Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilmare612

Palace Lights At Balestier Road

It's approaching the end of our reno path. I must say the above is one of the WORST service we have received in the process of lights purchase. Not only the people there are beng-ish, they are also loud and rude. Absolutely no Customer Service at all.

Imagine...I bought a light from one of the manager's who gave me his colleague's name card. When I call to follow up on my delivery, that's when I discovered the 'bluff' in the identity. Manager served me has left for a holiday and his kar kia whose name card he gave was down right rude!!! 8|

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Tell me about it-up till now, we are chasing his guy for delivery which he kept promising. I have been taking half day leave just for them to deliver but they kept disappering n never answer the phone. We gonna turn up at their shop later again, the last time we did-he said cant do anything coz that is delivery dept. Very angry! :curse::curse::furious:

It's approaching the end of our reno path. I must say the above is one of the WORST service we have received in the process of lights purchase. Not only the people there are beng-ish, they are also loud and rude. Absolutely no Customer Service at all.

Imagine...I bought a light from one of the manager's who gave me his colleague's name card. When I call to follow up on my delivery, that's when I discovered the 'bluff' in the identity. Manager served me has left for a holiday and his kar kia whose name card he gave was down right rude!!! 8|

Well, just wanna update ... we finally get our deliveries thank God! was afraid that he disappear. Now stuck with the bulky goods while waiting to get our keys

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was freaked out after reading the thread so i actually told them i will go collect the downlights n spotlights myself hahaha

and i got them safely at home already

Good on you .... this forum do helps .....

i was freaked out after reading the thread so i actually told them i will go collect the downlights n spotlights myself hahaha

and i got them safely at home already

hmmmm

can PM me the name on the name card ?

actually my 2 visits to this shop they not bad leh,

not only they auto gib us bottles of drinks...(although this is nothing, but I went to so many shops along Balestier, only this shop and another one serve us lidat)

the person that entertain my family also help us plan how many downlights we need based on the floorplan I provide.

He show us lots of pictures in his photo album and advise us how to tell our contractor to build different width of L Box, bla bla bla, he talk and advise alot...

Thats why I am shock to find this thread, I haven place order from them though, duno their "after payment service"

It has been some time since the last post in this thread... anyone that bought from this shop also pls give inputs. Thanks

Edited by Zio

I just brough all my lightings from Steven in Palace Lights. I find his service is good. He do tells you honestly what you expect to get and delivers everything in good condition. Overall service - Good, Discounts - Good, Delivery - Prompt.

I just brough all my lightings from Steven in Palace Lights. I find his service is good. He do tells you honestly what you expect to get and delivers everything in good condition. Overall service - Good, Discounts - Good, Delivery - Prompt.

anybody heard/shopped at ARCO holdings in Jln Besar?

from what i read in Singapore Brides forum as well as other thread abt this shop, I dont dare to try liao.

Yes indeed others mention that they receive the same good service from them, but tink what all are complaining is the goods delivered and the after service is not good.

and steven is the one that served us as well last time... hmmmm

better to be safe...i chose another shop :D

from what i read in Singapore Brides forum as well as other thread abt this shop, I dont dare to try liao.

Yes indeed others mention that they receive the same good service from them, but tink what all are complaining is the goods delivered and the after service is not good.

and steven is the one that served us as well last time... hmmmm

better to be safe...i chose another shop :D

I'm new here. I wanted to see if there are any nice lightings to recommend for my new house. I thought of going to palace lights but now..... Ahhhh. I think i'll switch to others instead. REcently heard from one of my colleagues that Endura Trading have nice lightings and the uncle is very experienced and professional too. Shall not patronize Palace Lightings already then.

Luckily there's this thread here....

Hi all,

My experience with Palace of Lights did not turn out to be good. I was basically served by a fellow named Raymond. He was cheerful and helpful enough when making the sale, but it was somethings he did later which left a bad taste in my mouth.

I mainly bought 4 fans from him. One of the fans apparently does not come with a regulator, so I was charged some 35$ for it, saying that the regulator will be an Amasco one (presumably a decent looking & quality one). When I received it, it was some crap, probably 5$ regulator. I did call up, but chose not to be confrontational, but just wondered whether I could exchange it for some light fitting. He did agree (good of him), but when I visited his showroom, the only light fitting I liked was a display piece, worth 30$. I was okay with losing 5$ (I did not wish to buy anything else), but the guy did not have the courtesy to at least put in a new tube light (circle type). I later found that the tube light was just the old one (you can see it going dark).

