Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icer

Private Property Sales Fell By 70% In Oct 2008!

http://smartpropertybuyer.blogspot.com/200...fell-70-in.html

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/fee...ad.php?id=65348

SINGAPORE'S OCTOBER NEW HOME SALES DIVE 70% ON-MONTH; EXPORTS SLUMPED

SINGAPORE, Nov 17 (NNN-CNA) -- New home sales in Singapore dived 70 per cent in October compared to September as home buying sentiment continued to sour.

According to Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA) data, developers sold 112 new and uncompleted private residential homes last month, versus the 380 units sold in September.

They launched just 159 units for sale, compared to nearly 767 in September.

The most expensive unit sold was at the Orchard Scotts development at Anthony Road, which went for S$2,407 per square foot.

:notti:

Edited by icer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi, any idea if anyone manage to buy a private property without satisfying the 5-yr MOP?

Wah, applefreak, you want to buy private property ah? I thought you only want to downgrade? :P

From what I know, after you have bought a HDB flat, you can go ahead to buy any private property, HDB won't stop you leh.

But you got to keep that flat for 5 yrs before selling it away, not sure if you can rent it out while waiting for the 5 yrs :unsure:

Now must start looking and earmark your fav condos liao. Tell the agent if go down until $xxx price then call you. Cannot wait until market really down then search, by that time already too late, all the good units would be taken.

Wah, applefreak, you want to buy private property ah? I thought you only want to downgrade? :P

From what I know, after you have bought a HDB flat, you can go ahead to buy any private property, HDB won't stop you leh.

But you got to keep that flat for 5 yrs before selling it away, not sure if you can rent it out while waiting for the 5 yrs :unsure:

hehehe just doing some retirement planning

if the market is soft enough will enter to look for investment property

i checked the hdb website and it's stated that there is a 5yr MOP for people who got their flat directly from HDB

i just got my keys last mar so still got long way to go :~ :~ :~

even after the MOP, must stay in hdb and rent out the private property :(

Yes, you can buy private properties but must stay in HDB.

hehehe just doing some retirement planning

if the market is soft enough will enter to look for investment property

i checked the hdb website and it's stated that there is a 5yr MOP for people who got their flat directly from HDB

i just got my keys last mar so still got long way to go :~ :~ :~

even after the MOP, must stay in hdb and rent out the private property :(