Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cloudy

Mattress Atrium - Anyone Have Experience With Them?

I knwo chances of getting upset will be there since payment already done, but hubby and I are really very curious what is the price..

I'm not sure which mattress you got but I was quoted 4.5K for:

Kingsize Lotus "De Bliss" Mattress with : 2 Lotus Talalay pillows, 2 Mattress Protectors, 1 x Duvet, and one bedframe of my chosing at a later date. Yup... a lot right?

But after reading all these negative reviews... sigh.

My greatest worry is not so much about the comfort of the mattress because it's really quite shiok.. but rather the post sales support of the company and the warranty offerred. They can claim the sky and the earth but when something bad happens 5 - 7 years down the line and you find the sales rep has all but disappeared and the company is in shambles..

well then...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all, i also just recently paid for a LOTUS bed set at m atrium. I would love to share my opinions on that.

Same, the tactic used to sell was the container story that they claimed. They claimed that this mattress is materialized in US, but assembled in Bangkok, and shipped to SG from BKK, due to it's operations costs. Nevertheless it wasn't any major issues to me. It is just a country of assembly, and that doesn't means it's 'low quality' to me.

Anyway I bought their King sized brown coloured LOTUS Royal Prince, a 6-coiled pocketed spring mattress with Tatalay layer. A storaged bed frame, a choice of leather, velvet, or Belgium Acacia fine fabrics, http://acaciafabrics.com/ which i will custom the colours before my delivery. Freebies i got were 2 LOTUS pillows, 2 bolsters, 1 duvet, 1 cover quilt set. Same, trying on it the feeling was **** good. I would say i like it better feeling than Serta. Serta was my initial choice.

Original price before discount for everything was roughly about $8K, but i have paid a discounted price of $4.2k only. I feel that it is a good deal and within my budget for a bedding set. Serta also quoted me about $4k.

End of the day, my take is, delaying a few weeks is not a major issue to me and my fiancee, its how you manage your time in buffering deliveries. Buying bed there is like buying Parallel Import cars. Parkmall & IMM are main agents, but authorised dealers are elsewhere too. Agents you get deliveries on time, but lesser freebies. Parallel Imports you get more freebies, cheaper, but only set back is sometime have to wait longer than expected, becoz priorities are given to agents, then retailers. You can get diff deals and price anywhere, but end of the day, it's still a LOTUS you're buying. So don't be too paranoid, most importantly is you and your partner likes the bed that you chose. Buying and paying and bargaining is just a process, anywhere any part could be a happy or unhappy experience.

Hope all these info helps those who are looking/buying/bought a LOTUS bedding like me. Cheers!

Edited by illusions

Negative reviews, did they not deliver the goods and run away with the money? So far no case like that heard so far bah, so should be no issue! LOTUS is a well established brand in US and around the world. It is just that i heard they do not spend so much on hard advertising like Serta n Simmon or Dunlopillow, coz they claim they don't need. To me, i kind of agree becoz to me, good means good, through word of mouth is more than enough. Just by saying "this mattress is used by hotels", to me i don't buy that. Hotel 81 also hotel. And i think high end stuffs needs only to be appreciated by the knowledged bah, like Rolex, Panarai, etc, you see advertistments? No. but its luxury stuffs. That's how i feel.

End of the day, you and your wife like it? That is all you need to worry.

Cheers!

Lotus is strictly speaking not a established brand in US and around the world. Lotus is a Thai brand that is registered in Belgium. The only selling point for Lotus is probably how they stitch the ticking to make it look expensive.

Lotus is strictly speaking not a established brand in US and around the world. Lotus is a Thai brand that is registered in Belgium. The only selling point for Lotus is probably how they stitch the ticking to make it look expensive.

Hi, apologise for the wrong info, prolly mixed up a little. Anyway, thanks for correcting me on that. But i find it is not just looks bah, quality is there. Cheers!

Edited by illusions

watever: i didnt check the assembling part as i was busy check to see if there are any defects as the china n indian worker are rushing off. my delivery time is at 10.30pm. they call me before 9pm say they are coming now. i told them i can only reach home at 10.30pm and they wanted to push the delivery to the next day. it has already been delayed so i don't want anymore delay. i had to stop my work and take a cab and rush back. i understand how u feel about having to chase after them. we are the one paying yet we are the one calling them to check instead of them calling to inform us.

chua: during my purchase Joe told me reputation is very important to them and they have been in this industries for so many years, i can go and check. i shouldn't have believe it and if i check too, i wont order from them and true enough they are giving so much problems to customers. now when i tell back abt what he said, i really feel like laughing. their reputation are so bad yet he still got the cheek to say that.