The last one is something I cannot forgive him that easily. When I bought the fans, he mentioned that a qualified fan installer should do the job, because it requires balancing etc. He said he will send his friend, and it will cost about 40$ per fan. The friends (3 guys) came and installed the fans and I found that 2 of them had some shake. They gave some crap about how KDK fans are not properly balanced, did some tweaking (did not help fully), and left taking my money (gullible, that's me). The worst part is that I later found that they have not connected the safety cord (the cord which will hold the fan temporarily, if god forbid, the hook comes off). They saw a little child at home, and still did not care about safety. They even took the boxes away along with the unused parts (safety cords etc). I say shame on all of them and their livelihood.

Now, everytime I look at the fans, I feel uneasy. I wonder whether I could buy the cords and fix them up myself??

Ok sorry, end of rant. This is just my feeble attempt at getting back at them:)

Regards

Hi, i am new here. I also having a very bad experience with Palace of Lights. I was been served by Steven, although he is a good speaking saleman, recomended me and my wife lightings and ceiling fans, but his after sale is F*** up!! :curse:

Our headache comes when they start to deliver the items! First delivery, they got the wrong dinning light, no ceiling fans, wrong master toilet light, my storeroom and common toilet light cover wrong!!! Tried to call Steven, he didn't even pick up my call! Called up the shop, no people bother to pick up!!Called almost 10 times unreachable, then the stupid boss pick up the call. I start to enquired what is wrong, why they promised me everythings they havve in stock and now all wrong and the ceiling fans can't be seen! The boss only said "I am Sorry, we will get it change for you next time, coz we had no stock."

Muz b kidding!!! i called them 2weeks before the actual delivery date!! and now telling me out of stock!!:bow: So i told them, when can you delivery? The boss told me he will call me back to confirm. I waited for 1 week, no call....waited for 2 weeks, no call....Finally, pissed off, went down to the shop, then they told me, they have the stock, will come over to my house for installation.

But as usual, when they come for the insatllation of fans, my dinning light, master toilet light wasn't there!! :curse: Because of them, i had taken so many days of leaves runing up and down my new house but still getting things wrong.

I really giving up on their after-sale service...hence, new house owners juz beware of "Palace of Lights"! What ever things they claimed are all lies!!!

Hi, i am new here. I also having a very bad experience with Palace of Lights. I was been served by Steven, although he is a good speaking saleman, recomended me and my wife lightings and ceiling fans, but his after sale is F*** up!! :curse:

Our headache comes when they start to deliver the items! First delivery, they got the wrong dinning light, no ceiling fans, wrong master toilet light, my storeroom and common toilet light cover wrong!!! Tried to call Steven, he didn't even pick up my call! Called up the shop, no people bother to pick up!!Called almost 10 times unreachable, then the stupid boss pick up the call. I start to enquired what is wrong, why they promised me everythings they havve in stock and now all wrong and the ceiling fans can't be seen! The boss only said "I am Sorry, we will get it change for you next time, coz we had no stock."

Muz b kidding!!! i called them 2weeks before the actual delivery date!! and now telling me out of stock!!:bow: So i told them, when can you delivery? The boss told me he will call me back to confirm. I waited for 1 week, no call....waited for 2 weeks, no call....Finally, pissed off, went down to the shop, then they told me, they have the stock, will come over to my house for installation.

But as usual, when they come for the insatllation of fans, my dinning light, master toilet light wasn't there!! :curse: Because of them, i had taken so many days of leaves runing up and down my new house but still getting things wrong.

I really giving up on their after-sale service...hence, new house owners juz beware of "Palace of Lights"! What ever things they claimed are all lies!!!

Hi all,

I'm writing this to forewarn all. Stay away from buying from this shop. If you have bought things from them, hope it is not too late and it will turn up well for you.

To start off with, i think this should be called the den of ah bengs. I should have check out this forum before giving them any repeat sales. And worst of my nightmare, my recent encounter with them is relating to renovating my mum's flat.

I have bought a total of 17 celings fan from them. first 10 were ok as i did the installation myself. Their price is pretty good and as such, i did not experience any after market service from them.

My recent purchase involve 4 fans for myself, 3 fans+ 6 lights for my mum. The buying process with Steven is fine. Good sales man and knows his trade. The bad encounter starts when the arrangement of installation work were about to begin.

1) Date and time of installation for 2 houses were confirm on the day of sales.

2) For my house, the installation work proceed as per planned. No hiccups, but the elderly man who did the installation of ceiling fan is quite grumpy. But his skill is good. Fans are running almost perfect balance.

3) The co-ordinator (Ang - doesn't deserve to address as Mr) who called to arrange for installation says that his guys cannot make it for installation for my mum's house on the same day as planned. Thus, we agree to postpone to a Sunday. He asked for morning but i told him it can only be in the afternoon after 3pm. He agreed and confirmed. One thing about this guy, he uses a fax machine phone to make calls and fix appointment. After that, nobody can contact him to change appointment as your calls will be picked up by a fax machine.

