Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ylucy

Is It Ok To Remove And Reuse The Toilet Bowl?

My contractor made mistake and mixed up the common & master toilet's toilet bowl.

he say he will take out and twist back the toilet bowl.

Is there any side effect for doing this?

A feeling that he didn't look after the site... And when worker ask him which one to put into which toilet, he took it for granted and give wrong instruction...

What can we do now?! :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

U measure the distance between wall n the bowl's outlet(the entrance where ur 'products' lands)...

See the 2 bowls got any difference in dimension anot... Only scare they anyhow install the bowls w/o using "offset" if needed (bcs of poor supervising of site, workers might have hard feelings towards supervisor, then they anyhow do...)

Water spooling might occur, below ur unit, due to improper installation of toilet bowl... Then u get nightmares...

If u dun understand, can PM me for my contacts, over the phone, i'll try explain to u better...

Edited by de_Pierre

U measure the distance between wall n the bowl's outlet(the entrance where ur 'products' lands)...

See the 2 bowls got any difference in dimension anot... Only scare they anyhow install the bowls w/o using "offset" if needed (bcs of poor supervising of site, workers might have hard feelings towards supervisor, then they anyhow do...)

Water spooling might occur, below ur unit, due to improper installation of toilet bowl... Then u get nightmares...

If u dun understand, can PM me for my contacts, over the phone, i'll try explain to u better...

Mine master toilet 5inch, Common toilet 6.5 inch.

Don't know whether they use the correct set of pan polar for the toilet bowl.

Should I insist they use new pan polar to the toilet bowl? I think they use silicon seal the pan polar (the white one, not sure whether spelled correctly). Is it what you mean by offset?

Edited by ylucy

Ya, i think the plumbers r professional enough to do the right things...

Rest the matter ba...

Just keep closer view of ur hse b4 anything goes wrong again...

Gd luck ar...

Ya, i think the plumbers r professional enough to do the right things...

Rest the matter ba...

Just keep closer view of ur hse b4 anything goes wrong again...

Gd luck ar...

Thanks... ^^ The plumber has come and swtiched the two toilet bowl.. Plumber say it's newly installed, very easy to remove...

I have read an article regarding installing toilet bowl... It says "bad odor if inserted pan collar is not sealed with silicone"

I don't understand where is where... So I asked my plumber to apply some silicone on the black part of the pan colar... Not sure whether right or not... Any idea whether the black color part is the part that underneeth the toilet bowl? Should I apply on the black color part or the white rim part of the pan colar?

Any idea?

http://renovation-greencoal.blogspot.com/2...13_archive.html

Plumber came yesterday to switch the toilet...

Hubby was around and he told me it looks quite easy... He just knock a few points at the base of the toilet bowl, then take the toilet bowl out from the pan colar...

Looks won't have side effect... Let's cross my fingers...

Thanks for the good work, my uncle plumber ... :dancingqueen: