Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ami

Mr & Mrs Ng Lovenest

Took quite awhile to read r reno t-blog.......all i know if my ID is like tat, most likely i will spend my life behind bars cos, i would have been charged with man slaughtering by drowning him with my toilet bowl :bleah:

For ur patience :yamseng::yamseng::yamseng:

You know hor... for many times I did feel like!!!! But then again, kena charged because of someone like him, sibei not worth it loh. Like that think can liao loh! :rolleyes:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
true to a certain point ba, HDB ceiling all slanted de. the slant comes at different places more obvious, mine is very obvious at the tv wall side. my Lbox YY de. those contractors knows it but choose the follow the floor level. they'll tell you blame hdb for everything slanted and leave it as it is,tell you ITS LIKE THAT DE! hear liao sure boil de.keke..they never heard of the word~ IMPROVISE meh.pengz.. catch the level abit and adjust top & bottom lo. since its slanted no point making bottom level too ma. in the end still slanted.pengz. :bleah:

I don't know leh... contractor say there's nothing he can do.

don think it is for water residue, but even it is slanted, they should be able to build the wrought iron also slanted bah. when taking measurment why they don highlight it first?

Ya loh. Also if slanted, common bedroom should also be the same what! Cuz it's same level and same side one.

I'm quite sure the HDB window is not parallel from top to bottom.

Most experience window grill supplier will use a 1.5" to 2" frame to conceal the bad alignment and mount grill on the wall instead.

Renovator contractor say the structure of the building is designed to be tilted for water residue purpose. Is it true?

Sure mah? Is it smoke me one... Only living room slanted leh, common room not slanted leh... :unsure:

The bathroom, kitchen, service balcony have a slight gradient towards the drain hole but not the living room, dining room, study and bedroom.

This man is a con.

You will need to re sand the door frame totally or else it will be a different shade to your other door/frame, get rid of the bad plaster. They did not mask the door frame when filling frame gap/painting that's why you see dark staining on edge of wood frame trying to cover them.

I am worry about your wrought iron, they seem to be low quality material and powder coating work(looks thick), get a written warranty of at least 1 year from them or else if they rust out from inside again he will give excuse that you use something that cause it.

The window frame cannot be rectify on site and must be repowder coat totally and not just that particular bar, weld back and try to paint the weld edge, take note of the joint. Try soft knocking on the wrought iron using rubber/base of screw driver on all area to check the coating, you can check if there are bad coating if they feel hollow like a detached skin layer.

BTW take this chance to plaster level the window opening while they are rectifying it.

He already took down the wrought iron for resand and respray. But I doubt it will be any good to last as the base is already in such bad condition. And I highly doubt he will give me warranty though he did mention if anything with our flat, he will still come down and rectify for us. I really don't know if I still WANT TO TRUST him anot loh...

And how to do it? Sounds very hard and time consuming leh... I don't have time liao! AD on 27 December!!!!!!!!!!!

That final email to your contractor does seem very reasonable. Did he respond?

He didn't think likewise wor... He asked Hubby why we send email to him (since have to email to his son's ID company to get to him). So I told Hubby to tell him straight in the face - SAY EVERYTHING NOW MUST BE IN BLACK AND WHITE. CAUSE HE HAS BEEN VERY DISHONEST!

I very bad hor. :notti:

I'm quite sure the HDB window is not parallel from top to bottom.

Most experience window grill supplier will use a 1.5" to 2" frame to conceal the bad alignment and mount grill on the wall instead.

But from my pictures, seems like it's more than 1.5" - 2" right??????????????????????

Edited by Ami

Wah, really cut throat vormit blood reading on your experience....

Me, planning to start renovation after CNY, now looking for trustworthy contractors...

Is Henry from Impress21?

The bathroom, kitchen, service balcony have a slight gradient towards the drain hole but not the living room, dining room, study and bedroom.

This man is a con.

Like that ah... win liao loh. Only my living slanted. The rest seems okay. Could it be old building structure?

Wah, really cut throat vormit blood reading on your experience....

Me, planning to start renovation after CNY, now looking for trustworthy contractors...

Is Henry from Impress21?

Actually when I read I also wanna laugh loh, don’t say you. I don’t understand why we put up with his cock and bull leh, really. Should have terminated his service when we saw this coming right? We keep giving him chance, he keep “chu-ing” pattern. The people here very right. DO NOT OVER TRUST renovation contractors no matter how good they may seem. And most importantly, do not advance pay them!!

Before we actually signed on the dotted line, my renovation contractor seemed nice enough. Almost everything he also can, say okay lah, happy can liao, blah blah blah. Good is one thing, but low-quality works and dishonesty is another!! It’s very very frustrating. Buying and building a new home should be a happy thing, but because of contractors, unnecessary arguments arise. If we really because of him fall out (choy choy, touch wood!! I say IF), he really ought to be shot.

Henry from Impress21 is okay.. carpentry works also okay. Not perfect but good enough. But you must really know what you want then can engage him one. Cuz he not ID, so he don’t have a lot of ideas. What you want, he will just do for you loh (sometimes even better than expected!).

If 5 years later we decided to move, Henry confirm will be one of the shortlisted contractor to do up my house. 

His son is doing the coordination - our contractor going for operations. Don't know to shake head or what...

They are coming down today and tomorrow! Hope everything will be fine by the week of 22nd!!

His son is doing the coordination - our contractor going for operations. Don't know to shake head or what...

They are coming down today and tomorrow! Hope everything will be fine by the week of 22nd!!

Wah better la. Maybe his son is more tactful and knows how to treat customers properly. Maybe the "operations" excuse is just so that he can take over after he read the email...

hi there, really empathise with ur situation. All because of this unscrupulous contractor, spoiling ur whole reno.

while reading, feel like giving the contractor FEW tight slaps for his replies.

If I'm in your shoes, i will ask the contractor to rectify those issues before handover. If he starts to grumble and nag or choose not to rectify, will let him know that I can simply call up those gossipy papers like Shin Min or The New Paper to let them publish the horrible works he done and help his company to publize. Many people will be able to view the photos of his "good" workmanship.

And i admire ur patience for putting up with this rubbish contractor.

Edited by tydy

i finally finish reading thru your post loh..

but one thing i don understand is, how come you have 2 ids doing your house at the same time?

That contractor from **** and also an ID called Henry?

Wah better la. Maybe his son is more tactful and knows how to treat customers properly. Maybe the "operations" excuse is just so that he can take over after he read the email...

His son ID mah, sure know how to PR one.

We were enlightened when his son's door guys came and touch up last week. He asked us why our door got no door line (some sort of protector for the door to prevent cracking), then my Hubby said - "Contractor didn't say have what. We not professionals you know?"

I was like... wtf!! You take my money but just do half the job?? Bloody **** loh. Hubby said might be because he didn't quote us that's why didn't install. Please loh!!!!! If you know it's needed, should have told or asked if we want anot what!! :curse:

I really feel like :fire::fire::fire: him!!!!!!!!!

We paid him about $1k to uninstall and reinstall a new set of frames for both the common and MBR loh!!!!! You say angry anot lah!!!!!! :furious:

Operations excuse or not, not my problem. All I can say is KARMA. Say I no "tong qing xin" or what lah, but after all that countless headaches, arguments with Hubby and MIL, I really don't think I need to show face or what loh.