Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piwi

Neighbor Problems...pls Advise

Hi All...sorry long story, but i'm really veryveryveyrvery pissedddd

:furious:

I've yet to move into my new place, but already having neighbor problems - seriously never encounter this kinda problem before - seriously never meet such a neighbor before and piwi is **** pissed offffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:furious:

I stay at the corridor end unit, my neighbor's windows line the corridor way towards my front door.

Previous owner of my flat left behind a row of flowerpots outside my new place, giving it to us. According to him, he say he actually dont like the plants but he put there to keep the neighbor from expanding her plant collection, so might as well leave it for us to use.

So we ok with it, take over ownership of the pots.

Since we're having reno now, we go back to see every few days to check on progress. Havent been able to water regularly, so the plants were starting to wilt.

one day we came back, we discovered our flowerpots empty! our new neighbor actually ripped all the plants out of the pots left the soil only. Wah lao eh. Never ask if we want or not, just rip out. Ok, so it's dying, but still?!?!?!? we thought, ok dont get pissed off yet, maybe it was our contractor suddenly decide to be handy? but the following day we observe the pots pushed towards their side of the corridor, but still mostly on our side of the corridor.

So ok i go knock the neighbors door and ask to speak to her. I asked her "the plants is my contractor move or you move one?"

and she say oh yah got nea come check mosquito ask them to clear (where will gov. officers ask neighbors do this kinda thing one?)

but nevermind, give her benefit of a doubt, besides the plants die already what, so what can i say? so in the end she say that "give back to you".

so ok, flowerpots established to belong to US.

so i thought it was the end of the issue, but this week i discovered 1 flowerpot suddenly missing. **** pissed off can. I kbkb outside the house then shrug it off go inside to look at the reno progress and cool-off. But when i came out of the house to find the neighbor, i realised she actually decided to close her front door and all her windows.

ARRGH!!! :furious::furious::furious:

i took all the empty flowerpots into my house undergoing reno, and then the this morning get my mum to deposit two flowerpots with live plants at my place, and place it on the line on the concrete floor to establish the boundary.

All the while her pots were on the other side of that line in the concrete. So now, i have two new pots with my unit number on it, with LIVE plants in it, just on the other side of the line in the concrete - this is not an imaginary line, it's really there :P

And guess what i discovered today ? MY POTS ALL SHIFTED INWARDS TOWARDS MY DOOR and her pot from the middle of her usual empire of plants, put at where my pots were. somemore my pots were tossed haphazardly.

she shift my pot and put her pots further down towards my DOOR. :jawdrop:

wah lao eh..this is really too much. i bth take her pot, carry and put in the middle of her front door (which is closed) and shifted my pots back.

please advise me something before i go visit her tomorrow morning and start shouting at her! Talk to her nicely still like that! I reach the point where I dont see the point of building a good neighborly relationship when the other party obviously doesnt care!

HOW!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your neighbour really very bad leh 8|

This one very troublesome... might spoil neighbourhood relationship... one way is to log a complaint with your town council... get them to talk to your neighbour... cos by right, she should only take over the farther side of the pillar... which is the wall in front of her bedroom, not the living room... the wall just outside your main door should be given priority to the corner unit... or else where to put your things?

Another suggestion is, buy a looong bench... just nice to fit into that space... that she cannot shift liao... put whatever things you like onto that bench :notti:

I am also staying in the corner unit... my neighbour's son likes to do planting too... but luckily they didn't expand their biz to my side...

Your neighbour really very bad leh 8|

This one very troublesome... might spoil neighbourhood relationship... one way is to log a complaint with your town council... get them to talk to your neighbour... cos by right, she should only take over the farther side of the pillar... which is the wall in front of her bedroom, not the living room... the wall just outside your main door should be given priority to the corner unit... or else where to put your things?

