Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CareBear

Mirror House

Ahhh....

Finally decided to start our own blog after being involved in the forum for quite some time.

Ok, actually the resale house that we bought is a real move in condition but being quite "pantang" over some issues, so have to change somethings and also others to our liking.

Well, what do you say, a peranakan lady is a typical overly suspicious person.

Let me upload some pics and our reno process.

Dining Area(marble floor) with our favourite "6 packs". Wall mirror to take out so to hack wall. Just half a wall due to beam.

14128810_ce7ec8321228568745_m.jpg

Current tv console to be hacked will change position of tv to the other wall, puting sofa there and changing tv console to more modern and thinner ones.

14128833_c4e9afae1228568919_m.jpg

The divider that separates the living room & dining area(all marble floor) to be hacked to allow more wind to flow.

14128850_ae1748af1228569029_m.jpg

False ceiling in between living room to be hacked, wanna put ceiling fan so will change lights positions.

14128894_e54b21e81228569475_m.jpg

Happy viewing!

More picz

Balcony, beautiful area to leave it as it is.

14128911_5a9966841228569582_m.jpg

Views from Balcony (Parquet), very high from 26th floor.

14128937_a1b730b21228569695_m.jpg

14128951_af4894571228569758_m.jpg

Wall behind glassdoor to be hacked, to be replaced with fixed glass panel, make kitchen brighter.

14129001_43e197141228570243_m.jpg

Kitchen granite table top to change because stove faces the toilet. So top cabinet also have to hack, to swap the dish rack and hob. What a waste! (Floor homogeneous tiles)

14129016_ea79bf461228570369_m.jpg

Another view in the kitchen with the dish racks inside. Will hack all except bottom cabinets to rescue. Basin maybe change to double bowl to change coz we very heavy cooks, need to wash alot.

14129033_71eb43571228570553_m.jpg

Study room with built in cabinets (leave it as is) (Parquet floor)

14129069_d768d4621228571022_m.jpg

Prepare for Baby room/Guest room (leave it as is) (Parquet Floor)

14129084_bff827f11228571129_m.jpg

View of MBR (Parquet floor), hacking shelf

14129111_72147ec61228571339_m.jpg

View of MBR, hacking pink divider wall to make MBR look bigger. Behind is WIW.

14129132_be5fe5b91228571565_m.jpg

Inside is WIW (Hack)

14129145_49d05aaf1228571722_m.jpg

Pole system in WIW from Ikea. Will dismantle and keep for next time use.

14129154_4339585f1228571812_m.jpg

MBR toilet. Hacking the two side walls, change to fixed glass panel (tempered) with frosted strips at important areas. Changing bifold door to tempered glass sliding door.

14129163_8e37dbba1228571944_m.jpg

Vanity top to be changed, placing facing out like toiletbowl to smaller one since we hacking wall, vanity and mirror can't rescue too. Going to overlay tiles (wall-white glossy base, floor- creme rough homogeneous) coz dun like the HDB tiles.

14129210_b748acbd1228572373_m.jpg

Toilet bowl change(white), putting showerscreen(glass) with glass door

14129224_992679701228572567_m.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

heehee ... first one here to congratulate you :)

wah, your house very nice as it is, previous owner must have spent a bomb renovating. I feel very sayang to hack

agree that previous owner take good care of her house very well... Actually many ID see already, say it is already well done.

How much did u pay for the flat? It's so well done by the previous owner with the exception of the toilet tiles. Congrats on ur purchase. Looking forward to ur revamped pics. Cheers!

How much did u pay for the flat?

Valuation: $650K, COV: $8K. That's why choose to change the toilet tiles. but only the MBR, the kitchen still stay the same. No change.

Spam chop and congrates on ur new place! Very good condition. :) Looking forward to see the transformation.

Yapyap! There will be a transformation. Gona have shoe cabinet and also to conceal my bomb.

spam chop :dancingqueen:

great condition your place is in

seems like you really know what exactly you want :good:

Yeah, condition of house very very good. Yap, we know what we want. our living and dining gonna have full wall mirror that's why its the mirror house.... Both of us really fell in love with the house. Move in condition.

Congrats Carebear. Finally see your pic. Spam chop and camp here liao..haha

U really change almost the whole reno except the study and 2/3 bedrooms....really a waste to see those kitchen cabinets, wiw, false ceiling etc gone.

Your balcony view looks great but sad to tell you, it will be block by the new HDB flats coming up beside the condo in 2011. The new HDB flats is 40 storey high =(

Ye condition very good. I would just move in wor...

CONGRATS!

Ya but we believe in fengshui so that's why quite a fair bit of things got to change. Many ID also say wow, very good liao. You must be ery bz in the midst of reno.

Congrats Carebear. Finally see your pic. Spam chop and camp here liao..haha

U really change almost the whole reno except the study and 2/3 bedrooms....really a waste to see those kitchen cabinets, wiw, false ceiling etc gone.

Your balcony view looks great but sad to tell you, it will be block by the new HDB flats coming up beside the condo in 2011. The new HDB flats is 40 storey high =(

Ya almost change whole living, reason for false ceiling in hall to go down coz wana put ceiling fan. Kitchen really bobian stove face toilet door.. very pangtang, later always sick. in the end, whole top cabinet must change.hai..but just change kitchen table top can, dunid cabinets below.

WIW make MBR look small. We will still have bed in the middle of room but wardrobe at the wall from end to end behind bed with frosted glass lights facing up as headboard in the middle of room. Behind headboard will have drawers facing wardrobe and also under bed.so very good, alot of storage.

Ya lor, view blocked. Now block alittle of my Chinatown but still can see People's park. I think that's the name. The orange and green building but still can see CBD and Orchard area. Night view like Hong Kong. Lucky I high floor so not so bad but also blk me. I also wish I can HACK the buildings that blk my view. But wind very strong, my hubby say wana fly kite in house. Qua zhang right!

Edited by CareBear

Ya but we believe in fengshui so that's why quite a fair bit of things got to change. Many ID also say wow, very good liao. You must be ery bz in the midst of reno.

also good la. But as long as the basics like the flooring for the rest of the house no need to change then you will save quite a bit liao. :)

Super busy every day. Nvm soon for you too. :) Happy kind of busy I guess.

Hi everyone, just return from a short trip. just in time for today's beginning of reno.

also good la. But as long as the basics like the flooring for the rest of the house no need to change then you will save quite a bit liao. :)

Yap... managed to save on that... Lucky me.

nice place ! which block is yrs ? Bllk 118 A?

119C

Wow Kim Tian rd! My dreammmm location but you're so extremely lucky to get only $8k COV! :dribble::dribble:

we took a long long time to find it. was "lucky" that I had a skin allergy on my face that day. Outbreak of hundreds of pimple like thing on my face overnight,Got a rude shock as normally my face is somehow almost "flawless" haha.... so thickskin right.

Took up the classified that day at raffles hospital and just decided to call up. Lucky us.