I got the same experience from them. it is a pity becos i found out my collague had bout elsewhere but also cheaper. hope this makes people more careful before buying decisions

Hi Guys,

I happen to saw Mattress Atrium @ City Square this afternoon and surprised that it is still surviving around after my purchase from them 2 years back. So happened that i saw this forum thread still active with so much complains on Mattress Atrium that i could not help creating an account to share my story... hahaha.. of cos it is a bad impression.

Me & my hubby bought the mattress from them around Sept 2008 meant for our an chuang which i roughly remember that it is the last week of dec 2008. That time, the shop was still in Furniture Mall and we were served by Wee Juo as well. As usual, he was with his container story and we bought the mattress (name starts with S.. something like santano) with the frame and requested the delivery to be done 1 week before the an chuang's date. I think we were smart and we only paid a minimum deposit for the whole bed.. which cost abt 2k+. He also promised free gifts like mattress protector and 2 pillows.

So 1 week before the delivery date, my hubby even called the shop again to remind them about the delivery and confirmed again on the date. Thereafter, 1 or 2 days before the delivery date, WJ called and said that there is some issue with the shipment and the mattress is not available and he can only gave me another brand called LOTUS which I had never heard before. He told us that this brand is better than the ones that we pick and more expensive as well. Worst still, the delivery was postponed to the actual day of our an chuan and he keeps apologizing and told me that he will give me another mattress protector for compensation due to the late delivery. Left with no choice, we had to cross our fingers and hope nothing went wrong.

However, on the date of the delivery, as both me and hubby is not around, so my hubby passed the $ to my MIL and told her about the late delivery and also told her not to pay the delivery guy if the delivery is incomplete.

The best part is that, our an chuan is supposed to be at 12pm, and he promised that the delivery will be here at 10am as they will dispatch out their 1st lorry to our place first. 10am and the delivery guy was still not here yet, but they did call and said that they will be late and will definitely reach by 12pm. We will really pissed off with the heart attack that they gave us. It was lucky that the bed came at 11am, plus all the fixing here and there. However, they forgot to bring the free stuffs over and my MIL refused to pay the balance $ and even gave them a stern look thruout the delivery. Hahaha.. guess the delivery guy dun dare to ask for payment as well and decided to let the boss do the job. They left almost really little time for my MIL to lay the bedsheet and all the an chuang stuffs...

Thereafter, i called Wee Juo and insisted that he bring all those free gifts over to my place and collect the balance payment from us, which he eventually did.

Conculsion: I must say that his after sales service and promises are really bad. It was lucky that i did not make a full payment and push him all the way to ensure that i get what i was promised. It left a really bad impression and me & my hubby really do not recommend this shop to you guys. Although i must agree that me & my hubby are very happy with the end product. LOTUS mattress is really good and we got it really cheap at a cause. If you really want to get mattress from them. Remember not to pay them full. Just pay them the minimum amount.

I am glad that I goggle their name before meeting them this coming Saturday. My son has enrichment class at City Sq every Sat so last week I drop by the newly opened Mattress Atrium. The lady sales person could not help me at all and asked me to wait for his boss to finish explaining with their other customers. Since I was unable to wait, I told her I would come by again this coming Sat.

FYI, I find it strange when I talk to the sales lady. Firstly, she could not even (do not want) to tell me the price of the mattresses. Secondly, she kept insisting that I wait for her boss to finish up with the other customer. I was like... if need to wait for her boss to explain to me... why is she there in the first place??!!? I guess the boss was a sweet talker that is why she insists on me waiting. Few other things was that she asked me if I can close a deal on that day... I was kind taken aback cos who in the right mind will be able to decide without even knowing the pricings first!!!! We were pressing for time cos we were heading somewhere else but this lady was trying very hard to make us wait by praising our son... asking all unrelated things which was kinda frustating for me! I asked her abt "Princebed" brand maker and she first said made in Europe... and my husband said assemble in Thailand and she agreed... I was like huh??!!?? From what I know (Princebed their website: http://www.princebed.com/subpage.asp?page=continuous.htm#) they are made in Singapore. I am just glad that I do not need to hear the BS story and skip the whole appt!!!

