Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ylucy

Aircon System 3 Inverter

i just install my aircon from gain city. (DIY)

2 split units. MXY-2A with 1x GA10 and 1x GA13 for $1650.

no installation, self-installed. hehe

borrowed the tools from a friend that installs aircon for a living.

Edited by andywee

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just being KPO....for those who wants to know difference between inverter and non-inverter aircon:

Q: What is the difference between "inverter" and "non-inverter" types of air-conditioners?

A: "Non-inverter" types of air-conditioners regulate room temperatures by switching the compressor motors on and off. The electricity consumption by the compressor motors tend to be much higher during the start-up operations.

"Inverter" types of air-conditioners avoid such operations by regulating the speed of the compressor motors through the use of built-in microprocessors, thus leading to energy savings.

i almost bought from ALLBEST!

i was quoted by gc, $2739 for sys 3 inverter with free extended warranty-5yrs.

got to pay additional:

$180 to upgrade 3 rms pipping to armaflex

$85 for 2 times installation (1 time install piping, 2nd time install air con unit)

is this reasonable? they gave me an option to go for system 4 inverter at $3729 with free extended warranty-5yrs. PLUS to pay the additional item as above...

any advice if this is good deal?

Gain city having aircon promo.

Got panasonic system 3 inverter - for $2786

Pay $120 to upgrade insulation to half inch.

GC giving $250 NTUC/SHELL/CHOICE vouchers.

Panasonic giving $100 NTUC vouchers.

Total price with better insulation = $2906 - $350 = $2556

Quite a good price.

Panasonic is better because of the built in ionizer, have better quality air when you sleep, plus with kids is more worth it.

hi vijammy

is the panasonic the only brand that gives voucher?

does it comes with exended warranty?

seashell,

the 250$ voucher is for all system 3 aircon brands, 300$ for system 4 aircon.

Only panasonic is giving extra 100$ vouvher.

No extended warranty. If you want the warranty - worth 359$, do'nt take the 250$/300$ voucher, and they will replace the voucher with free extended warranty.

But i think if we take good care of our aircon, they are usually very lasting one.

In any case u still get the panasonic 100$ voucher.

if i am not wrong, panasonic do not have system 4 for the latest model? if u intend to buy from gaincity, go to the marina square branch, service is very good...

if i am not wrong, panasonic do not have system 4 for the latest model? if u intend to buy from gaincity, go to the marina square branch, service is very good...

Yes. panasonic do not have system 4 inverter. GC sengkang branch also quite good.

before i buy from gaincity, i went to allbest n courts. all told me gaincity giving extended warranty is a gimmick... they will force u to sign up a service contract costing $800+, if not, they will void the extended warranty.. i have since asked gain city, they told me it is up to me to take up the service contract anot... my extended warranty will not be void even if i dun take up the service contract..

just to take note on this if u going to buy from GC. also, check out their : (this is another company's version)

To supply and install the air-conditioners in surface mount with standard one roll of G23 copper pipe, 1/2” thick Class “O” thermaflex insulation for indoor unit and Class “1” black rubber insulation for outdoor unit, 16mm pvc pipe, pvc trunking and cable.

i am going to confirm with GC their standard package...

I went to GC at Marina Square yesterday and was informed by the sales person that my options for system four are Mitsubishi Electric, LG and Toshiba as my place it a HDB flat? This is because the window to the air-con ledge is not big enough for any other brand of compressor. Does anyone has any similar experience?

The salesman was quite pushy about promoting ME (I guess they will be given higher commission for selling it).

before i buy from gaincity, i went to allbest n courts. all told me gaincity giving extended warranty is a gimmick... they will force u to sign up a service contract costing $800+, if not, they will void the extended warranty.. i have since asked gain city, they told me it is up to me to take up the service contract anot... my extended warranty will not be void even if i dun take up the service contract..

just to take note on this if u going to buy from GC. also, check out their : (this is another company's version)

To supply and install the air-conditioners in surface mount with standard one roll of G23 copper pipe, 1/2” thick Class “O” thermaflex insulation for indoor unit and Class “1” black rubber insulation for outdoor unit, 16mm pvc pipe, pvc trunking and cable.

i am going to confirm with GC their standard package...

hi seashell

whts e diff between '1/2” thick Class “O” thermaflex insulation for indoor unit and Class “1” black rubber insulation for outdoor unit?"

"0" is better fire rating thus safer for indrs?

isint armaflex better inuslation than thermaflex?

cheers

fini

hi seashell

whts e diff between '1/2” thick Class “O” thermaflex insulation for indoor unit and Class “1” black rubber insulation for outdoor unit?"

"0" is better fire rating thus safer for indrs?

isint armaflex better inuslation than thermaflex?

cheers

fini

hi fini,

this one quite technical..i only know the GC i pay to upgrade the piping, so they told me is the best i m getting...haha...

maybe u can ask them? :)

Please avoid CreationAir as they are in the expo fair now.

