Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
asianms

Home At Toa Payoh

hi hi. I've been reading all the blogs in here for a few months already, and finally got up the courage to be a member. I just got my place at Toa Payoh, third-hand, but not moving in yet, cos previous owner asked to extend their stay to reno their new place.

238tpoj5.th.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yup. I house-hunted between Bishan & Toa Payoh for 3 months before settling for this apartment. Made an offer on the same day that I saw it. House is more than 20 years old, second owner has maintained it very well, so not planning to do anymore than change some light fittings and go over the house with a coat of paint.

At least that's my current plan. Been looking at all the fab reno ideas posted here, and it's been very hard to resist the thought of doing a major overhaul :dribble:

Welcome to the big family!!! :sport-smiley-003:

Wah, what a long dinning hall !!! Maybe can consider to convert one part to a study room.

hello all. thanks for the warm welcome :)

Previous owner had already converted the small room along common corridor into study room w glass & wood panelled doors, so I'm leaving it as it it. Long hall is great cos I can have very distinct dining and living area.

Kitchen

kitchensmmf2.th.jpg I want to replace the pendant light. I love this one, but it doesn't go with the look. kitchendininglitedx6.th.jpg This one goes better, but looks so old-fashion! dscf0765ey6.th.jpg

I don't have many pictures of the the place. The last time I went, jus b4 the 2nd appt, I only took pictures of lights that I need to change.

Living room lights before

livingroomlightsb4em9.th.jpg Change to livinglitefn7.th.jpg

Hehe, mi spam chop too! Congrates on ur new place!

Yeah, looks very big. And ur MBR also big. :good: Yah, it's very hard to resist temptation and do only the necessary. My hb and I are trying to resist well. :P

yup. I house-hunted between Bishan & Toa Payoh for 3 months before settling for this apartment. Made an offer on the same day that I saw it. House is more than 20 years old, second owner has maintained it very well, so not planning to do anymore than change some light fittings and go over the house with a coat of paint.

At least that's my current plan. Been looking at all the fab reno ideas posted here, and it's been very hard to resist the thought of doing a major overhaul :dribble:

Hehe, we also looking around Toa Payoh & Bishan areas from January 08. At the end we bought a 4S unit @ Bishan. No choice, we love heartland but bigger units at these areas are very very ex. :(

One thing about houses @ these area, most of the them are very old... If well maintained, the owner will demand very high COV. :(

By the way, your unit seems very nice eh... congrate!!! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by lakaik

Yap! agree... house in good condition still... I wonder how much is the valuation and the COV?

hv PM-d u.. it's not a secret, but I guess no need to let pple know if they don't want/need to know

Congrats to your home. I agree with you it good to renovate within one means during this bad times =) I also intend to do minimal reno for my new flat. Is your contractor good? Me still looking around.