Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Smallboy

Dream Home @ Clementi

I didn't. Can dish detergent work. I did use a little CIF but was afraid the abrasive nature will scratch it.

How huh?

Aiyo, I dont want to live in paranoia ........... I just want to enjoy the house. Kids will be kids, will dirty the house. I dont mind as long as can clean.

I chose homo tiles because I thought easy to maintain. Cos last time I had broken marble. stains really get 'absorbed' into the marble. So got to be very careful.

Sigh, now in this new house, also like that. I will die with unendless cleaning. hahahaha.....:)

huh... my dad uses the CIF thing from NTUC it works leh... he cleaned off markings left behind by my bro's rubbish... poor girl!

But he uses a normal rag.. not the green rough thing...

Edited by pinkpetter

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
@Wendy

Visited Desmond @ Asia today. He remembers your name very clearly! Oh man I spent 1hr+ there, left no time for other shops.

Question for you: how is ur 3 items so far? Have u started cooking and testing OK?

I too visited Asia..on saturday. Desmond is very knowledgeble. Get him to bundle a quote for the Rinnai RB-28FV and the Fujioh 800MK2 hood. Pricing looks ok. Most probably will get it from them when my house is ready in a few months time.

Wendy, I spend a little more on washable crayons/water paints/ markers etc. So far no issue and easy to clean off, maybe you want to try?

I also mentioned about your unit and Uncle says the issue more or less resolved, he will call you and ask if there is anything more to rectify :)

Zio, quote was $38,000. Then got to include VO..... more to come....hee..hee.. :)

Fannie, I will take note of that. we have those Crayola ones. Washable. But my children got presents from who and who... goodie bags of crayons. That's where I lost the tracking. what crayons.

Nottimonster, no worries. in this forum, we help one another.

NOw, verdict of my wall paper:

Still CMI. how? NOw got streaks of bubbles... dont know what to say. If wallpaper is so difficult I really just want to paint. If I know, I should have just painted.

Uncle was very nice... when I called him about this problem. He came last night about 9+pm......... also say bad.

I dont want Uncle to continue to lose money, with this wall paper thingy. I requested for paint. But he insist that we will see how it goes. Maybe I need to re-choose my wallpaper. HUH?

Uncle seems to think I want it or maybe he thinks I will write about this.

NO! NO! NO!

I am willing to take paint. Without even Uncle needing to compensate. I just want it over. I dont think this part is Uncle fault. Just some bad wallpaper installation and service. Also put 3 times, Uncle wasted lots of money in this process la. Dont want to cause him more trouble. I just want to 'sui ban' case closed.

Edited by Smallboy

what's VO?

i would think if the wallpaper giving so much problem, painting seems like a more ideal solution and you can put nice decals....

what's VO?

i would think if the wallpaper giving so much problem, painting seems like a more ideal solution and you can put nice decals....

VO =variation order = works that are not in the initial quote.

I didn't. Can dish detergent work. I did use a little CIF but was afraid the abrasive nature will scratch it.

How huh?

Aiyo, I dont want to live in paranoia ........... I just want to enjoy the house. Kids will be kids, will dirty the house. I dont mind as long as can clean.

I chose homo tiles because I thought easy to maintain. Cos last time I had broken marble. stains really get 'absorbed' into the marble. So got to be very careful.

Sigh, now in this new house, also like that. I will die with unendless cleaning. hahahaha.....:)

James and Wendy, I can emphathise with you on stains caused by kids. :)

Yes, you can try dish detergent like Mama Lemon/UIC to wash off the stains and try to avoid CIF if possible. But try not to make it too concentrated.

Just pump abit on a wet cloth/tissue and place it over the stain for about a minute, then gently rub it off. If you have the Pigeon Biodegradable cleaner (The one that they use for washing baby bottles and fruits), its another more 'friendlier' alternative.

But seriously, homo tiles are still way easier to maintain compared to marble.

thanks Adrian John.

Stress test results

(my Cuzino Hob + Hoob):

After 3 hours of continous burning (for my Cantonese Mom who brew soups) - PASSED. hahaha.. glass didn't crack under that time of heat

45 mins - 1 hour of stir frying, deep frying with my WOK - PASSED... in fact, we like the fire... very suitable for Chinese WOK cooking.

(Franke sink + Tap):

we really 'abused' it... very durable... still looking good! Did some much washing on the sink.

thanks Adrian John.

Stress test results

(my Cuzino Hob + Hoob):

After 3 hours of continous burning (for my Cantonese Mom who brew soups) - PASSED. hahaha.. glass didn't crack under that time of heat

45 mins - 1 hour of stir frying, deep frying with my WOK - PASSED... in fact, we like the fire... very suitable for Chinese WOK cooking.

(Franke sink + Tap):

we really 'abused' it... very durable... still looking good! Did some much washing on the sink.

Glad to hear this!!!! Thanks!!!!

thanks Adrian John.

Stress test results

(my Cuzino Hob + Hoob):

(Franke sink + Tap):

I need stress test as well... My instant noodle skills cannot test my Fujioh hob and hood... Do you or mum wants to stress test my stove for me? haha..

Edited by booy