irony. He is approximately 70 years of age and take naps in the afternoon at the pool for hours.I have also recorded him sleeping. After much debate, Mike promised to get the guards off the condo with immediate effect by Friday, which is today.

This morning I came down and I still see the same guards. Oh my! I called Mike and he said that he spoke to the management and they decide to continue letting the guards stay! This is a decision by the management and it has nothing to do with him. You know the guards were gloating at us. We feel terrible and don't know what to do.

I really wish someone can help us... really really appreciate it.

Oh ya, we stay at Court 3, you know 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th floor, the water seeps into the ceiling. I feel that it is manufacturing defects but the management keep delaying until the 8th floor ceiling start to drip water from the ceiling till their furniture are destroyed and also the owner gets wet even when he stands in his house. If it is just one floor, probably it is one floor mistake of not waterproofing, but it is many floors affected and also Court 2, there are residents over there with ceiling dripping water in the house. The management is not doing anything. The ignored the whole situation. What can we do. They keep saying is owners fault but how can be so many floors and even at different blks all happen.

Edited by reallove

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Oh ya, we stay at Court 3, you know 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th floor, the water seeps into the ceiling. I feel that it is manufacturing defects but the management keep delaying until the 8th floor ceiling start to drip water from the ceiling till their furniture are destroyed and also the owner gets wet even when he stands in his house. If it is just one floor, probably it is one floor mistake of not waterproofing, but it is many floors affected and also Court 2, there are residents over there with ceiling dripping water in the house. The management is not doing anything. The ignored the whole situation. What can we do. They keep saying is owners fault but how can be so many floors and even at different blks all happen.

Going to the Managing Agent for interfloor leak is barking up the wrong tree.

Pls read this...

http://www.bca.gov.sg/BMSM/others/strata_living.pdf

Many times, I find that there are a lot of ppl who dun quite understand how things work.. and perpetually bark up the wrong tree, and eventually this will give others the impression of being trouble makers.

Sorry to hear that. The security guards do sound threatening to me, is your police report any good? What help did the police give? Police can;t investigate? Or simply asked u to sue the guards?

I'm don't own condo, but from what learnt from friends staying condo, they have their own management committe. Why not approach your MC for help? Or your MC is not selected yet?

There is a right way to do everything; no need to get into dispute with the guards or property management.

I also do not agree to demanding for the staff to sacked or transferred. If you buy SPH's shares and one day you read an article that you do not like, can you call SPH to have the reporters sacked?? Being an owner of a strata-title property does give you power over the way the property is being managed/maintained, but not in the way you are demanding for. Like yoongf said about inter-floor leaks, I think you are barking up the wrong tree on the guards' issue as well.

Do read up more about your rights and do things in a smart way. Go on like that and one day your car kana scratched and even you if KNOW the guards did it, you also can't do anything. And yes, this is a minor dispute, police won't do anything. They will just want both parties to keep peace.

Thanks everyone for your comments and I really really appreciate that I can read up on the booklet n know more about things clearer now.... Thanks everyone.

Anyway, I went to ask the MP of my GRC as the management is not on my side. She told me to go to the surbodinate court and file a magistrate order and get the guards to apologise for what they have said as it was a dispute of an insult.

The MP has also written in for me to the Management for me to speak up to the Managing Director and to give us and answer... I feel comforted upon hearing her advices.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Edited by reallove

I thought they claimed themselves to be ex-police officers? did you incl that in your police report...if not..they could have violated the law by pretending to be a ex-law enforcement officer. This also create a bad impression for our singapore police force.

I thought they claimed themselves to be ex-police officers? did you incl that in your police report...if not..they could have violated the law by pretending to be a ex-law enforcement officer. This also create a bad impression for our singapore police force.

I included that but when I called the investigating officer who is the police in charge at the Tanglin HQ division, he said that it is only a comment and so I told him, so you mean what the security guards said is true, the police will not do anything even if you lodge a report. the IO said that it is only a comment... Can you just believe it!

The investigating officer said that he is not going to exercise his power to deal with this situation. He raised his voice at me,"SO, what you want me to do?The police will not deal with this kind of case. This is not an offence!"

I asked him," so does that mean i there is bodily harm then you will intersede?" He said that he will not intersede but will just investigate. Terrible... The police are realli useless. Anyway, it is a comment! I even told the IO that my guards insulted the police and said that the police will not help me at all and told him that," so what the guards said was true afterall.

