Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

curtains very hard to share quote leh...

1) full length curtains or cute half length one like Angel's

2) Day and Night or Day only

3) Roman/Roller/Curtains

4) Different materials

5) How many windows you have.

I think 4 room around 1-1.5k, 5 room 1.5k - 2k and you have a very decent selection. Can bring your floor plan and look for Lucas at Jimmy Textiles... he very efficient and can give you quote in 5 mins.

mrs piglet- still trying to think of ways to prevent workers from using the toilet bowl since mine are installed already... especially big business. I am holding off installing the PD doors until most of the work is completed.... I think i will be very uncomfortable doing big business with people are passing by... hope it works!

Not installing door sounds like an idea! I'm even thinking of taping the toilet bowl in the MBR to stop workers from using it.. I will only open up the common toilet for them.. So it's not that bad right.. ;)

Edited by booy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Not installing door sounds like an idea! I'm even thinking of taping the toilet bowl in the MBR to stop workers from using it.. I will only open up the common toilet for them.. So it's not that bad right.. ;)

no doors also no use. my toilet doors were installed last and still i see big and small business done in my MBR toilet!

So i taped up my basin and toilet bowl after asking my hubby to wash throughly with a big note ' PLS USE KITCHEN TOILET' in English, Chinese and Malay! i suspect my rainshower was also used lor!! so i taped my bathmixer too! again with a note 'DO NOT USE' in English, Chinese and Malay!! Tat very day when my kitchen basin and tape was installed, the electrician Uncle actually coughed and spit into the basin lor, i stare at him and he jus say, someone will wash one lah! i was so angry tat i used plastic to wrap up the whole basin, tap and hob! I make sure no one will do tat again!! Simply cannot stand these workers lor. Got common toilet to use dun wan, purpously have to use our MBR toilet and kitchen to upset us. :furious:

mrspiglet

poor girl!! Lucky gongkia was able to see to the deliveries. But seems like most of the items brought had some problem or another... is S&C going to replace?? They should! I'm so surprise they are like that! My dad was so fussy with their things but they put up with my dad's fussiness. haiz... what is the world coming to.

mrspiglet, i would have flared up if i am in ur shoes too! Bad time management on their side!!!

anyways, i also do not like them to anyhow use my wc leh...can i indicate to uncle that they can ONLY do it in the level 1 common toilet?

Can i comment on the discussion

1) Roman curtians - previously was using one. The backing with foam type that prevent all sun rays into the room once they are down. My personal experience was if you are the type that seldom opens the window ... roman blinds are the way to go. They can seriously keep the room dark & cosy. However, if you like to keep the windows open and the blind down. It can get pretty frustrating that the blind goes see-saw .. Secondly, looking at the angle of maintence. That can be a molehill. Muz remove the strips holding each segment then the lines. Usually muz sent to laundry if you have choosen the foam backing type. The worse part is to assemble it back again ... no offense ....juz my 2 cts worth

2) I guessed we can put up signage to discourage them from using certain WC. But some how or another ... u should know where i m going too. My personal experience, i pop by one day after work .... saw that the aircon was swtiched on in one of the rooms. Afterthat, i pulled out all air-con switches from the power outlet and using newspaper to tape up the air-con vents. I guessed the best solution is to remind them not to do it again :P

xherion: wasnt really a hectic day, but a very frustrating one. I hate it when pple dun come on the agreed timing.

Will post my pics soon! once i get hold of my camera... :P

booy: i think its fair enough to have them use the common toilet. It probably makes no diff to them using which toilet, but it makes a whole lot of diff to us right? :) but must rembr to double n triple tape the WC, n write on the masking tape DO NOT USE. Else they will still open up n use it.

Ah!! ashes02, u had the same problem too?? Can understand, super frustrating right? Argh. These workers...! :furious:

I've to scrub and bleach n disinfect the whole toilet bowl b4 i dare to sit on it.

pinkpetter: thkfully he was able to go down lor! Initially May (S&C lady boss) didnt felt the need to chge the table n tried to convince me that minor scratches r inevitable, n only will decide on chging or not after her workers come up n assess. But i insisted on chging, since i'm a paying customer, why would i wanna live with a coffee table with such a long scratch line? Nv delivered the leather cleaner also, which she say not inclusive.. but my invoice clearly written there is. To be fair, they tried to come yday aftn but we were not free. I hope they will chge the table for me.. :(

familyof4: very bad time mgmt right? u cant expect pple to be waiting from the 1st min of the day for u one mah. Then wats the apptment for? Argh.

i think ur WC thingy tell uncle also no use, cos too many grps of worker coming in n out, uncle will nvr be able to rembr to tell them anyway. I think u try to find out from uncle at later stage exactly which day the plumbing installing the WC, then tape many many rounds of masking tape. I regretted only taping once, can be easily opened so they just happily use it. Even i tape the flushing buttons also no use. :(

Rune

Thks for the Roman curtains feedback! I was also contemplating with Roman blinds for MBR, but read somewhere the maintenance is a pain. Going ahead with day+night curtains instead. Roman blinds the mechanism spoils easily too?

Wah, turn on aircon?? They really know how to enjoy life. I dun even wanna turn on my aircon unless super necessary, i'm more concern abt my electricity bills! I told my aircon vendor to wrap back the fancoil so no one can use it without pulling the wrapper down. Kept all my controllers at my current house too.

Come to think of it, my last mth's utility bill was $60+! Dunno how they use the water one... *faint*

Edited by mrspiglet

exactly! they dun even bother to flush lor. i kept my air con remote also, dun even think of using it!! sometimes they even left the tap open like tat....now i am worried abt my bill....

i cant wait for handover man!

