Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Honeygal

Looking For Reliable & Cheap Painting Contractors

Please pm me recommendations for cheap & reliable painting contractors. Saw a lot in the classified ads which are cheap beyond belief. Please share experience too, thanks all!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If you want good, reliable and cheap, can go to Nippon or ICI directly. I am using them currently. Consider very good liao.

Yes, usually excluding pipes. If new house got plastering works, they will recommend using sealer (additional $400). Else it's as advertised.

Yes, usually excluding pipes. If new house got plastering works, they will recommend using sealer (additional $400). Else it's as advertised.

sounds good. painting 3-room flat is stated as $800. would you know how many coats of paint? does the price include doors? are we free to choose any colours?

i tried calling the nippon hotline but could never get through.

I think is $900 leh. Pipes @ $45 per bathroom. 2 coats of paint, do not include doors and a selection of 5 colors including white (meaning is 4+1).

I called at around late morning like that. Was a lady who answered, very nice and patient towards my questionings. Hehehe...

hello,

abt the nos of coating of paint have to be careful.

need to ask them how many times they are coming.

if you are coordinating your own painters.

inform them that your door frame, doors, air-con pipe.

sewage pipe?, water pipe gass pipe? all the pipes need to be painted.

and how many colours you can select from.

normally during reno, wall tend to get dirty easily.

not so easy to coordinate painters also.

a few mths ago, i ever enquire, i remember they told me, the price does not include paiting the ceiling. Pls check to avoid dissapointment.

I saw a few flyers and also advert on the papers for ICI and Nippon. Call their general line and i think they will get their approved contractor to contact you to discuss. Sometimes can negotiate a little.

Personally, i think this is better to enforce workmanship and quality. As ICI and Nippon is sort of putting their brand at stake, they have to entertain negative comment/feedback when their contractor is poorly representing their products and get rectification.

my 2 cents.

hello,

abt the nos of coating of paint have to be careful.

need to ask them how many times they are coming.

if you are coordinating your own painters.

inform them that your door frame, doors, air-con pipe.

sewage pipe?, water pipe gass pipe? all the pipes need to be painted.

and how many colours you can select from.

normally during reno, wall tend to get dirty easily.

not so easy to coordinate painters also.

I think it depends on the Paint Consultant. Mine was willingly to compromise. They will paint 1 coat before carpentry, and then 2 coat after that. Was overall quite a good experience for me. :)

Hi all, I actually completed my 5 rm painting not long ago at the price of 1,500 inclusive of doors and main gates. It includes basic plastering and up to 6 color choices of ICI/ Nippon. They actually apply a base coat before doing up the actual paints. I used Light & space for my flat. Overall look quite spacious after that.

Initially was thinking to take up ICI/ Nippon but they charge separetely for the doors.

what is the difference between basic plastering and the plastering quoted by my contractor?

Hi all, I actually completed my 5 rm painting not long ago at the price of 1,500 inclusive of doors and main gates. It includes basic plastering and up to 6 color choices of ICI/ Nippon. They actually apply a base coat before doing up the actual paints. I used Light & space for my flat. Overall look quite spacious after that.

Initially was thinking to take up ICI/ Nippon but they charge separetely for the doors.

Basic plastering is for plaster those holes or cracks etc... Purely on those defects... Simple jobs...

Plastering for wall n ceiling is applications for new layer of wall skins...

Basic plastering is for plaster those holes or cracks etc... Purely on those defects... Simple jobs...

Plastering for wall n ceiling is applications for new layer of wall skins...

Yes, de_Pierre is right. For HDB i think basic plastering is good enough. It will be defintely too steep if we were to take up the full plastering. From my feedback through fusionpaints, they told me that full plastering will required to sand down the whole wall and reapply a layer of new plaster onto it where it will make the wall look smooth and even.

Please pm me recommendations for cheap & reliable painting contractors. Saw a lot in the classified ads which are cheap beyond belief. Please share experience too, thanks all!

cheap migt not be good as they may add water to paint inorder to save cost :unsure:

DIY's painter price not cheap oso..mayb you interested me recommed you mine.. pm me..i buy paint and they charges me labor oni :notti:

<!--quoteo(post=360541:date=Dec 11 2008, 11:46 PM:name=Honeygal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Honeygal @ Dec 11 2008, 11:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360541"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Please pm me recommendations for cheap & reliable painting contractors. Saw a lot in the classified ads which are cheap beyond belief. Please share experience too, thanks all!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I had done my room painted in 3 colours recently.

I found a painting website online so i called them and they came down to my house to take a look and gave me a free quotation.

I find that the service was quite fast and the price is reasonable.

Maybe u can try my recommendations at <a href="http://www.paintersingapore.com/contactus.html" target="_blank">Painting Contractors Singapore </a>I had done my room painted in 3 colours recently.

After reading some users engaging Paintersingapore to do their painting, I also engage them to paint my house. What suppose to take 2.5 days work end up taking 4 days. Workmanship so so...

Price wise is not cheap too at $1600 for 5-room... think there are better deal elsewhere.

Overall sentiment for paintersinhgapore.com: Over promise, under deliver... will not engage them for my parents place or recommend to others.

Edited by Brainstorm