Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
impressa

Lamp That Does Not Have On And Off Switch

Hi

When I was traveling in Europe, I came across lamps which can be switched on and off as well as increased brightness by touch.

May I find out whether anyone has come across such lamps in Singapore? How much does it cost roughly. I've checked online and on e-bay nothing seems to be sold here except for one which is $300 SGD.

Thanks a million

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ikea seems to have a table-top model that one can switch on/off and adjust brightness (2 levels only though) through a touch sensitive stem. Only thing is that it comes in red predominantly. Think there are two other colours but always out of stock.

I've seen this type of touch lamps. Touch to switch on, touch again to make it brighter, touch once more to switched off. They are quite small in size (for bedside table). Is that what you are looking at? :unsure:

Hi

When I was traveling in Europe, I came across lamps which can be switched on and off as well as increased brightness by touch.

May I find out whether anyone has come across such lamps in Singapore? How much does it cost roughly. I've checked online and on e-bay nothing seems to be sold here except for one which is $300 SGD.

Thanks a million

Edited by Starscream

I've seen this type of touch lamps. Touch to switch on, touch again to make it brighter, touch once more to switched off. They are quite small in size (for bedside table). Is that what you are looking at? :unsure:

Hi yes. Does anyone know how much it costs and where to get them other than IKEA? I will also check IKEA. Thanks for pointing that out

Eh the kind that starscream mentioned.. I saw those at a gift shop in Suntec. The shop is on the second floor. But the lamps are rather small and brightly coloured... They cost less than $30 I think.

Eh the kind that starscream mentioned.. I saw those at a gift shop in Suntec. The shop is on the second floor. But the lamps are rather small and brightly coloured... They cost less than $30 I think.

Thanks. I will keep a look out for them at Suntec

There is one along the shop houses near Hougang Mall, should be less than $30 a piece, do read the link posted about them being fire hazards.. :dunno:

Hi yes. Does anyone know how much it costs and where to get them other than IKEA? I will also check IKEA. Thanks for pointing that out

Thanks for sharing, the notice seems to be dated 1996! :D

Ya, its 1996 and only for particular brand of lamp. Just like forummers to be cautious cos these lamps are different from our "normal" lamps and the cheap ones might not be of good make. Then hand wet wet dont go and touch these lamps wor....

Ya, its 1996 and only for particular brand of lamp. Just like forummers to be cautious cos these lamps are different from our "normal" lamps and the cheap ones might not be of good make. Then hand wet wet dont go and touch these lamps wor....

Hi All

I totally agree that it could potentially be a fire hazard. I will have a look around and see where these are made from and what kind of inspections they have had.

Thanks