Here is my experience, I was at the expo fair last month and was served by their salesman named "Gary"

I was looking for a system 2 inverter. Then Gary recommended the system 3 because the difference was not much from his point of view and showed the cost savings if we go on 3 units and between 2 units. My wife and myself wasnt keen at all but he kept going, we were patient and hearing his sales talk. He then went on to say if I go for system 3 he will upgrade us to new pipes and thicker insulation. Still we were thinking that the cost is high.

Then he finally asked "Why you still dont want? The price is good... Pipe is thick..." So on and so forth. We then told him that your price is even higher than "All best Aircon" which was the other company that was at the fair. So he paused.

Then my wife finally said because we would like to keep that budget for the purchases of fan. Then he said "Oh better still! We sell fans also and price is good because we take them in bulk" But our reply was however we will still need to spend on buying the fans. Then his last resort was "Ok i give you vouchers and so you can buy from my company when you are ready, the vouchers have 3 years validity."

For a moment we paused we began to ask him and say how much vouchers can he give as the market price of a ceiling fan now is about $250 and we needed 2 units. He swiftly answered "Ok no problem, i give you $500 vouchers."

The deal was good becuase at least our fans are covered with no extra cost. Thus we went ahead

However, today we went down to the store and looked at the fans. We began to choose the designs and decided on it.

They were happily serving us till the moment i said we are paying with vouchers. Their expression changed and said with vouchers, you can only use $50 per fan cannot use all $500.

We were angry and felt cheated, they said is their policy and cannot change. We called Gary and asked him and he said that it was mentioned during our conversation. We asked him if we can speak to his boss since he cannot solve our problem. Immediately he said that is boss is outstationed. We then requested to meet him personally even by going to where he is. But he gave us all kinds of excuses to refrain talking to us face to face. This got us even more angry because it was really an irresponsible act from him. He wanted to have a quick closure with us during the road show and everything is Yes, Yes, Yes... He still has the cheek to say that these are discount vouchers. What discount? $50 discount?

The funny part is that he doesnt know that we were in his shop when we called him.

We then ask the person in the store who is the boss of Gary? Is he around and they said yes he is around and the person said is Zen Tan. Once again he really lied through his teeth. When he heard that we were asking the question he commented that he was only a representative for the aircon and cannot sell the fan directly. We asked him in return... Which company you representing? "Creation Air am I right?" He kept quiet again. I told my wife no point talking to him. We then requested for Zen number at the shop but they said they are not allowed to disclosed any number. We then tried to ask them to call Zen and they tried. After 1 min they said that he has not come into the office yet and dont know when he will be in. So we left and hoping that he will call us back. But in our hearts we knew that they were just trying to brush us off, so we left

But till now, he hasnt even called us yet.

Whatsmore, we went to another shop and we saw the same fan we wanted to buy and it was $79 cheaper than what they were selling. 30% more!! It was the exact same model. I told my wife forget about creationair and move on.

I hope my experience will warn people who they are dealing with when buying from creationair. Totally unethical business attitude!

Edited by shamgar

Had a very bad experience with All Best...

We have been looking for a non-inverter system 4 air- con. Many vendors mentioned that only Daikin have a non-inverter system 4. However, we came across this salesman from All Best claiming that they have a Mitsubishi air con which fits our requirement perfectly. He even told us to show him our floor plan then gave us his assurance that the dimension of the aircon compressor fits our requirement. He said that the air con can definitely can fit and we can count on him with no worries.

However on the installation day, the person who came to install the air-con actually said that the size of the compressor was too big. He told us that we have to change to another air-con package from their company. We were very angry and called the company. The person who attended to our call was so incredibly rude that you couldn't even believe it. She told us not to be unreasonable and insisted that it was not the company's fault at all. A salesman actually represent the company. Now, their salesman actually lies to clinch a deal. Yet they insisted that it was only our own fault. The next minute, the lady hung up our phone.

We were very angry so we called again. This time, somebody by the name Jimmy, answered the phone. He claimed to be a staff of the company, but when we checked with the person who came to install the air-con later on, they told us that Jimmy was actually the boss. If he couldn't even tell the truth as to who he really was, we really doubt his integrity and the credibility of his company. This person Jimmy, was even worse. He even told us that we have nothing to lose by choosing another air-con package. He even said "So what you are customer." No wonder his staff had the same bad attitude as him.

We have no choice but to choose another package despite their bad attitude. Our renovation work was already behind the schedule and we have to get it done fast before handing over our old flat.

That was the worst decision of our life. The installation was a complete nightmare. The person who installed the air-con would tell you that the piping could only be done in one way and there was no other alternative route. The entire living room and bedroom were filled with pipes and their casing. When my contractor saw what they had done, he said that the installer was simply too lazy to run the pipes properly. They only want the easy way out. My whole house was in a complete disaster and mess.

Now I have to spend extra money to ask another air-con vendor to re-run the air-con piping for us, plaster the walls and my renovation work have to be delayed further to pick up the mess they had done to my house.

Note: If you have never had any bad experience in your entire life, and you would like to have a taste of it... Try All Best!!!

and we really wish you...all the best