Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zonkkie

Open Concept Kitchen

We are planning our renovation and one of the things that we like to do is an open concept kitchen so that we can have an island. And when I say open concept, I mean REALLY open concept, no glass doors that can be closed whatsoever. We don't really cook a lot, maybe 1-2 times a week and its like simple dishes such as pasta or teriyaki chicken, etc.

However, we are concerned that our lifestyle might change say 5 years down the road and we will regret our decision.

Does anyone have an open concept kitchen and can share their experience and advice? Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

we did an open kitchen. no windows no doors watever to close. everythings fine with cooking everyday and NO-DEEPFRYING house rule. been pass a year already.

but we made buffer also so tat in future if we do wan to close up the kitchen, where will the location of the glass wall n door, plus existing carpentary work will not get into the way of future glass work;)

we did an open kitchen. no windows no doors watever to close. everythings fine with cooking everyday and NO-DEEPFRYING house rule. been pass a year already.

but we made buffer also so tat in future if we do wan to close up the kitchen, where will the location of the glass wall n door, plus existing carpentary work will not get into the way of future glass work;)

no deep frying ah... good la, healthier also...

what u did sounds like a good option "just in case".

So your Fujioh hood is good enough....:)

Edited by zonkkie

no deep frying ah... good la, healthier also...

what u did sounds like a good option "just in case".

So your Fujioh hood is good enough....:)

u mean 'just in case we choose deepfrying diet' in future?? :notti:

its more like just in case we get tired of guests walking in freely whenever we host, n will like to shut them out of kitchen discreetly with closed door.

I just pan-fried some mushrooms earlier (for ONE PAX portion) and my glass partition already blurred up!

Think twice about this, mann...

you got use hood or not... :notti:

used to have one open concept kitchen.. but i dont know how to use my induction... hahhaha...... so i never cook.. only use the microwave cum oven....

but i like the concept.. but i guess no major chinese style ze cha cooking with the wok and all.... no curry also... it depends on your lifestyle but as rummi said, plan the space properly so that if you change your mind, it wont cost you an arm or leg.