4) Ang called on Sunday 1pm. Saying his guys cannot make it. Car broken down. Last minute change with classic excuse?? Got a nasty conversion as i'm not happy that they keep changing schedule. But what to do....so agreed to change to following Tuesday.

5) Technician came on schedule, but brought the wrong colour fan. Installed a light with blown bulb and 1 of the light glass cover has not got any holes drilled for installation. Most of all, to my surprise, they asked for extra $15 for extending 2ft long of light wire and wire tray. Have any one of you heard of this?? Paying extra for 2ft wires?? Anyway, paid them and they left, saying they will fix up the rest on coming Friday.

6) Comes Thursday, no one call to fix up the timing. Called Steven, he says confirmed in the morning. And after an hour, he called again to say that no one has arrange for the job. And he re-confirm to be on Sat. We agreed.

7) Strange enough, Friday morning, technician called, say they were at the house and waiting for someone to open the door for them. I told them Steven has re-arrange for Sat appointment. They were lost.....i was lost.....all blur. So they said nevermind, will come again on Sat.

8) Sat came...i called the technician asking them what time they will be there. They said they are already there. I rush down to open the door for them. Surprise!......waited for 45 mins....no one turned up. Called the technician again and they said they has mistaken me with another guy.....they were here in the same district but for another installation job. Giving excuse that Steven didn't arrange for them to do mine. Got worked up, called Steven.....no answer, called Balestier shop, no body answer either. Give up, went back home with wasted time and effort. Given up calling them. Steven return call much later in the afternoon and says communication broke down between themselves. Re-arange for coming tuesday.....I told him that i have given up. Specifically tell him to instruct the technician to drop by my house (1km away) to collect the keys and let themselves in to finish up the work as i will be out of town. I didn't even bother to ask what time he will arrange.

9) Monday. The Ang guy called in the morning on my way to airport, rude as usual, says he has arrange for his technician to be there from 3-5pm the next day. i reminded him about the keys arrangement, he say "jia lug". I got pissed, he gets even more rude. Knowing we will not get anything done by complaining and heated up, we tried to talk peacefully. Eventually, he says he will try to do his best to ask his technician to collect keys from my wife.

9) Today is Tuesday. Technician called around 3pm saying their waiting at unit. Not surprise anymore, i told him that he is suppose to collect key from my wife. He said he got no instruction and prefer not to, in addition, said his boss has just drop them off at site and no car to go over to my house to take the keys. Without any choice.....my wife has to go and open door for them.

10) Story continue......technician just brought with them the fan. They left without replacing the blown bulb and they forgot about the light glass cover. My wife called Steven, no answer. Called Balestier shop, after numerous tries. A guy called Lee (also doesn't deserve to be called mister) answered. Now it was my wife that has to face the full blunt of these bengs......According to my wife, Lee is the most rude person she has met over the years. He doesn't even care to listen, banged down my wife phone. Prior to that, even accused my wife of telling him irrelevant stories......in the course of my wife conversation with him, complaining about the poor service and arrangement, he even encourage my wife to make a complain formally against them. He even spell out his LEE to us. What an arrogant and rude guy. After the whole conversation, which my wife has given up talking to him, he should have receive a call from the techician with regards to the blown bulb and glass cover. He even got the cheek to call me wife and telling her why we didn't mention these item to him during the last conversation. Right in the back of our minds, we were thinking if there is such award for the worst company staff ever.....

11) This is the peak of the drama......my wife while driving out of the car park, saw the technician driving away in their own vehicle..........these people are plain liars!

Anyway, i chance upon this forum while trying to find out the bossman of the company. Not sure if i can find it, even not sure if the whole company are run by crooks. And from the beginning of this thread, it seems like their bad practice has been around for years. Nevertheless, i do hope that consumer like ourselves, should have an avenue to post comments and prevent others from fallen prey to such poor business ethics. Our nation is trying to put a badge on ourselves by building a more service oriented society......i wonder with these people around, what can be done but to boycott their products and services. I shall see what will turn out tomorrow. Will they deliver the short item as promise again and again......

Oh yea......1 last comment. The only good thing about this company is the ease of parking in Balesteir road. That's the only reason why i patronize them in the first place:)

AT

Hi all,

I'm writing this to forewarn all. Stay away from buying from this shop. If you have bought things from them, hope it is not too late and it will turn up well for you.

To start off with, i think this should be called the den of ah bengs. I should have check out this forum before giving them any repeat sales. And worst of my nightmare, my recent encounter with them is relating to renovating my mum's flat.

