Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alan26

Simple & Nice Home

Maybe you can take a photo & post here for us to see.

no photo, lazy to take. But i went to S&C at AMK to look see look see yesterday, and i got a shock when they quoted me the wardrobe price! i straight away went to cfm on it. it looks nice and the prices are reasonable.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
guys, i got a major problem! my old wardrobe which bought 1 year ago from Silver River has COLLASPED! Help. the sceanario: i was trying to take out some clothes and since its a sliding door, i pushed to left side. no movement. then i pushed it to right side. after that nothing Moved. i pushed again, the whole thread cum roller came out and the whole door came out too! OMG :furious::furious::furious:

Anybody got any good carpenter to recommend or not? Becos i dun have a lot of budget to custom make one

Wah, lidat quite scary leh.. thats y i dun really like sliding doors... it might just derail someday and the whole piece might fall on me.. :jawdrop:

no photo, lazy to take. But i went to S&C at AMK to look see look see yesterday, and i got a shock when they quoted me the wardrobe price! i straight away went to cfm on it. it looks nice and the prices are reasonable.

YAY another S&C buyer. :):dancingqueen:

YAY another S&C buyer. :):dancingqueen:

yeah, but my experience with the male guy Melvin was like -----. becos the moment i stepped into the shop, he was toking so loudly i can hear him when walking near. he talks and acts like an ah beng i thought if i never buy anything from him, i would kena beaten! haha, but after a while, i realise he's not harmless. i'm so excited! my wardrobe is coming this Sat! yeahhh. but on the bad side, my old wardrobe they r telling me they cannot dispose for me :dunno: they asked me to call Town Council leh. i called Town Council, they say i must tear down the wardrobe myself before they can throw 4 me! :furious: How can i tear down myself i am wondering! the gal oso told me hor, if there's any scratches caused by the workers when moving, they won't compensate 4 my poor laminated flooring

yeah, but my experience with the male guy Melvin was like -----. becos the moment i stepped into the shop, he was toking so loudly i can hear him when walking near. he talks and acts like an ah beng i thought if i never buy anything from him, i would kena beaten! haha, but after a while, i realise he's not harmless. i'm so excited! my wardrobe is coming this Sat! yeahhh. but on the bad side, my old wardrobe they r telling me they cannot dispose for me :dunno: they asked me to call Town Council leh. i called Town Council, they say i must tear down the wardrobe myself before they can throw 4 me! :furious: How can i tear down myself i am wondering! the gal oso told me hor, if there's any scratches caused by the workers when moving, they won't compensate 4 my poor laminated flooring

Huh? How to tear it down urself? Faint...........................

Maybe when Melvin's delivery fellers go, can give them some kopi money to help you dismantle?

Melvin i think quite nice to customers, I brought a catalog with some dining chairs to let him see if he have. He say don't have, but he going China in mid March so will go find for me.... :D But then, at the same time, got some delivery issues, see how he scold the delivery people also scared.

Melvin: Oi, customer say you haven't delivered the goods.

Delivery Man: Deliver already, morning go already.

Melvin: Really, deliver to who?

Delivery Man: This woman lor.

Melvin calls customer.

Melvin: My delivery man say send the goods to you this morning already. A lady receive it.

Customer: Eh, I am not married, there is no woman in my house.

Melvin: Oh, ok.

Melvin calls delivery man.

Melvin: Oi, you say deliver already, delivery to who ah.

Delivery Man: Told you already, to a lady lor.

Melvin: You go which floor and which door, customer say his house no woman.

Delivery Man: But I deliver already leh.

Melvin: Where are you now?

Delivery Man: Bukit Batok

Melvin: Finish delivery already?

Delivery Man: Finish.

Melvin: You go over NOW to the place. Go find the woman you deliver the goods to. Then take back from her. Then deliver to the right place.

Maybe when Melvin's delivery fellers go, can give them some kopi money to help you dismantle?

Melvin i think quite nice to customers, I brought a catalog with some dining chairs to let him see if he have. He say don't have, but he going China in mid March so will go find for me.... :D But then, at the same time, got some delivery issues, see how he scold the delivery people also scared.

Melvin: Oi, customer say you haven't delivered the goods.

Delivery Man: Deliver already, morning go already.