I ve actually gone to Mattress Centre at Balestier before and the sales person was very honest and gives good pricings on top of suggestions... I think I may just go with my guts feeling and get my mattress from Matrress Centre instead.

I knwo chances of getting upset will be there since payment already done, but hubby and I are really very curious what is the price..

Let me share my horrible experience from mattress atrium. I ordered a LOTUS mattress and a bedframe from Wee Joe in June 2010. As my actual wedding is in May 2011, i told him to deliver to me in Nov 2010. Usually my style is to put a small downpayment and pay the rest upon receiving the goods. On this occassion, i left my gf to talk to wee joe which is a drastic mistake and he urged her to take up the 12 months interest free installment. I also didnt think its much of an issue and therefore didnt stop her from doing so. btw they charge me $3500 for the mattress and bedframe which i think is quite exp for a no brand mattress and bedframe.

The night after i purchase i did a google and learn about those horrible comments about mattress atrium from this forum and singapore brides. I panic and ask wee joe for an early delivery in september instead of nov just in case those stories of delay and even worry that this kind of small shop may go bankrupt. Wee joe promised me that there's no problem he's ok to bring forward the delivery date. As expect my nightmare came true, on the delivery day i still need to call mattress atrium to confirm the delivery, they have no responsibility to contact me prior to that. And best of all i took 1/2 day leave just to wait at home for my goods. The mattress arrive on time but not the bedframe. And last minute they told me the bedframe came the wrong size and color and he had scolded the supplier..blah blah..those usual crap stories u read from this forum and ask me to wait for 2 more weeks. Ok i agree to wait for 2 more weeks. what to do i already paid all.

2 weeks later he told me the supplier has difficulty to meet the specifications of my bedframe. I requested for 4 crystals to be sewn on my headboard and he promised me that it can easily be done before i bought the bedframe. and now he's telling me the crystals keep on dropping and there's no way to sew the crystals on the headboad which is PU leather. The only way is to change the material to cotton linen or velvet. He ask me to compromise and setle for either of these 2. I am so angry if you cannot deliver ur promise just come clean upfront, You dun have to lie to us just to close the deal. Having 4 crystals on the PU leather headboard is nothing new, alot of other shops are doing the same. THis shows that ur workmanship and supplier are lousy, no standard. You better close ur business. We then requested for a refund for the bedframe cos we dun like the 2 other materials. He agreed to refund but you know it takes close to 3 months b4 we finally get our $ back. We went down to mattress atrium at least 6 times to chase for our refund. He keep on telling us since this is IPP (installment) the refund will take a little longer. All these are lies. When we call him on his mobile he seldom pick up the call. And he keep on insisting that it's DBS bank fault cos he already provided all the necessary information to DBS. When we check with DBS they said that Wee Joe has not provided them with any info for refund therefore we need to continue to service the installment. I got so angry and went down to mattres atrium and give that stupid Ken a scolding. Btw ken is the assistant in his shop who is good for nothing. I suspect he is a family member of his who is there to shield his boss. He keep on saying there's nothing he can do and his boss is not around or overseas. Sensing that things are not right, i went straight to CASE to pursue this case. CASE wrote a letter to mattress atrium to help me settle this matter and finally Ken called me and told me they have refunded the amount to me. i was so pissed off, i should have gone to CASE earlier and not waste close to 3 mths calling DBS and mattress atrium.

Few lessons learned:

1. Never pay in full no matter what u buy

2. Never buy from mattress atrium

3. Never trust that stupid wee joe. He's a liar

I am glad that I goggle their name before meeting them this coming Saturday. My son has enrichment class at City Sq every Sat so last week I drop by the newly opened Mattress Atrium. The lady sales person could not help me at all and asked me to wait for his boss to finish explaining with their other customers. Since I was unable to wait, I told her I would come by again this coming Sat.

