Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jasoncassanova

Glass Around Gas Range Countertop

i'm planning to place glass behind and on both sides of my cooking area, which means it would be around the countertop gas range to keep the moist, heat and spills within that area only. what kind of glass should i use and how thick should it be for it be safe near heat and fire?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Stainless steel will not break, can withstand heat better, easier to maintain etc lor....

Glass is brittle w/ glossy surface, whereas stainless steel is hard w/ matt(got chrome 1s also)

The choice is urs.. ^^

Stainless steel will not break, can withstand heat better, easier to maintain etc lor....

Glass is brittle w/ glossy surface, whereas stainless steel is hard w/ matt(got chrome 1s also)

The choice is urs.. ^^

does iridium stainless steel play a big part in the stainless steel world?

I m using tempered glass as backsplash and it is very thick glass which can withstand heat and does not crack.

There are many forummers using tempered glass as backsplash. Easier to clean and the glossy look adds very classy touch to the overall look.

i'm planning to place glass behind and on both sides of my cooking area, which means it would be around the countertop gas range to keep the moist, heat and spills within that area only. what kind of glass should i use and how thick should it be for it be safe near heat and fire?

for yr purposes you could use a glass-tempered stovetop with 2 or more burners mounted onto the glass top, and for the splashback you could use tempered glass.

:yamseng: