Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jason012

Any Good Plumber To Recommend ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I would like to recomment David Chi, he's HDB accredited and very nice and reasonable guy. You can call him directly 9858-4901. Highly recommended. Guaranteed he will not chop you.

Hey everyone, I was looking for a plumber to fix some minor problems with my house. Went through various forums to search for reliable plumbers and in the end found this HDB/BCA certified plumber.

My problems included:

1. Tap in toilet sink not working. When turned on, there was no water coming out.

2. Leaky tap in toilet.

3. Toilet bowl, after flushing would continue to leak water into the bowl.

4. Kitchen sink faucet loose and I wanted to change a new one.

So in the end managed to find this plumber, Ah Soon, who came down for a visit on the same day I called him. He looked at the problem and gave me a quote but also informing me that he would finalize it when he completed the works.

Problems 1. and 2. were easy fixes he told me, but 3. might be a bit sticky cos his initial diagnosis was that the pump was fault and he would need to change a new one (he quoted about $150). So we set an appointment on the next day as he needed to purchase the required parts for repairs. He also advised me to get a new faucet on my own and gave me recommendations.

He showed up promptly at the appointed time and proceeded to fix problems 1. 2. and 4. in about half an hour. When it came to the toilet bowl, he took a look and reassessed that it is less complicated then he initially thought, so he promptly got out the spare parts he needed and fixed in another half hour or so.

My experience with him was very pleasant because:

1. He was upfront about all costs.

2. He had a friendly and helpful demeanour.

3. He showed up on time both times.

4. He saved me time and money by assessing the real problem rather than sticking to his initial assesement.

For these 4 jobs, his fee was $150 all in (except the faucet which I bought on my own) which I certainly felt was very reasonable. Especially since he made 2 trips and spent almost 3 hours in total.

I know how frustrating it is to look for a good plumber and it's never easy to come across a reliable one. So I hope by sharing, some folks out there are spared the heartache and time.

If interested, please PM me for his number because it's never wise to float mobile numbers on the internet.

Thanks for reading!

The pipe in my bathroom has suddenly burst, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share with me Ah Soon's contact number.Many thanks!

hi,am going to install city gas heater to replace my storage tank?

But city gas guys came over & told me i have to get my own plumber to do the connecting pipes.

hmm... meaning city gas only sell the heater n installing of heater BUT not the piping. :dunno:

Haizz,meaning in the end have to fork out extra $ n hassle to find a reilable plumber to do the piping. :curse:

anyone can recommend a good,reasonable plumber?

TIA.

• Like 1

Guys i got a good plumber to share , my office leaking problem and water tab was changed by them .

Price also reasonable & free on site quoting too

MR FOO

hp : 96315352

Thanks for recommending Mr Foo, Rakieno. You are right.

Based on your recommendation, I got him to repair my son's non-functioning WC just now.

After a quick check, the cause was found.

The tap to the WC was off resulting in it not being able to fill up.

By turning the water supply to my son's WC on, the problem was solved.

He did not ask me to pay. That surprised me.

I felt bad.

So I asked him to change the pump (syphon) since it gave problem from time to time.

He was experienced and professional. He did a quick check again and concluded that it was still working.

He advised me to change only when the pump is faulty or no longer functioning.

In the end, I actually paid him nothing.

I was impressed by his honesty and fairness to the customer.

Other plumbers would happily accept the job and charge it to me.

This is the first time I encounter such an honest plumber. It really surprised me.

Forget about Uncle Johnny who seems to be a mysterious, uncontactable plumber.

Mr Foo (HP: 96315352) deserves strong recommendation. Look for him when you need plumbing services.

I will definitely get him as and when I need plumbing service.

Mrs Chai

29 Mar 2014

P/S: I understand that if there is no repairs, a fee of $10 would be charged for transport.

In my case, it was waived and I was surprised.

However if there is repair, the $10 transport fee will be waivered.

another thread flooded with people asking for uncle johnny contacts.

I dont even need to read page 1 comments to know this is a one sided thread

Plumbing recommend:+65 8316 8854 :good: :good:

• All plumbing sanitary services
  • Repairing pipe leakage
  • Clearing/ unclog all kinds of choking
  • Faucet repair and replacement
  • Repairs or replacement Toilet/Bathroom
  • WC/Urinal Manual/Sensor Flush Valve
  • Installation of heater & etc and more

Plumbing recommend:+65 8316 8854 :good: :good:

• All plumbing sanitary services
  • Repairing pipe leakage
  • Clearing/ unclog all kinds of choking
  • Faucet repair and replacement
  • Repairs or replacement Toilet/Bathroom
  • WC/Urinal Manual/Sensor Flush Valve
  • Installation of heater & etc and more

from which company, website ?

Hi everyone, I recently moved to singapore and am having a little trouble with plumbing at home. My kitchen sink is leaking but I'm not sure where the source is. Could someone recommend a plumber which you have actually used before? I don't think mysterious plumber Johnny may be of help..