FYI, I find it strange when I talk to the sales lady. Firstly, she could not even (do not want) to tell me the price of the mattresses. Secondly, she kept insisting that I wait for her boss to finish up with the other customer. I was like... if need to wait for her boss to explain to me... why is she there in the first place??!!? I guess the boss was a sweet talker that is why she insists on me waiting. Few other things was that she asked me if I can close a deal on that day... I was kind taken aback cos who in the right mind will be able to decide without even knowing the pricings first!!!! We were pressing for time cos we were heading somewhere else but this lady was trying very hard to make us wait by praising our son... asking all unrelated things which was kinda frustating for me! I asked her abt "Princebed" brand maker and she first said made in Europe... and my husband said assemble in Thailand and she agreed... I was like huh??!!?? From what I know (Princebed their website: http://www.princebed.com/subpage.asp?page=continuous.htm#) they are made in Singapore. I am just glad that I do not need to hear the BS story and skip the whole appt!!!

I ve actually gone to Mattress Centre at Balestier before and the sales person was very honest and gives good pricings on top of suggestions... I think I may just go with my guts feeling and get my mattress from Matrress Centre instead.

hey u made the right decision. Mattress Atrium is a SCAM do not buy from them. They can close down anytime with their unprofessional attitude. Luckily I am able to recover my $$. All their staff doesnt know their stuff and are out to cheat people. Mark my words they will close down pretty soon. Let's spread the words around to prevent other innocent buyers frm being cheated by wee joe and mattress atrium.

Hi Guys,

I happen to saw Mattress Atrium @ City Square this afternoon and surprised that it is still surviving around after my purchase from them 2 years back. So happened that i saw this forum thread still active with so much complains on Mattress Atrium that i could not help creating an account to share my story... hahaha.. of cos it is a bad impression.

Me & my hubby bought the mattress from them around Sept 2008 meant for our an chuang which i roughly remember that it is the last week of dec 2008. That time, the shop was still in Furniture Mall and we were served by Wee Juo as well. As usual, he was with his container story and we bought the mattress (name starts with S.. something like santano) with the frame and requested the delivery to be done 1 week before the an chuang's date. I think we were smart and we only paid a minimum deposit for the whole bed.. which cost abt 2k+. He also promised free gifts like mattress protector and 2 pillows.

So 1 week before the delivery date, my hubby even called the shop again to remind them about the delivery and confirmed again on the date. Thereafter, 1 or 2 days before the delivery date, WJ called and said that there is some issue with the shipment and the mattress is not available and he can only gave me another brand called LOTUS which I had never heard before. He told us that this brand is better than the ones that we pick and more expensive as well. Worst still, the delivery was postponed to the actual day of our an chuan and he keeps apologizing and told me that he will give me another mattress protector for compensation due to the late delivery. Left with no choice, we had to cross our fingers and hope nothing went wrong.

However, on the date of the delivery, as both me and hubby is not around, so my hubby passed the $ to my MIL and told her about the late delivery and also told her not to pay the delivery guy if the delivery is incomplete.

The best part is that, our an chuan is supposed to be at 12pm, and he promised that the delivery will be here at 10am as they will dispatch out their 1st lorry to our place first. 10am and the delivery guy was still not here yet, but they did call and said that they will be late and will definitely reach by 12pm. We will really pissed off with the heart attack that they gave us. It was lucky that the bed came at 11am, plus all the fixing here and there. However, they forgot to bring the free stuffs over and my MIL refused to pay the balance $ and even gave them a stern look thruout the delivery. Hahaha.. guess the delivery guy dun dare to ask for payment as well and decided to let the boss do the job. They left almost really little time for my MIL to lay the bedsheet and all the an chuang stuffs...

Thereafter, i called Wee Juo and insisted that he bring all those free gifts over to my place and collect the balance payment from us, which he eventually did.

Conculsion: I must say that his after sales service and promises are really bad. It was lucky that i did not make a full payment and push him all the way to ensure that i get what i was promised. It left a really bad impression and me & my hubby really do not recommend this shop to you guys. Although i must agree that me & my hubby are very happy with the end product. LOTUS mattress is really good and we got it really cheap at a cause. If you really want to get mattress from them. Remember not to pay them full. Just pay them the minimum amount.

Hi,

You are very smart as u did not pay in full or else you have no leverage on them. It seems that they screwed everyone. In the end i believe they will get their retribution, someone will screw them **** hard. You know what in the end i bought my bedframe from EXPO furniture exhibition and the lady boss told me she knows wee joe very well. He still owns her shop more than 100k..she said wee joe is notorious for such things. Bad reputation really spreads like wild fire.

