Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alan26

Bad Experience @ Jalan Besar

Yesterday abt 6.25pm, went down to jalan besar area to browse for toilet bowl and wash basin for my new hse.

1st shop i went in was poh joo main showroom

Nobody came to us to assist us. The shop assistant is busy pulling the shutter(seems like chasing us away)

So my wife and i left.

2nd shop is bellari

Thing too expensive, we left after asking some question.

3rd shop is few shop away from the poh joo branch showroom. GR Link..

When we step into the shop, the shop assistant came up with a smile. "Feel free to look around" said the shop assistant. As we browse around, the shop assistant try to advice us on the different types of toilet bowl.

Telling us why is there a different in price. In term of knowledge, the shop assistant did fill us up. Price wise

is quite reasonable. But for the hob, too bad they only sell turbo brand $500+.(too expensive for us)

Did any of you tried their service b4? can share?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You went at the wrong time le. Most shops close latest at 6:30 or 7 at most. For budget it's better to go Poh Joo. There's another branch very much further down the street, that opens on Sunday. You can visit their website for details.

You went at the wrong time le. Most shops close latest at 6:30 or 7 at most. For budget it's better to go Poh Joo. There's another branch very much further down the street, that opens on Sunday. You can visit their website for details.

Jalan Baser Poh Joo official business hrs is 8.30am ~ 6pm Daily. Sunday and holiday 11am ~ 4pm..

I went to Poh Joo last sat (opp lavender hawker centre one), found their service not bad...quite patient and give advice (depends on which salesman serving u i guess).. take note their pricing usually can be 10% ~ 20% off the display pricing for bigger items like basin & sink...

accessories can be neg to be slightly cheaper.... Poh Joo delivery was right on time and will call you in the morning to confirm the timing

just went to hoe kee at imm today...their accessories got price tab one and is fixed according to a nice lady serving me.

At 1st want to leave the shop one cos me and my wife walk ard in the so long bo lang interested to serve us. Till we sound out for some help ... got one uncle standing very near us do nothing even walk away and bo chap us . lucky the nice lady respond to us and serve us.. end up bought my complete set of accessories there..spent $370 there

Well guess everyone got their bad days... so dun becos of one individual bad salesman to judge the Shop.

Sourcing items for ur new home take weeks if not months so be patient

for sanitary ware... Hoe Kee, Poh Joo, Royal Franco these are the common reputable places to shop for such things.

Edited by tommy78

Just my 2cent...poh joo did sell toilet accessories (package) as there is a display set near their back door. I bought 1 set and after use it for more than 4 months, it started to rust.

Yeah, the guy told me it wont rust. But it really started to rust.

Go for chicken brand, it expensive but it worth it. I bought 1 and installed at my toilet wall next to the water heater. Unitl now, no rust! Value for money.

Poh Joo got too many negative post liao. this thing rust that thing spolit..

HOE KEE & SIM SIANG CHOON too expensive liao.

ROYAL FANCO, i never got the chance to go there, always closed when i reach there.

Maybe i give INDULGE a try.

I bought most of my kitchen/toilet accessories from Royal Fanco, yes his things are cheap esp. basin and taps but I find the quality not so good. If you don't need delivery, make sure you check the products carefully before bringing them home to save yourself another trip to do exchange.

Yesterday evening went down to INDULGE to browse for toilet bowl, wash basin. Service wise quite friendly but dunno whether they give discount?

Just sharing my purchase experience....

I bought sink, heater n hood+hob from Poh Joo..... one of the cheapest place after 1 month of tearing down Balestier n Jln bersah.... Found PJ sales ppl very patient n willing to give advices le.... even give free gifts...

I bought sanitary ware from Genova... As i have said my trottling of places another value for money place.

I took a package from them and paid 388 for a one pc BARON WC, 1 square basin with square tap with all fittings.... welll NOTE it's a 1 pc bowl!

Regards

when buying the W.C / sanitary item, spend more time looking at the brand. I notice a-lot of re-make or so-call faked brand.

I walk along 560 Balestier last month and saw a couple of funny brand, like OTTO which is faked / re-barge of TOTO (Japanese Brand).

