Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babymaro2003

Anyone Hold Customary Dinner At Peony Jade At Clarke Quay

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have you seen the place? My own assessment is that the layout is not very nice; too many partitions/pillars. The new Peony Jade at Keppel Club would be a better layout.

If food is your query, my comments is that Peony Jade at Clarke Quay is very good, service-wise I cannot comment because I only went there for dinner and not to attend wedding.

Have you seen the place? My own assessment is that the layout is not very nice; too many partitions/pillars. The new Peony Jade at Keppel Club would be a better layout.

If food is your query, my comments is that Peony Jade at Clarke Quay is very good, service-wise I cannot comment because I only went there for dinner and not to attend wedding.

Hi zirhk3355,

Yes, i saw the place. I quite like the ambience and it is located in town area. I only have about 20 tables and i am looking at food and portion too. I want my guest to eat full full go back without complaining. Lol.

Peony jade at keppel club is a bit inconvenient as i have alot of elderly relatives.

Thanks for your advice.

Babymaro2003

Hi zirhk3355,

Yes, i saw the place. I quite like the ambience and it is located in town area. I only have about 20 tables and i am looking at food and portion too. I want my guest to eat full full go back without complaining. Lol.

Peony jade at keppel club is a bit inconvenient as i have alot of elderly relatives.

Thanks for your advice.

Babymaro2003

Well if you don't mind the layout then ok, I would encourage you. The food is good, no doubt. ;)

I had my rom dinner at the private room, 8-9 coz dinner.

Food was good and nice.

The hall is in L-shape.

Much discussion done at Sgbrides, maybe u can get more infor there.

I’m thinking of going there for my wedding dinner, as I intent to do about 15 tables nia…

all the best :dancingqueen:

Erh.. Actually there isn't any pillars or partitions in Peony Jade Clarke Quay. If you are talking about the cloth partition, it can be pulled back. Like what rolexboy said, it's in L-shape, and u can see the stage from all the tables.

I had my wedding there in 2006. I had about 22 tables. Till now, my relatives are still saying that it's one of the best one they went to in terms of food. Portions are large, and the food is v good. Many a times during other cousin's weddings, some would come to mi & hb, and quietly tell us that our's better. :dancingqueen: Service wise was fine, as I didn't get any complains. It is a very cozy place to hold a wedding, compared to huge ballrooms in hotels, where sometimes food is compromised.

There's a lift inside the restaurant. Very considerate, esp if u have elderly relatives.

rolexboy, just a note. If you take 15 tables only, there may be a possibility that Pauline (the restaurant owner/mgr) may open the rest of the restaurant to walk-in customers. And it's not very nice. I heard of stories where pple celebrating bdae during weddings. Can u imagine strangers singing hapi bdae songs during ur wedding? :unsure:

rolexboy, just a note. If you take 15 tables only, there may be a possibility that Pauline (the restaurant owner/mgr) may open the rest of the restaurant to walk-in customers. And it's not very nice. I heard of stories where pple celebrating bdae during weddings. Can u imagine strangers singing hapi bdae songs during ur wedding? :unsure:

wahahaha... thanks, i'll take note of that. :D

attended 2 weddings there, food is very good but ambience is no good.. layout too cramped, stage too small, lightings too dark

We considered Peony Jade also but bcos of the limited tables (was told max is 25, optimum 22), it was not possible. But agreed with the rest that their food is good.

attended 2 weddings there, food is very good but ambience is no good.. layout too cramped, stage too small, lightings too dark

Yes, I agreed. Had attended wedding dinner there at 2007, don't have special image to the food, but agreed to the layout, stage and lightings not so nice.. but... maybe romantic ba..

:notti:

Yes, I agreed. Had attended wedding dinner there at 2007, don't have special image to the food, but agreed to the layout, stage and lightings not so nice.. but... maybe romantic ba..

:notti:

hi if u going to sign up with PJ then got to be careful with the managers over there. i suppose to hold my AD there with PJ but they cancel my booking without giving me any valid reason n just refund me. i had spoken to the media and now see if they wanna oublish my news so that i can alert the brides out there.

hi if u going to sign up with PJ then got to be careful with the managers over there. i suppose to hold my AD there with PJ but they cancel my booking without giving me any valid reason n just refund me. i had spoken to the media and now see if they wanna oublish my news so that i can alert the brides out there.

Missysg,

Hmmmm sorry to hear that .. must be a stressful time for you.

I had mine in Feb this year, it went on smoothly, so my impression for them is positive. And most of my friends and relative liked the food there.

It is just that my wedding coincide with the Thaipusam so there was a huge traffic jam and think on that day also have 2 weddings @ novotel so guests who were parking in Liang Court was stuck for more than an hour.

I have some pics of peonyjade which my photographer took then. For those who are interested can refer to the link -My Photobook :)

hi babymaro2003, we had our banquet lunch at PJ clarke quay in Sep08 and all i had heard from our guests were raves on the food and services. Before the banquet started we had our ROM on its stage too, nothing elaborate but that was good enough for us.

The place can hold a maximum of 250 pax (22 tables - some tables would have 12pax) and minimum of 18 tables. If you do not go beyond 20tables, i believe all your guests will be sitting comfortably.

Ambience-wise, i would say is unlike holding in hotels where there is light effects, bubbles, and other little details and all. We did engage a live band though to entertain our guests and many were first to experience such performance in a wedding, which gave them a different experience.