Hi,

You are very smart as u did not pay in full or else you have no leverage on them. It seems that they screwed everyone. In the end i believe they will get their retribution, someone will screw them **** hard. You know what in the end i bought my bedframe from EXPO furniture exhibition and the lady boss told me she knows wee joe very well. He still owns her shop more than 100k..she said wee joe is notorious for such things. Bad reputation really spreads like wild fire.

Thanks ya... somehow i am just lucky....

I am surprised that his shop is still surviving even thou his reputation is that bad....

To all deliveries,I believe Mattress Atrium is getting the supplier to do delivery,a lot of retail companies are doing so,getting stocks from other suppliers and deliveries will be done by the suppliers themselves,but once the supplier has a problem,it will definately affect the retailers,which is beyond the retailers' jurisdiction.Is all happening all round Singapore especially during Festive Seasons,Mattress Atrium is not the only one,OM,SEALY,MDC,SPECIES,FC and many more companies dealing with beds.The retailers can't do anything if suppliers claim to have problems,but to face customer about the delays,ALL RETAILERS will never want anything to happen,but smooth operating to their customers.If retailers create hassles to customers is like getting themselves to ''jump off a building and die'',they are not stupid to do things like that,especially they are bosses,owners and entreprenaunts of their company,don't think people like that would want to create unneccessary hassle to customers when they are in service industry,knowing eventually will affect themselves,and it will be a waste of time and money,which is ALL RETAILERS main concern.So that's why I don't think they will.I won't know how you guys think,to me,I never blame the RETAILERS,but only the source of the SUPPLERS.Mattress Atrium is NOT a manufacturer or supplier,ONLY a retailer.All retailers sell products,retailers don't do deliveries,poducts are good,deliveries delaid,source of the delays caused by? The quality of the poducts generated by? Ans:SUPPLIERS and MANUFACTURERS

THAT'S WHAT I BELIEVE.BE FAIR TO THE RETAILERS IN THESE INDUSTRY.

Wow, I'm surprise that you actually created a username and not being apologetic, pushed all blames wholesale to all other avenues but yourself (and your company maybe ??)

This shows naviety on your Biz sense and I won't be surprise your shop will close down in no time.

Like some members said, customer paid YOU , not your supplier and so customers will come back to YOU when there are delays or quality or other issues... your biz methodology is wrong big time if you still adopt such 1980s attitude.. ...

And Bingo, 1 more of your "VICTIM" found out that your beds are Made In Malaysia instead of "australia" or "japan" or whatever country that came to your mind when you're couducting the sales.... I'll like to urge you to be honest and sincere in your Biz dealing, this is the 21st century Singapore, your modus operandi won't last you very long here.... ...

Wow, I'm surprise that you actually created a username and not being apologetic, pushed all blames wholesale to all other avenues but yourself (and your company maybe ??)

This shows naviety on your Biz sense and I won't be surprise your shop will close down in no time.

Like some members said, customer paid YOU , not your supplier and so customers will come back to YOU when there are delays or quality or other issues... your biz methodology is wrong big time if you still adopt such 1980s attitude.. ...

And Bingo, 1 more of your "VICTIM" found out that your beds are Made In Malaysia instead of "australia" or "japan" or whatever country that came to your mind when you're couducting the sales.... I'll like to urge you to be honest and sincere in your Biz dealing, this is the 21st century Singapore, your modus operandi won't last you very long here.... ...

This shop has no integrity. It is just not the right way to do business. If you can't deliver your customer's promise just be honest and say it upfront. There is nothing wrong with it but they just want to pull a fast one. It seems that they just ask everyone to go for interest free installment. The fact is that by doing so they shifts the responsibility to u and the bank cos they will receive the $$ from the bank within 5 working days. I've learned my lesson the hard way.

Wee Joe still tell me Lotus is from USA and it's a v v famous brand. I told him I've never heard of this brand and i dun see much advertisement on this brand. He said Lotus is just like Ferarri, the brand speaks for itself therefore there's no need for advertising. This guy is full of crap. I won't be surprise if his shop close down in no time

Should I be getting worried?

I am waiting for my mattress to be delivered at the end of the month.... I dun care where is it from...

I just dun want my hard earn money down the drain..

:(