Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
audreysg

The Renovation Project Of 5rm Flat In Central Area

The curtain is put up today. Those pieces of cloth burn my pocket a deep hole. The living room (living plus cozy) curtain is the most expensive one. I should have picked cheaper fabric for living since the luxurious fabric fails to blow me away (though it's not bad).

Living room curtain

The champagne color night curtain at outer side and Polvenna platinium color day curtain at inner side. When both layers are put down, it creates a subtle and understated luxury. But I think I should have chosen a cheaper night curtain.

3165552985_c2738de740.jpg3166382682_27a82a1def.jpg3166383206_7be5854854.jpg

Common rooms

Both rooms have the same curtain. To make it classical with a sense of solemnness, I chose poka dot night curtain in silver and matching silver day curtain (Elclips). One room has golden color iron rod and the other has the rail.

3165553299_57cdab30ac.jpg3166383042_8f9481ed92.jpg3165553421_d29ee663a4.jpg

Master bedroom

3165553485_e6d90880cb.jpg3165553087_e16a348565.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey... nice place! I like your "marble" toilet... got the looks without the trouble maintaining. Also like your kitchen cabinets and top colour combi. Your curtains from Jimmy textiles?

Can I also check since I have the same problem. The sofa to TV distance in living room is ~3.6m. Is that enough? :)

cheerios. Yes, curtain is from Jimmy Textiles. The service is quite good but I can only partially agree it's a more economical choice.

I didn't quite get you. What kind of problem do we share? 3.6m is more than 10ft, a quite decent distance in the living. I think mine is simliar.

Hey... nice place! I like your "marble" toilet... got the looks without the trouble maintaining. Also like your kitchen cabinets and top colour combi. Your curtains from Jimmy textiles?

Can I also check since I have the same problem. The sofa to TV distance in living room is ~3.6m. Is that enough? :)

cheerios. Yes, curtain is from Jimmy Textiles. The service is quite good but I can only partially agree it's a more economical choice.

I didn't quite get you. What kind of problem do we share? 3.6m is more than 10ft, a quite decent distance in the living. I think mine is simliar.

hehe... maybe i used to big spaces la... 3.6m - 0.4 from the walls I though TV might actually be too near. :) Glad to know its ok!

wow, you are observant! Glad you asked the question. Yes, there is a reason. If you noticed, I changed the master toilet layout. If I used the swing glass door as common toilet, the entrance would be from the toilet bowl side. And this would make the person difficult to entre into the area. Or I could have a pentagon show area with a corner entrance swing door. In order to have a decent sized shower area without compromising the comfort, my ID proposed this three-panel shower screen, which I found it's pretty nice. Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure.

3173844958_effbb6d8b6.jpg

hi. Is there any particular reason why 1 bathroom has a framed shower stall, and the other has a frameless?

I can understand that. My L shape sofa is big with 3.6m long. And the big sofa does make the living feel SMALLER! But you won't always sit on the day-bed part to watch tv, will you (assuming you have a L-shape sofa too)?

hehe... maybe i used to big spaces la... 3.6m - 0.4 from the walls I though TV might actually be too near. :) Glad to know its ok!

My toilet and kitchen accessories were bought from Ikea and Sim Siang Choon. Most of them are from Ikea except for the shapoo dish. Although Ikdea sells simliar design but the one uses rubber support or exposed skrew. I like the chrome toilet paper roll and the double hook from Ikea. The price is just so competitive. For common toilet, I got myself four stainless steel hooks, a 40cm towel rack, toilet paper roll and a rectangle shampoo dish. For master toilet, I also got myself a retractable mirror, toilet paper roll, a double-deck corner shampoo dish, and a 55-cm chrome towel rack. 3130621382_0a57d11767.jpg3130621254_b4541d55ea.jpg

IKEA toilet accessories will rust after 3months... My mum house toilets is now rusting and is very ugly..

not to dampened any mood here but should have gone for more durable brand, especially fixtures...

your house so nice.... dont waste the effort..

Edited by yapyap

Thanks for the note. Seems I shall take extra care of my delicate ikea accessories. but how can stainless steel rust? I tried not to choose the ones with exposed screw. But I find my chrome toilet paper holder has advantage in design...

P.S. I didn't pick chrome shampoo rack and picked stainless steel one instead (not from ikea)

IKEA toilet accessories will rust after 3months... My mum house toilets is now rusting and is very ugly..

not to dampened any mood here but should have gone for more durable brand, especially fixtures...

Edited by audreysg

Thanks for the note. Seems I shall take extra care of my delicate ikea accessories. but how can stainless steel rust? I tried not to choose the ones with exposed screw. But I find my chrome toilet paper holder has advantage in design...

P.S. I didn't pick chrome shampoo rack and picked stainless steel one instead (not from ikea)

actually it doesn't matter how much you take care of it..it will still rust..

Chrome, low quality stainless steel will rust..esp if you are using it in the bathroom or wet areas..

Although i enjoy shopping and buying @ Ikea, but sad to say Ikea stainless steel stuff are of low quality..

certain items must be avoid..

but nevertheless, njoy and learn from reno experience... :yamseng::yamseng:

actually it doesn't matter how much you take care of it..it will still rust..

Chrome, low quality stainless steel will rust..esp if you are using it in the bathroom or wet areas..

Although i enjoy shopping and buying @ Ikea, but sad to say Ikea stainless steel stuff are of low quality..

certain items must be avoid..

but nevertheless, njoy and learn from reno experience... :yamseng::yamseng:

agree... bought the toothbrush holder, cutlery holder also rust after a while... but not sure if its 3 months or more...

:( Now I am scared...okay I will monitor the rusting progress of my toilet paper holder and that round mirror...

agree... bought the toothbrush holder, cutlery holder also rust after a while... but not sure if its 3 months or more...

:( Now I am scared...okay I will monitor the rusting progress of my toilet paper holder and that round mirror...

reading this makes me worried also....as bought all my kitchen and bathroom accessories from ikea.... :(

reading this makes me worried also....as bought all my kitchen and bathroom accessories from ikea.... :(

Not too sure about the kitchen accessories, cuz I've not bought them before. But u guys can consider the Raan range for bathroom accessories, as it's made of aluminium and won't rust. I've been using this range (eg: the attached toilet paper holder) for about 4 yrs already, and it's still very good. Hope it helps. :)

RaanToiletHolder.jpg

Edited by Angel81

Sorry sorry, dont mean to make you guys worried. The stuff I bought it those moveable ones... so hopefully the fixed accessories are of better quality.