Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Itchy Fingers

Building A Lap Pool

was flipping the classifieds and saw a advert on the construction of lap pool at $35k.

anyone has added a lap pool to an existing semi-d? how big, long, deep, should it be?

also how much did u pay and how long it took to complete the job?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
was flipping the classifieds and saw a advert on the construction of lap pool at $35k.

anyone has added a lap pool to an existing semi-d? how big, long, deep, should it be?

building a pool is cheap. maintaining it is expensive.

How big, long and deep the pool will be, really depends on how big, long and deep is the piece of available land you have, isn't it??

And husky is right; to have a clean, circulated/filtered, ph-balanced and levelled water, you need to spend at least $400 per month. This is not including the increase of utilities bills for the running filter.

Once you let down on such maintenance, eg algae starts to grow or the filter starts to choke, then it will cost even more to rectify all these.

How big, long and deep the pool will be, really depends on how big, long and deep is the piece of available land you have, isn't it??

And husky is right; to have a clean, circulated/filtered, ph-balanced and levelled water, you need to spend at least $400 per month. This is not including the increase of utilities bills for the running filter.

Once you let down on such maintenance, eg algae starts to grow or the filter starts to choke, then it will cost even more to rectify all these.

Just a wacky thought...

but why do we need to have ph balance , chlorine water for swimming?

How come we cannot have a lap pool that replicates the function of a pond.

People swim in ponds too right?

So put some fish in to eat algae...

Just a wacky thought...

Then call it a "pond" instead. :)

But be careful make sure you are not breeding mosquitos.

Just a wacky thought...

The chemicals and water circulation in the pool will prevent the breeding of mosquitoes, algae, etc.

You want to swim amongst the fishes?? Then you will have a fish spa akin kenko's...hehe...

The chemicals and water circulation in the pool will prevent the breeding of mosquitoes, algae, etc.

You want to swim amongst the fishes?? Then you will have a fish spa akin kenko's...hehe...

hAHA.. Yup.. maybe I will build the 1st kampung style swimming lap pool with fishes...

Maybe a tree ..to climb up and jump into the pool.. (must dig deeper...keke)

I jus had a quote from my ID, building a lap pool with length of 7.5m X 2.5m X 1.2m depth cost around 20k.

I jus had a quote from my ID, building a lap pool with length of 7.5m X 2.5m X 1.2m depth cost around 20k.

That's about right. I built a "mini pool" (5m x 3 m) for about 20k... Concreate pool with tiles, filters, jacuzzi pump, counter current pump.

That's about right. I built a "mini pool" (5m x 3 m) for about 20k... Concreate pool with tiles, filters, jacuzzi pump, counter current pump.

Hi, heard from wife colleague that someone can build the pool for u for free but u need to sign a maintenance contract with them, dun have much details liao, anyone heard of such deal to share? Thanks

Hi, heard from wife colleague that someone can build the pool for u for free but u need to sign a maintenance contract with them, dun have much details liao, anyone heard of such deal to share? Thanks

Nothing's free in life. Your probably will end up paying higher maintenance contracts or a maintenance contract that is unfavourable or locks you in for a couple of years.

Hi,

I've seen it worked before n its nice, wondering how much it cost? Where did u get it from as the site states for USA.

Cheers

Sandy

I wonder if anyone install endless pool on their lap pool before?

last month i just bought an unit which comes with a 8meters x 2.5 meters lap pool and thinking to install that

http://www.endlesspools.com/indexo.html

Has anyone done a pool using the contractor from the classified advertising $35K for the pool or have used any other reliable contractors to reccomend?

How about warranties against defects and also damage caused to property from soil movement. Do these contractors usually have insurance against these and will they assign cover to owners?

Hi victor

am also interested in building a small pool - care to pm me your contractor's contact? i was quoted 45k for a 2.5m by 6m pool - 20k sounds cheap lor...:-)

Edited by evoleolhc