Not asking you to buy very expensive but faked brand (re-barge) is not cheap, they are quite closed to a brand like SIMS. There is nothing wrong about faked brand W.C., it is just the flashing system and material used. Before you actually confirm on the brand, compared some other remarkable brand product pricing before buying their products..

e.g. common brand American Standard (tried Hoe Kee), Inax, Potex and Rigel (Singapore Brand), some of them can be used range at $200-$300. Well, faked W.C. or brand re-barge can be range from $200 - $300.

Might as well get the common brand... tried Hoe Kee, SIMS, etc... Decided yourself, Re-barge or common Brand .. Re-barge also Made in China, Original Brand also Made in China. But those common brand is so-call reliable because of their NAME. Re-barge or fake dun.. Make your money worst.. If you pay PEANUTS, you get PEANUTS.

Those contractors or Ids, sometimes might quote you faked brand (so-call re-barge of the brand like OTTO). If that case, might as well buy SIMS or American Standard. I saw some of them are selling at $200-$250. Some more reputable brand than those re-barge toilet bowl. Just my 2 cents..

Edited by johnnyong

when buying the W.C / sanitary item, spend more time looking at the brand. I notice a-lot of re-make or so-call faked brand.

I walk along 560 Balestier last month and saw a couple of funny brand, like OTTO which is faked / re-barge of TOTO (Japanese Brand).

Not asking you to buy very expensive but faked brand (re-barge) is not cheap, they are quite closed to a brand like SIMS. There is nothing wrong about faked brand W.C., it is just the flashing system and material used. Before you actually confirm on the brand, compared some other remarkable brand product pricing before buying their products..

e.g. common brand American Standard (tried Hoe Kee), Inax, Potex and Rigel (Singapore Brand), some of them can be used range at $200-$300. Well, faked W.C. or brand re-barge can be range from $200 - $300.

Might as well get the common brand... tried Hoe Kee, SIMS, etc... Decided yourself, Re-barge or common Brand .. Re-barge also Made in China, Original Brand also Made in China. But those common brand is so-call reliable because of their NAME. Re-barge or fake dun.. Make your money worst.. If you pay PEANUTS, you get PEANUTS.

Those contractors or Ids, sometimes might quote you faked brand (so-call re-barge of the brand like OTTO). If that case, might as well buy SIMS or American Standard. I saw some of them are selling at $200-$250. Some more reputable brand than those re-barge toilet bowl. Just my 2 cents..

I bought this toilet bowl 'OTTO', the flushing is good, I even went to PUB website to check out this brand. It is tested and save water too.

I think we should not comment they are faked brand. I went to few shop selling OTTO, OTTO not only have WC but also nice unique designed basin which i purchased too at reasonable price.

I bought this toilet bowl 'OTTO', the flushing is good, I even went to PUB website to check out this brand. It is tested and save water too.

I think we should not comment they are faked brand. I went to few shop selling OTTO, OTTO not only have WC but also nice unique designed basin which i purchased too at reasonable price.

I'm using OTTO too, I find the design quite pleasing to the eye.

Can't really call it fake brand, would prefer to call them "brandless".

"Branded" is associated with heavy advertising, *****, better mechanism & perhaps quality, packaging, nicer showroom with a high price tag, while the brandless are still usable I guess?

The flush in the MBR was okay ..

but my mother complained about the flush in the common toilet, she said it's too weak, always got "remains" after flushing..

I'm using OTTO too, I find the design quite pleasing to the eye.

Can't really call it fake brand, would prefer to call them "brandless".

"Branded" is associated with heavy advertising, *****, better mechanism & perhaps quality, packaging, nicer showroom with a high price tag, while the brandless are still usable I guess?

The flush in the MBR was okay ..

but my mother complained about the flush in the common toilet, she said it's too weak, always got "remains" after flushing..

No Problem for both toilets, maybe your plumber didn't install properly or accidentally adjust the parts inside!

im using otto too...no complaints..

if u go hupfarri, u wil see the otto name big big below its signboard...