Another suggestion is, buy a looong bench... just nice to fit into that space... that she cannot shift liao... put whatever things you like onto that bench :notti:

I am also staying in the corner unit... my neighbour's son likes to do planting too... but luckily they didn't expand their biz to my side...

hahhahaha after seeing their pattern...i'm quite sure her next step will be to put all her plants ON the bench....upgrade expansion of her plant empire. :(

hubby just told me the husband of the neighbor oso quite attitude. day time during the reno when hubby was discussing with contractor outside the house, male neighbor just walk past them, ignore my hubby's attempts for friendly chat, and stick his head towards our open door and look inside. in hubby's description, he totally ignored my hubby when he tried to talk to him :S

how man...i havent even move in yet then kanna like that liao. we can become the next everitt road liao 8|

I think these type of neighbours think , They stay longer there so they have every right to do whatever they want. Old timer already lah . They don't give a S#@* about new neighbours.

When I went to view a corner unit , it was just as bad. The plants started from the door of the seller's place , right to the end of the corridor. Seller said some belong to him , but most are their neighbour.

If the potted plants arn't bad enuf , the neighbours even hang laundry. So it's 1 side plants & 1 side laundry !

Wahlan , how to walk ? :jawdrop:

I really liked that house , but with neghbour like that , I'll give it a miss ! Potiential problem ! :(

My neighbour hse 7th floor even worse, hang clothes all the way to the lift area. :furious::furious:

Very inconsiderate, and worst they drill hanger on the common ceiling to put their bamboo stick. :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

Final straw is to buy the recess area and shut her out. :P

wow so the next step in the retaliation is hang laundry?!?!? idea.... :bow:

i dunno lei this kinda ppl....

here i am worrying about being a good neighbor. worry about noise from our reno etc.

But then there are oso ppl who dont care - so cannot be good neighbor even if i try?

I really pity the malay neighbor directly opposite her - door always closed and now i see why. all their outdoor stuff squashed in one corner (family bicycle all stacked against one another) because all other corridor space is occupied by the plant-empire-neighbor.

Cannot buy recess area lei, recess area right outside my door, is right next to their bedroom window shutters.

we will attempt to approach anyone of the family today - that is if they dont go running to shut the doors and windows. so brave to steal things, dont dare to face us?

i dont know what i will see today but i have a few ideas:

1) she put my pots (only 2 only) in the middle of my front door and migrate her 15+ pots of plants closer to my door (i'm quite amazed she actually half shfted the entire row last night)

2) she kill my plants.

3) she never move it at all and actually realize she tried her luck and failed. -- unlikely?

after 1 night of brewing i find this half funny half angry. worst still got lift upgrading coming up and her empire will be affected so need to find new land to conquer! ;)

wish me luck :furious:

I think these type of neighbours think , They stay longer there so they have every right to do whatever they want. Old timer already lah . They don't give a S#@* about new neighbours.

When I went to view a corner unit , it was just as bad. The plants started from the door of the seller's place , right to the end of the corridor. Seller said some belong to him , but most are their neighbour.

If the potted plants arn't bad enuf , the neighbours even hang laundry. So it's 1 side plants & 1 side laundry !

Wahlan , how to walk ? :jawdrop:

I really liked that house , but with neghbour like that , I'll give it a miss ! Potiential problem ! :(

i've asked around. Chances are, town council wont do anything. They will forward to the mediation centre. talk talk talk and nothing will be done. zzzzzzzzz sian.

1 ) Just wait till you start your reno , there'll be loads of human traffic.

Plus going to be very dusty . And contractors don't can one.

2 ) Another way is to talk to them , tell them not to waste water on plants . SAVE $$$ :D

3 ) Call NEA , tell them got mosquito :notti:

4 )Or pour bleach on her plants bit by bit.... :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by clockwork

Aiyo Clockwork you're so funny :sport-smiley-004: kill her plants...lol...but don't get caught ah.

piwi, you're going to move in soon so I suggest make-peace-not-war. To these kind of old aunties (i assume she's old), the more you tell her off, the more she'll make your life ****. Trust me, my mother-in-law is one of them. Her neighbour once told her off about her potted plants but she just ignore and purposely buy more and stack near her doorsteps.

So i suggest you try to get into her good books. For instance, you can buy her plants and give to her as a welcome/hello gift and put it somewhere or in the middle of both your territories (as a divider). Then you can give her some oranges when nearing CNY. Finally, offer to water her plants whenever she's not around. Then it'll be easier to discuss with her your plans.