Dun mind if i add tis piece of advise... Dun know its useful or .......

Go to media n bring tis matter up!!! Publish it to all newspaper... Its simply ridiculous tad police took tis matter so lightly... Civilians being threatened by security guards!!! Can't imagine man...

Once its publish, fellow residents in SG sure to write in comments...

Media is always the best... Never under-estimate the power of Media...

(Ur area is under PAP hor? Maybe send email to PM Lee might be a gd way also...)

Edited by de_Pierre

Sometime the guards are simply doing what they have been instructed by the management committee to do. If you are not happy, the best way is to write manager in charge or voice it up during the AGM.

Dun mind if i add tis piece of advise... Dun know its useful or .......

Go to media n bring tis matter up!!! Publish it to all newspaper... Its simply ridiculous tad police took tis matter so lightly... Civilians being threatened by security guards!!! Can't imagine man...

Once its publish, fellow residents in SG sure to write in comments...

Media is always the best... Never under-estimate the power of Media...

(Ur area is under PAP hor? Maybe send email to PM Lee might be a gd way also...)

The media is a double edge sword, and I think people should listen to both side of the story first before making any judgement.

Tads y go to Media is a better choice...

U do the report (maybe can get vouchers),

reporters do the articles (they got more news to print),

comments will start coming in (will help to fight justice)

I won't reconsider abt going to Media for matters like our dear forumer 'reallove' is facing... I'll give no face... Some more staying at a luxury condo at orchard area, Worst still have to pay for those idi*tic guards... Haiz...

(reallove mentioned: "You cannot bring guests in to swim. You need to get permission." Since they so alarm by visitors, Y those guards don't install those sensor entrance (which is commonly used at Custom check points for passengers) to scan every1 b4 entering the premise? like tad they no time to 'eat snake' also... Wuahahaha.... so funny... pai seh, jus jokin)

Although we're tax payers, Police Officers also got their books to abide... Can't blame them also... Haiz again...

From wad i know, Police won't involve in any minor Civil matters de... They only do peace making as like bystanders only... Just like listen to both parties talkings, then 'say y not u like tis', 'y not he like tad', then notin else can be done liao...

Actions can be taken only by them in Criminal matters de...

Civil matters like verbal arguements, personal disputes etc, must go Court (not Courts selling furnitures n electronics 1 ar) find our 'gd friend' named Judge...

He's very busy de, must afford to have time then can meet him 1...

(Any laywers here to correct me pls... thks in advance ar...)

Edited by de_Pierre

I won't reconsider abt going to Media for matters like our dear forumer 'reallove' is facing... I'll give no face... Some more staying at a luxury condo at orchard area, Worst still have to pay for those idi*tic guards... Haiz...

(reallove mentioned: "You cannot bring guests in to swim. You need to get permission." Since they so alarm by visitors, Y those guards don't install those sensor entrance (which is commonly used at Custom check points for passengers) to scan every1 b4 entering the premise? like tad they no time to 'eat snake' also... Wuahahaha.... so funny... pai seh, jus jokin)

Although we're tax payers, Police Officers also got their books to abide... Can't blame them also... Haiz again...

From wad i know, Police won't involve in any minor Civil matters de... They only do peace making as like bystanders only... Just like listen to both parties talkings, then 'say y not u like tis', 'y not he like tad', then notin else can be done liao...

Actions can be taken only by them in Criminal matters de...

Civil matters like verbal arguements, personal disputes etc, must go Court (not Courts selling furnitures n electronics 1 ar) find our 'gd friend' named Judge...

He's very busy de, must afford to have time then can meet him 1...

(Any laywers here to correct me pls... thks in advance ar...)

You know, de_Pierre, we tried to call the press regarding this issue, they said that they are still considering if the piece of news worth any value.... Haiz... It's all for the $$$. So sad...

I think if I'm Fann Wong or Christopher Lee, even if I go toilet didn't pay 10 cents, they will also publish... Too bad lor, I not famous enough...

Sometimes, we should all Darth Vaders.... Enjoy the dark force, it doesn't pay to be good.... Think must get underworld to help us. Any recomendation? Why do victims get bullied?

That day I met a lady, I think alot of people very unhappy with the police but all just swallow it down. When she reach home one day, her padlock was on the floor and her things in her house all gone so she called the police, they came and say that " The padlock drop on the floor by itself." She was so upset, hey what do you mean by padlock drop itself. So ridiculous when all her items were stolen.