The appt time is always just a guage, they never keep to it one.. The delivery guys will usually consolidate the deliveries at one area and send them to the customers..

Hope you can get the coffee table replaced.. complain complain and complain..

exactly! they dun even bother to flush lor. i kept my air con remote also, dun even think of using it!! sometimes they even left the tap open like tat....now i am worried abt my bill....

i cant wait for handover man!

Mine too! The hacking damaged some of the pipes n it drips the whole day. Some workers will be clever enough to turn of the mains, some just let it drip thru'out the night. I dun even wanna think abt the flushing part.. sigh.

Thkfully i dun have to see them anymore. *fingers crossed* yday jason came up n finish off the remaining rectifications.

Hope ur woes will be over soon too!

The appt time is always just a guage, they never keep to it one.. The delivery guys will usually consolidate the deliveries at one area and send them to the customers..

Hope you can get the coffee table replaced.. complain complain and complain..

isn't it just frustrating? I dun see why some companies can stick by their delivery time frame but some just simply dun care. Argh.

Ya, the coffee table i'll demand for an exchge.. by hook or crook!

mrspiglet

I think you talk to Melvin better. He seems more customer-oriented one.

My TV console was slightly sinking in the centre (by 2mm according to my dad) and he made them change it too.. after much negotiation of course since it was so slight. So I'm sure if you walk to Melvin, it's possible. :)

YAY Jason finished your rectifications!! Good for you!!

Edited by pinkpetter

Today's weather is soooooo hot! No energy to pack my stuff for shifting next wkend, jialat. Just managed to gather my strength to upload the photos taken on Fri. House's a little messy.. pardon me for that. :P

DSCF1550.jpg

The 2-door fridge that came with only 1 door handle. Notice missing handle on top door?

DSCF1540.jpg

The lounge chair from Barang Barang. :sport-smiley-018:

DSCF1539.jpg

Samsung TV... I was quite shocked by the size n wondering if we have bought a TV that's too big. It didnt look that huge at showrooms. :unsure:

DSCF1541.jpg

Scratched coffee table with sofa.

DSCF1547.jpg

Suede bedframe with the FOC pillows n mattress protector.

mmm the sofa and coffee table is quite nice!! I hope the table gets changed though

AIYOH the fridge with no handle is SOOOoOo obvious and they still dare to bring?!

mrspiglet... i tell you leh, these few days it's been so hot, we're all thinking of installing air-cons in the rooms! DIE LA....

wah i saw that lounge chair at barang2, nice......

tv looks ok mrspiglet...but if it's still too big, you can exchange with my 37" hehe

Finalised on my curtains on Fri too.

DSCF1529.jpg

Full length day and night curtains for MBR

DSCF1531.jpg

Blackout roller blinds for wardrobe room. Silvery blinks.. :rolleyes:

DSCF1532.jpg

Roller blinds for study room too..

No curtains for living room since its quite dark by noon and already had the privacy film on windows. Saw my neighbour had curtains but everyday drawn open, so we reckon it wasnt necessary.. less cleaning and save money too.

Made some blunder in my design of wardrobe room n it affected my blinds track drilling. Didnt leave enough allowance between window and false wall for wardrobe so they will have to drill hole in the middle of the track instead. Same sad case as lawry, but our friend's bro-in-law (doing our curtains) assure me that it will not look ugly or weird.

All in all was $800 for the curtains + double sided string curtains to partition our rooms from living room n guest room. I think was becos the material we choose were all designer material... hence the price.

mrspiglet

I think you talk to Melvin better. He seems more customer-oriented one.

My TV console was slightly sinking in the centre (by 2mm according to my dad) and he made them change it too.. after much negotiation of course since it was so slight. So I'm sure if you walk to Melvin, it's possible. :)

YAY Jason finished your rectifications!! Good for you!!

I cant rembr if they say they were coming down tmr lunch time to check the scratch or to chge the table totally. But May told me "if u really insist to chge i must order leh. mid may then will come in".. not sure whether issit to put me off or wat. But no way, i told her even if i have to wait, i'll still insist on chging. I also wished we had deal with Melvin back then, gongkia said he went down b4 himself and spoken to Melvin, more room for negotiation and friendlier.

Yes!! Jason flew my aeroplane on Fri (that made my day even sadder) and was 1hr late yday when i told him specifically he cannot be late cos i have to go for my CATS musical. But see him limping again, ok lah.. forgiven. Gave me a bottle of 3M s/s cleaner somemore.. :good:

mmm the sofa and coffee table is quite nice!! I hope the table gets changed though

AIYOH the fridge with no handle is SOOOoOo obvious and they still dare to bring?!

mrspiglet... i tell you leh, these few days it's been so hot, we're all thinking of installing air-cons in the rooms! DIE LA....

We are quite happy with the sofa n coffee table selection if not for the scratch line too. But ok, since they are doing something abt it, i'll withhold any bad comments for the moment. Hahah! Now still pending a carpet for the coffee table, cos its too heavy to carry n i scare it'll scratch my floor.

Fridge delivery man happily push the blame to the company. Cos the handles are placed inside the fridge n only fixed up upon delivery, so he grumbling "these pple pack things nvr check properly one!!" I was too tired to entertain him anymore.

Very very hot right?? i cannot do anything except to just nua in bed. No matter what i do, i just get very frustrated with the heat... so best thing is just to relax n watch tv. :) Aircon ur room!!

wah i saw that lounge chair at barang2, nice......

tv looks ok mrspiglet...but if it's still too big, you can exchange with my 37" hehe

Hahahhahahahah!!! I'm not falling for that. :P

I'm upgrading from a 14" CRT in my room now to a 40" LCD, of cos i'll feel the diff.

Edited by mrspiglet