Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jasoncassanova

Glass Door Walk-in Shower

any experiences using glass door for walk-in showers? pros and cons? the pros that i can see here is that an enclosed area that usually gets wets is easier to clean and to maintain rather than having the whole bathroom sprayed with water or being affected by moist, the only cons that i know of is that glass can be quite dangerous for kids because it might get broken or shattered if not shut properly.

care to clarify something to me about this?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I bet u're talking abt shower screens...

Well, in local market, Glass shower screens r commonly used... Its a type of safety glass which we called it tempered glass...

Materials can be made from China, malaysia n Singapore... Singapore safety glass is highly recommended for its quality control... Just take note of the spects of the material... Got to be at least 10mm in thinkness...

'Glass' seems to be lethal when broken, but after being tempered, in any event tad it breaks, it will shattered into small bits... Just like the car's wind screen, when hit, it looks like spider web 1....

U can rest assure of tad bro...

Edited by de_Pierre

I bet u're talking abt shower screens...

Well, in local market, Glass shower screens r commonly used... Its a type of safety glass which we called it tempered glass...

Materials can be made from China, malaysia n Singapore... Singapore safety glass is highly recommended for its quality control... Just take note of the spects of the material... Got to be at least 10mm in thinkness...

'Glass' seems to be lethal when broken, but after being tempered, in any event tad it breaks, it will shattered into small bits... Just like the car's wind screen, when hit, it looks like spider web 1....

U can rest assure of tad bro...

yup! that is what i exactly mean, i've been checking out the pics in the internet and they seem durable, especially the one's used for shower enclosures. well my only experience with this was when i was taking up swimming lessons at a hotel pool, the showers they had in there had this kind of glass for their shower doors. the kids there were banging it upon closing the door like they were closing a wooden door and nothing happened :)

Hahaha, glass with 10mm thickness not so easy break 1...

Does anyone know the cost of such glass shower screen?

the ones at my new place have got stains/ algae on the silicon edges and the hinges are all tarnished.. very tempted to change them..

Thanks for any advice!

Does anyone know the cost of such glass shower screen?

the ones at my new place have got stains/ algae on the silicon edges and the hinges are all tarnished.. very tempted to change them..

Thanks for any advice!

Hi!

It depends on the size...if yours is standard 1.7m high with 1 fixed panel and 1 swing door, than it should cost about $328-388, depending on the supplier. I've been qouted $500 also, but I went for the cheaper 1.

cheers!

So can recommend the cheaper ones to me ?

Hi Ericang,

Check out ysterday or today's STimes classified ads.

There are a few ads on doors, eg: Doctor Doors galery, door king mikota door xpert..etc...

I'm too looking for glass framless tempered shower screen door, fix panel with swing door.

Survey still going on. . . . . .

Hi Ericang,

Check out ysterday or today's STimes classified ads.

There are a few ads on doors, eg: Doctor Doors galery, door king mikota door xpert..etc...

I'm too looking for glass framless tempered shower screen door, fix panel with swing door.

Survey still going on. . . . . .

Should only cost between $350 to $470. Depend on sizes.

does it include installation?

Normally the price given to you includes installation.

Please also check with the supply what type of hinge they will provide.

There are china, taiwan and angmoh(of course expensive lah!) country hinge

Hi!

It depends on the size...if yours is standard 1.7m high with 1 fixed panel and 1 swing door, than it should cost about $328-388, depending on the supplier. I've been qouted $500 also, but I went for the cheaper 1.

cheers!

Hi mister_molly,

Can u give mi your contact for the shower screen?

Thanks!