The police couldn't catch the culprit so to close the case, guess what they did... It sounds very funny... Promise not to laugh..

They issued her a warning letter :jawdrop: Saying that they are charging her for trespassing..... :bangwall:

She was so furious that she went to see the officer in charge as to what it means by trespassing when it is her house... A victim kena victimise by the black and the white society... Poor lady. In the end, the police officer treated her to a cup of coffee to pacify her... What a society! Until now, she is so upset.

Media is indeed a double-edged sword; sorry to say this but I suspect the couple will get more traumatized if this is reported in media.

Why do you think everyone seemed to be so hostile to reallove and her hubby? From the guards to the condo manager to the policeman? So everyone is wrong lor, everyone is rude and idi*tic lor, only they are right, huh??

The worst thing to happen is after the matter is brought up in media, the comments coming are those AGAINST the couple, like how they behave in the condo, how the residents actually do not like them at all, etc. That will be really traumatizing!!

Remember the classic saying, "When you point your finger at others, four fingers are pointing at yourself!"

You know, de_Pierre, we tried to call the press regarding this issue, they said that they are still considering if the piece of news worth any value.... Haiz... It's all for the $$$. So sad...

I think if I'm Fann Wong or Christopher Lee, even if I go toilet didn't pay 10 cents, they will also publish... Too bad lor, I not famous enough...

Sometimes, we should all Darth Vaders.... Enjoy the dark force, it doesn't pay to be good.... Think must get underworld to help us. Any recomendation? Why do victims get bullied?

That day I met a lady, I think alot of people very unhappy with the police but all just swallow it down. When she reach home one day, her padlock was on the floor and her things in her house all gone so she called the police, they came and say that " The padlock drop on the floor by itself." She was so upset, hey what do you mean by padlock drop itself. So ridiculous when all her items were stolen.

The police couldn't catch the culprit so to close the case, guess what they did... It sounds very funny... Promise not to laugh..

They issued her a warning letter :jawdrop: Saying that they are charging her for trespassing..... :bangwall: She was so furious that she went to see the officer in charge as to what it means by trespassing when it is her house... A victim kena victimise by the black and the white society... Poor lady. In the end, the police officer treated her to a cup of coffee to pacify her... What a society! Until now, she is so upset.

R u sure anot? If its true, i suspect there's more stories behind tad woman liao... Btw how u got to know tis incident?

Hi zirhk3355,

The fact is we're listening to reallove's circumstances, If wad she mentioned is true, comments will do her gd... Of cos the comments might turn adversely if there's more stories behind it... Who knows? We ain't the judge anyway... All we can do is advise only lor... The rest is up to her ma...

Edited by de_Pierre

... That day I met a lady, I think alot of people very unhappy with the police but all just swallow it down. When she reach home one day, her padlock was on the floor and her things in her house all gone so she called the police, they came and say that " The padlock drop on the floor by itself." She was so upset, hey what do you mean by padlock drop itself. So ridiculous when all her items were stolen.

They issued her a warning letter :jawdrop: Saying that they are charging her for trespassing..... :bangwall:

She was so furious that she went to see the officer in charge as to what it means by trespassing when it is her house... A victim kena victimise by the black and the white society... Poor lady. In the end, the police officer treated her to a cup of coffee to pacify her... What a society! Until now, she is so upset.

It is obvious that this lady has been evicted, either by a landlord or court baliff. The police did not assist her, and yet threaten to charge her for traspass, only goes to show.. she has done something wrong in the first place.

Buglary.. the bugler dun normally remove everything in the house. Even garung kuni ppl also wun take everything, come to think of it.. if is gurung kuni... padlock will take.. can sell as scrap metal.

Media is indeed a double-edged sword; sorry to say this but I suspect the couple will get more traumatized if this is reported in media.

Why do you think everyone seemed to be so hostile to reallove and her hubby? From the guards to the condo manager to the policeman? So everyone is wrong lor, everyone is rude and idi*tic lor, only they are right, huh??

The worst thing to happen is after the matter is brought up in media, the comments coming are those AGAINST the couple, like how they behave in the condo, how the residents actually do not like them at all, etc. That will be really traumatizing!!

Remember the classic saying, "When you point your finger at others, four fingers are pointing at yourself!"

I am not sure if you remember the case between a taxi driver and some senior manager of media corp vendor, where the latter posted a video showing the taxi driver asking him to F*** off.