Melvin: Really, deliver to who?

Delivery Man: This woman lor.

Melvin calls customer.

Melvin: My delivery man say send the goods to you this morning already. A lady receive it.

Customer: Eh, I am not married, there is no woman in my house.

Melvin: Oh, ok.

Melvin calls delivery man.

Melvin: Oi, you say deliver already, delivery to who ah.

Delivery Man: Told you already, to a lady lor.

Melvin: You go which floor and which door, customer say his house no woman.

Delivery Man: But I deliver already leh.

Melvin: Where are you now?

Delivery Man: Bukit Batok

Melvin: Finish delivery already?

Delivery Man: Finish.

Melvin: You go over NOW to the place. Go find the woman you deliver the goods to. Then take back from her. Then deliver to the right place.

wahahaha, your description of Melvin is so interesting. how much u bought the chairs? any pics to show, can share? But the bad news is, my wardrobe coming on this sat. but the town council pple coming on thurs, how leh? iam now having a headache now leh

Huh pinklady I think I will also ask the Melvin's men to help dismantle.. they are quite nice and they also helped me with a few things when they delivered.. you try to change the Town Council's date? You tell them no one will be home cos you're not free la :)

try asking those ah neh to help u dismantle? I have a wardrobe left behind by the seller as well, too big to go thru the door and he actually arrange for those sweeper ah neh to come n dismantle n throw. But they came up w/o any tools and we had none for them too, so in the end my contractor throw for us. I think u give the ah neh $10 they will be more than willing to help u with a simple disposal. They can even sell the cupboard to garang guni man!

wahahaha, your description of Melvin is so interesting. how much u bought the chairs? any pics to show, can share? But the bad news is, my wardrobe coming on this sat. but the town council pple coming on thurs, how leh? iam now having a headache now leh

Oh, havent bought the chairs... saw some nice ones from XZQT but dont want to pay $200 for one dining chair.. so see Melvin got lobang or not.... he going China on mar 16 so will get back to me after that.

try asking those ah neh to help u dismantle? I have a wardrobe left behind by the seller as well, too big to go thru the door and he actually arrange for those sweeper ah neh to come n dismantle n throw. But they came up w/o any tools and we had none for them too, so in the end my contractor throw for us. I think u give the ah neh $10 they will be more than willing to help u with a simple disposal. They can even sell the cupboard to garang guni man!

erm... word of caution about ah neh, usually they quite rough one... and they will not be able to compensate if they scratch anything.

Hi Alan,

May I know what colour name is your Pergo flooring?

i am also considering Pergo, the lowest range Malaysia-made ones. Would you recommend this flooring now that you have used your floor for some time eg no kok-kok sound and easy to clean?

Thanks!

Edited by simei_mum

Hi Alan,

May I know what colour name is your Pergo flooring?

i am also considering Pergo, the lowest range Malaysia-made ones. Would you recommend this flooring now that you have used your floor for some time eg no kok-kok sound and easy to clean?

Thanks!

hi simei_mum,

The Pergo flooring that i choose is under PERGO FAMILY range. Color is Beech Plank (PF4628).

So far i haven't got any problem maintaining the flooring, just simple mopping will do the job.

But there is Kok kok sound when my dog is running around the house.

Of course i would recommend this flooring. It not easy to get Pergo flooring at the same price as supreme/power dekor flooring. Not regretting choosing it.

some more 15 years warranty by PERGO. But the range of color is limited compare to supreme.

hi pinklady and alan,

love your house......very well matched colors in the kitchen like everybody else said.

and the flooring is just looking perfect, not so dark colored so it looks very nice!

hi pinklady and alan,

love your house......very well matched colors in the kitchen like everybody else said.

and the flooring is just looking perfect, not so dark colored so it looks very nice!

thanks xherion! certainely appreciate that. yeah, this colour theme is what my ID has suggested. but the floor tiles, we choose until xiao and certainley got a big headache, that time when we did our reno. how's ur reno coming along? :D

well mine will only TOP in june/july, so still few months away :( cant wait

hopefully my flooring will be as good as yours....

but at least i dont have to find furnitures anymore since we're reusing all we had from current home.

love your red digo clock, may i know where and how much you bought it?