To these old folks, they are either deaf or they never listen but can still make alot of noise so it's best to get along with them.

BUT if everything fails, just go ahead and kill her plants :notti:

Aiyo Clockwork you're so funny :sport-smiley-004: kill her plants...lol...but don't get caught ah.

piwi, you're going to move in soon so I suggest make-peace-not-war. To these kind of old aunties (i assume she's old), the more you tell her off, the more she'll make your life ****. Trust me, my mother-in-law is one of them. Her neighbour once told her off about her potted plants but she just ignore and purposely buy more and stack near her doorsteps.

So i suggest you try to get into her good books. For instance, you can buy her plants and give to her as a welcome/hello gift and put it somewhere or in the middle of both your territories (as a divider). Then you can give her some oranges when nearing CNY. Finally, offer to water her plants whenever she's not around. Then it'll be easier to discuss with her your plans.

To these old folks, they are either deaf or they never listen but can still make alot of noise so it's best to get along with them.

BUT if everything fails, just go ahead and kill her plants :notti:

hahahhahaha wah seh thanks guys...getting creative liao! hahhahahaha!

went down to our new place today and ho ho ho ....plant pots all in place, no movement - yet.

knock on the door and the neighbor's daughter answered saying her mother in malaysia. (no wonder?)

I told her we were the ones that put the pot at her house because it belongs to them, so not our place to put it anywhere else, should be they decide themselves where they want to put it.

then she started about how come got ppl leave things at her door, cannot open her door etc say how can we expect her to be strong enough to move it etc.

she started to get abit heated, voice volume going up, so hubby take over and talk to her say that put there is so she definately wont miss it. the pot dont belong to us, but belong to them. if we put there, they confirm know the pot has been moved what. how we know where to put the pot? it's not our place to arrange the pot for them what. it was just in front of our door, we just return to them.

Anyway hubby was quite nice lah...he say he understand is maybe not them, not here to accuse anybody, for all you know its a prank and ppl come and move pots around.

I think yah lah...for all you know maybe not them, suddenly it's another pissed off neighbor trying to shift HER pots away from their side?

buttt

the daughter say is probably her mother moving the pots because of the lift upgrading and want to see if can shift the pots down and fit all her pots.

so i say, this is not right. first is, how can she shift all the pots that dont belong to her, shift them towards our door? she like that means she want to take our corridor space without asking already what. i told her, be understanding, we also need some corridor space what. I dont care how she stack her pots how many tier high, as long as give me space outside my door right?

then she say ya ya maybe mum must cut down on the pots.

sigh.think about it oso **** tired.

so lets see aunty come back from malaysia how....i hope the daughter can convey the msg across effectively....so sian not only must go back check on contractor, must oso go back and check on neighbor

eh... Well really hope that your problem has been resolved.. though it seems like the daughter is a bit defensive too but more understanding la.

place big and super heavy flower pots..super spaciously at corridor. Neighbour will try to shift the pots closer to one another to save more space so she can put her pot....with all the shifting...very tiring neh....hehe...

actually, it seems that u dun mind having plants outside your corridor and your neighbour also wan to have plants along the corridor. And if you are not free to do planting....might as well let her do ALL the plantings. As long as the area is clean, no mozzie and there are flowers...just treat her as a free gardener loh.

Edited by ahjane

Under the humid env in Sgp, it is hard to maintain a mozzie-free garden. Unless you check every corner every day, else can't be sure.

My neighbour has at least 5 pots of plants, & it is the home of some lizards & ants :(

Piwi,

Since you have already bought the unit. LL liao, got to bear with it. But if I were you, I would definitely go for the soft approach first. Bring some CNY goodies and ask them nicely about the plants issue. Tell them that you are VERY concerned about the neatness of the corridor (outside your unit). Seek their understanding. If they choose not to respect it, then got to think of other ways to deal with. This type of family is very common, act like Yaya Papaya, they are not afraid of ppl complaining to the authorities abt them (e.g. Town Council, NEA, HDB, Police) becos they know it's public corridor. You shd be quite thankful your neighbour is not a karang guni family, piling their "precious stuff" in front of your unit and create a fire hazard as a result. That would be even worst.

Edited by tower