Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tydy

Otp To Buy Resale Flat

Hi, sorry i didnt make myself clear, the 'blank cheque' i was referring to was the otp form that you signed without witnessing the agent writing down the agreed selling price. Cause next time if there's any discrepancies, you cant turn around and say that you signed, with the price column blank, and want dispute the price indicated on it....:)

You can still purchase the flat as a sole owner so long that you put your husband as "compulsory occupier". That means he's not contributing his cpf to the payment of the flat.

I am a sole owner of this house which i bought 6 years back, when i was 27 years old. That time i added in my parents name as "compulsory occupier" and then changed it to my wife's name as "compulsory occupier" when i got married shortly after the purchase.

For the above 35years single party purchase, that is if you are staying alone, not registering any of your kin as "complusory occupier" staying with you.

So now you roughly get the picture what risk are there? You said you signed on the otp form, but have you signed on the exercising to purchase column? (Last page if i am not wrong). If so, then if the agent submit the document without your knowledge/agreement to hdb and hdb processed the application, then you want to abort it and claimed that its a fraudulent application, you may have a hard time proving it (that is you signed on the otp and exercised your purchase option, with the purchase price blank). The seller may sue you and if they are successful then you have to compensate. Even if you can prove that the agent frauded you, it will be a lengthly process.

Dont get me wrong, i am not saying that the agent with fraud you. These are some of the possible risks. So, if you dont feel safe, call hdb and clear your doubts. Dont be led on a merry go around by the agent.

Hope things go on smoothly for you. :)

hi ahwee, thanks for the detailed explanation. At least now i gained some knowledge. I didnt signed on the last page but only beside the amount that I placed deposit.

I just took back my chq and all those documents I signed alreadY! The deal is off. Haiz, waste of our time. Now back to square one.. must buy newspaper again. :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi ahwee, thanks for the detailed explanation. At least now i gained some knowledge. I didnt signed on the last page but only beside the amount that I placed deposit.

I just took back my chq and all those documents I signed alreadY! The deal is off. Haiz, waste of our time. Now back to square one.. must buy newspaper again. :bangwall:

Hi,

dun worry. times r bad. u sure wil b able 2 find ur ideal unit soon. alot of units r selling @ or below valuation nw....

hi tydy,

glad that the matter's been resolved.

It may just been good that the deal's off cos now you may probably find more worthy deals. Important thing is dont rush...take your time to find a house that both you and you husband likes and is financial comfortable with. Most importantly get a trustworthy agent to represent you.

Happy finding your new house :)

Smart move, just fyi I paid only $200 for the initial OTP and the remaining $1.8K for exercising the Option. My buying price is $2K COV and therefore my cash committment is fulfilled at least on the seller part. But I need to pay 5% cash for the purchase as I'm taking the bank loan.

Don't get conned by the agents that you need to pay certain high amount to secure the deal. It is always beneficial for the buyers as they get to refuse the deal within the 14 days "cool down" period after they sign the OTP, just that that buyer may have to forgo their initial deposit.

Actually no need to buy newspaper, there are many website that advertise property. Just one sample link below for your reference:

http://www2.realink21.com/npp2/PL_HDB.aspx

happy searching...

Smart move, just fyi I paid only $200 for the initial OTP and the remaining $1.8K for exercising the Option. My buying price is $2K COV and therefore my cash committment is fulfilled at least on the seller part. But I need to pay 5% cash for the purchase as I'm taking the bank loan.

Don't get conned by the agents that you need to pay certain high amount to secure the deal. It is always beneficial for the buyers as they get to refuse the deal within the 14 days "cool down" period after they sign the OTP, just that that buyer may have to forgo their initial deposit.

Actually no need to buy newspaper, there are many website that advertise property. Just one sample link below for your reference:

http://www2.realink21.com/npp2/PL_HDB.aspx

happy searching...

i had been using the link you had post..

notice..

some appear in newspaper don't appear there

and some house post. When u call. The agent say SOLD.

Post that day. SOLD that day?

Is it too fast?

notice..

Is it too fast?

maybe some agent dont deal direct with buyers?

Also some of the houses posted for sale may have already been sold but not updated yet as from the date the otp is signed to 1st appointment to completion of the sale at 2nd appointment takes some time.....

try this site also www.iproperty.com.sg. When i was searching to buy a house, day and night i was surfing lots of sites...will not list down all of them. You can try this site which i think is more comprehensive. the other one on hdb site is also quite good.

Another thing is that agents they will share another database of all houses in sg on sale, which we buyer/sellers have no access. So just find a reliable agent to assist you, dont have to be too concerned about which agent having which house on hand.

notice..

Is it too fast?

Yeah that's quite true, those agents sometime post nice pictures to attract you from calling. But no harm if they take you to see other units..tell them your requirement. Ultimately, you are the final decision maker whether you want to buy the house or not...Happy searching! :)