Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AshRinz

Curtains Help

Hi all,

My reno is about to complete and I'm now looking into curtains for the hall and rooms. The problem is, I'm not sure how to go about measuring the width of the windows to install the curtains.

1) For the rod length, do i measure from wall to wall exactly or have to minus off a few cm to accommodate the end stoppers?

2) And also, for living room, is it necessary for full length curtain (ceiling to floor) or half length covering windows only will do?

3) If i want to have day and night curtains for the living rooms, how many rods do I need to install?

Thanx all for the kind help. Any info is appreciated.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Ash Rinz

I got mine made at Tanjong Katong Complex. There're loads of curtain shops and the one I patronize is Jimmy Textile. They have a wide range of fabrics and can also arrange measurement to be done at your place.

Hi all,

My reno is about to complete and I'm now looking into curtains for the hall and rooms. The problem is, I'm not sure how to go about measuring the width of the windows to install the curtains.

1) For the rod length, do i measure from wall to wall exactly or have to minus off a few cm to accommodate the end stoppers?

2) And also, for living room, is it necessary for full length curtain (ceiling to floor) or half length covering windows only will do?

3) If i want to have day and night curtains for the living rooms, how many rods do I need to install?

Hi

if you're still looking for curtains, can try calling Cindy at 9697-1457. You get to choose the fabric for your curtains and she quotes you based on the fabric. I've ordered mine for my EM and she's basically throwing in service stuff like matching cushion covers. She's really nice. :)

Hi

if you're still looking for curtains, can try calling Cindy at 9697-1457. You get to choose the fabric for your curtains and she quotes you based on the fabric. I've ordered mine for my EM and she's basically throwing in service stuff like matching cushion covers. She's really nice. :)

Thanx all. Jeeezzz....i was shocked to see my curtains prices along with the rods and rails.

Hi all,

Hi AshRinz,

Don't worry on the measurement as when the curtain maker goes to your hse, they will do the measurements :)

You can try to contact Vincent, they are home based curtain makers, so their price are relatively cheaper.. :)

My curtain prices as below:

Roman blinds for MBR (4 Panels)

2 x Roller blinds for guest rooms (4 Panels per room)

full length day and night curtain for living room..(4 panels)

All for 1K+!! Of course it also depends what type of materials you will be choosing too...

Cheers!

Babyiguana :)

Edited by babyiguana

• Like 1

I got some quotes for home curtains as follows:

1 set of Roller Blinds (3-window panel)

1 set of Day & Night Living Room (4-window panel)

1 set of Blackout (4-window panel)

1 set of Normal Curtain (3-window panel)

1 set of Day & Night (4-window panel)

1 set of String Curtains

One offer at $1900 (fabric from europe) and another at $1500 (fabric from korea) with installation and tracks. I know it depends on the choice of curtains and the length of materials used among other factors but are the prices quoted reasonable as compared to the going rate in the market? Any advise and comments appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, hope I am not hijacking this thread.

We are also looking for curtains urgently. So far have been to a few but I get more and more confused each time I learn more from the shop assistants. For example, I am absolutely clueless as to how to select fabric as they all do look similar... I also cannot visualise how the curtains will actually look from the small pieces of cloth they provide you with...

To date, we have been to a few number of shops... art living at furniture mall, those nicer ones(forgot the names) in park mall, plaza sing and imm but are not impressed with the price (all above S$3200-3500)

Anyone care to shall some tips on how to choose and how to get a good deal?

I got some quotes for home curtains as follows:

1 set of Roller Blinds (3-window panel)

1 set of Day & Night Living Room (4-window panel)

1 set of Blackout (4-window panel)

1 set of Normal Curtain (3-window panel)

1 set of Day & Night (4-window panel)

1 set of String Curtains

One offer at $1900 (fabric from europe) and another at $1500 (fabric from korea) with installation and tracks. I know it depends on the choice of curtains and the length of materials used among other factors but are the prices quoted reasonable as compared to the going rate in the market? Any advise and comments appreciated. Thanks.

Hi AshRinz,

Don't worry on the measurement as when the curtain maker goes to your hse, they will do the measurements :)

You can try to contact Vincent, they are home based curtain makers, so their price are relatively cheaper.. :)

Roman blinds for MBR

2 x Roller blinds for guest rooms

full length day and night curtain for living room..

All for 1K!! Of course it also depends what type of materials you will be choosing too...

Cheers!

Wow, 1K for all those is very cheap. Will give them a call for the next set of curtains. by the way, whats their number?

Hi AshRinz,

Roman blinds for MBR

2 x Roller blinds for guest rooms

full length day and night curtain for living room..

All for 1K!! Of course it also depends what type of materials you will be choosing too...

Cheers!

Hi Babyiguana...

This is cheap-cheap... can pass me contact at shab77@singnet.com.sg.

Am looking out for one lah...

Thanks.

Hi Babyiguana...

This is cheap-cheap... can pass me contact at shab77@singnet.com.sg.

Am looking out for one lah...

Thanks.

Hi Shab,

His name is Vincent. You can contact him at

He personally does the measurement and installation himself.. That day, during their installation, his sister, also his assistant told me that they also do curtains for Goh Chok Tong.. and showed me a pic of her and Mr Goh's wife taken with her hp.. impressive.. =p

Btw, you can bargain with him.. keke.. At the beginning, he quoted us $1080.. i think we bargain with him to abt $1000 or $1050.. something like that.. keke..

My husband was very happi with the price and the nice curtain.. :P But Vincent has lots of houses to do.. soo.. muz be patient.. keke.. I booked one month in adv juz becoz i wanted him to do up for us.. :)

Cheers!

Babyiguana :D

Edited by babyiguana

if you search this forum, you will find other recommendations as well:-

. mr chew

. MGL curtains

. jimmy textiles

. some from johor bahru

etc etc

i got mine from MGL & very happy with them.

Hi Shab,

He personally does the measurement and installation himself.. That day, during their installation, his sister, also his assistant told me that they also do curtains for Goh Chok Tong.. and showed me a pic of her and Mr Goh's wife taken with her hp.. impressive.. =p

Btw, you can bargain with him.. keke.. At the beginning, he quoted us $1080.. i think we bargain with him to abt $1000 or $1050.. something like that.. keke..

My husband was very happi with the price and the nice curtain.. :P But Vincent has lots of houses to do.. soo.. muz be patient.. keke.. I booked one month in adv juz becoz i wanted him to do up for us.. :)

Cheers!

y is the contact deleted?? by the admin? can pm me? thanks

where else sell cheap curtains? i am helping my friend to ask. Tanjong Katong Complex shoudl be quite good right?

u can also email me at pillsnplacebo@yahoo.com.sg

Edited by pulpy

Hi Shab,

Cheers!

Can PM me the contact for Vincent? Thanks.