Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
risis

Tutu's Home Sweet Home

Been surfing t-blog so often, thought i'll start one to note the whole journey of renovation too.

Milestone of our little hut

• Selecting of flat (erm...i forgot the date..)
  • Collecting our keys (1 July 08)
  • Opening of door ( 4 July 08)
  • Rectification works (lasted abt 3 wks)
  • Hunting for renovation ID/contractors ( 24 nov - ?)

Layout plan

myhouselayout.jpg

Photos

1) Odd shape living room

DSC00749.jpg

2)Ugly toilets (i hope they can go...)

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

The hunt for ID is tiring. Weekends are probably non existence. But, it was exciting and interesting, to visualise the little hut we have in future!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

First to spam chop !!! :sport-smiley-003: Congrats !!

ID hunting is v tiring but quite fun also.. Can learn alot of things..

Good luck with ur reno.. Hope to see more pics.. :dancingqueen:

We started visiting a couple of IDs.

1) Darwin (visited them mainly because they are so near my place)

• A very chatty & helpful id, but hes veryvery young..younger than us both!
  • He was able to propose some ideas, on spot. being our 1st start at talking to ID, it was quite informative
  • But, after we review the quote, we thought the price was a bit ex. we were quote 21k, for hacking 1 bedroom, 1 wiw, 1 kitchen, 1 feature wall, 1 tv console & the basics for a premium flat
  • Some of the things he said cant be done..i chance upon in other forumers blog....e.g tv console for my weird looking living room
2) GPlan (Mr K)
  • Like all other comments about him, he looks like david gan...hehe..he hates this remark,...
  • He was very creative. Able to propose much on spot..and spend 1 whole day with us, bring us to his finished work & drawing out layouts for us
  • His price was reasonable, though still ex for poor us. we were quote 23k for hacking all rooms, and resizing them, wiw, kitchen, overlay 1 toilet. We had some minor issues with his email.he repeatedly emailed, but we never received. But as he does follow up with calls, we do believe its the fault of the weird email system.
  • we probably will meet up with him again to discuss further. The house is still empty after 23k...sob..and theres much to add, e.g tv console, feature wall, shoe rack etc

3) Ho Bee

• Contacted via email, no response yet (abt 1 wk)

4) Henry, Impress 21

• We visited his shop, but he wasnt around. Thus we emailed him our plan and things we wanted to do
  • He said he'll get back to us in 1 wk time

5) Ideal House, Mr S

• Well, ideally, i wanted to look for Mr K, coz of the raves. But i didnt have his contact, so i emailed the company. Mr S called me instead, saying that Mr K is busy, and he can help me. Thus we fixed an appt
  • At the very same time, Bf managed to get hold of Mr k, who told him to email our floor plan to him . (he didnt know Mr S called me).
  • It wasnt nice to be in touch with two IDs...so we thought we will stick to Mr S. Thus we met up with him and discuss. He was a rather polite and patient guy.He listened to our comments and gave some good feedbacks. but he didnt propose much on spot, and said he'll do he layout and quote us in 1 wk time. Discussion was very short.
  • I sms him one wk later, but he said he was tight and will get back to us in another wk's time.
  • At the same time, Mr K called my bf again to remind my bf to send him the floorplan..Sigh..we thought mr k was bizer..Regrets.... :jawdrop: Bf told Mr k that Mr S has contacted us on his behalf already....heart pain...
  • still waiting for quote & layout from Mr S :dunno:

This week , we be visiting Miss J from inside living and Mr J from A&D. Shall update again

First to spam chop !!! :sport-smiley-003: Congrats !!

ID hunting is v tiring but quite fun also.. Can learn alot of things..

Good luck with ur reno.. Hope to see more pics.. :dancingqueen:

Hehe. thanks! i just visited ur blog too, and ur 3D are lovely! Congrats to ur dream home!

spam spam. :dancingqueen:

Haha you must be westerner, me easterner.

keke.yah! have been westerner all my life.hehe

spam chop :dancingqueen:

how come you took so long to start looking for ID?

for ho bee you got to either call mrs quek or patrick

best is get him to come down and take a look before giving you a quote :yamseng:

I thought Mr K and Mr S from different company? For me I dealt with I think numerous IDs together but all different company.We probably got 2 a day to go down see the house.but at different timings.

Some IDs just cant make it. Got one even lost floorplan. Lucky is photocopy 1, then paiseh got to ask me again. I couldn't be bothered to give him so he went down to hdb himself to buy. Even floor plan can lose, how do you think can trust him to do my house. Say my living room homo tiles, I told him marble but he insist. hey, its written in the valuation report and I show so many ID, all say its marble.

Another 1(chinese man) got personal asistant who is a filipino. So funny whenever she call to arange appt to view and see quotation, she always call me "Mum" and my hubby "Sir". Sounds weird. The chinese man everything also say can... laugh laugh... can can.

And many more that we see. Some come down to see house even after 3months also no quote.some arange to go down, call them on that day, she say coming coming, in the end didn't even turn up. What ID blues we had!

Ho Bee ah.. must call Patrick first then tell him you going to fax him. Then fax him the stuff. :P Then he will give you the quote within one or two days. Email very tough cos he rarely in the office to check...

it is norm, i email almost 20ppl and call up almost all of them. less than half reply. of the half reply, at least half of them just show mi their standard package(plus top up) which i'm not interest.

it is norm, i email almost 20ppl and call up almost all of them. less than half reply. of the half reply, at least half of them just show mi their standard package(plus top up) which i'm not interest.

yup! but talking to ID does give us interesting knowledge & ideas. at first when we talk to the 1st ID, we wanted to hack 1 room & 1 living room, then ater talking to 2nd, we wanted to hack all. Then after talking to a few more, now we realise we dont need to hack anything ! Its quite amazing. I guess its also good to talk to more

yup! but talking to ID does give us interesting knowledge & ideas. at first when we talk to the 1st ID, we wanted to hack 1 room & 1 living room, then ater talking to 2nd, we wanted to hack all. Then after talking to a few more, now we realise we dont need to hack anything ! Its quite amazing. I guess its also good to talk to more

*agrees* talking to them gives plenty of ideas. usually after a few you will have a good idea of what you really want and eventually you can design things yourself and maybe even toy with the idea of coordinating! :)