I have bought a total of 17 celings fan from them. first 10 were ok as i did the installation myself. Their price is pretty good and as such, i did not experience any after market service from them.

My recent purchase involve 4 fans for myself, 3 fans+ 6 lights for my mum. The buying process with Steven is fine. Good sales man and knows his trade. The bad encounter starts when the arrangement of installation work were about to begin.

1) Date and time of installation for 2 houses were confirm on the day of sales.

2) For my house, the installation work proceed as per planned. No hiccups, but the elderly man who did the installation of ceiling fan is quite grumpy. But his skill is good. Fans are running almost perfect balance.

3) The co-ordinator (Ang - doesn't deserve to address as Mr) who called to arrange for installation says that his guys cannot make it for installation for my mum's house on the same day as planned. Thus, we agree to postpone to a Sunday. He asked for morning but i told him it can only be in the afternoon after 3pm. He agreed and confirmed. One thing about this guy, he uses a fax machine phone to make calls and fix appointment. After that, nobody can contact him to change appointment as your calls will be picked up by a fax machine.

4) Ang called on Sunday 1pm. Saying his guys cannot make it. Car broken down. Last minute change with classic excuse?? Got a nasty conversion as i'm not happy that they keep changing schedule. But what to do....so agreed to change to following Tuesday.

5) Technician came on schedule, but brought the wrong colour fan. Installed a light with blown bulb and 1 of the light glass cover has not got any holes drilled for installation. Most of all, to my surprise, they asked for extra $15 for extending 2ft long of light wire and wire tray. Have any one of you heard of this?? Paying extra for 2ft wires?? Anyway, paid them and they left, saying they will fix up the rest on coming Friday.

6) Comes Thursday, no one call to fix up the timing. Called Steven, he says confirmed in the morning. And after an hour, he called again to say that no one has arrange for the job. And he re-confirm to be on Sat. We agreed.

7) Strange enough, Friday morning, technician called, say they were at the house and waiting for someone to open the door for them. I told them Steven has re-arrange for Sat appointment. They were lost.....i was lost.....all blur. So they said nevermind, will come again on Sat.

8) Sat came...i called the technician asking them what time they will be there. They said they are already there. I rush down to open the door for them. Surprise!......waited for 45 mins....no one turned up. Called the technician again and they said they has mistaken me with another guy.....they were here in the same district but for another installation job. Giving excuse that Steven didn't arrange for them to do mine. Got worked up, called Steven.....no answer, called Balestier shop, no body answer either. Give up, went back home with wasted time and effort. Given up calling them. Steven return call much later in the afternoon and says communication broke down between themselves. Re-arange for coming tuesday.....I told him that i have given up. Specifically tell him to instruct the technician to drop by my house (1km away) to collect the keys and let themselves in to finish up the work as i will be out of town. I didn't even bother to ask what time he will arrange.

9) Monday. The Ang guy called in the morning on my way to airport, rude as usual, says he has arrange for his technician to be there from 3-5pm the next day. i reminded him about the keys arrangement, he say "jia lug". I got pissed, he gets even more rude. Knowing we will not get anything done by complaining and heated up, we tried to talk peacefully. Eventually, he says he will try to do his best to ask his technician to collect keys from my wife.

9) Today is Tuesday. Technician called around 3pm saying their waiting at unit. Not surprise anymore, i told him that he is suppose to collect key from my wife. He said he got no instruction and prefer not to, in addition, said his boss has just drop them off at site and no car to go over to my house to take the keys. Without any choice.....my wife has to go and open door for them.

10) Story continue......technician just brought with them the fan. They left without replacing the blown bulb and they forgot about the light glass cover. My wife called Steven, no answer. Called Balestier shop, after numerous tries. A guy called Lee (also doesn't deserve to be called mister) answered. Now it was my wife that has to face the full blunt of these bengs......According to my wife, Lee is the most rude person she has met over the years. He doesn't even care to listen, banged down my wife phone. Prior to that, even accused my wife of telling him irrelevant stories......in the course of my wife conversation with him, complaining about the poor service and arrangement, he even encourage my wife to make a complain formally against them. He even spell out his LEE to us. What an arrogant and rude guy. After the whole conversation, which my wife has given up talking to him, he should have receive a call from the techician with regards to the blown bulb and glass cover. He even got the cheek to call me wife and telling her why we didn't mention these item to him during the last conversation. Right in the back of our minds, we were thinking if there is such award for the worst company staff ever.....

11) This is the peak of the drama......my wife while driving out of the car park, saw the technician driving away in their own vehicle..........these people are plain liars!

Anyway, i chance upon this forum while trying to find out the bossman of the company. Not sure if i can find it, even not sure if the whole company are run by crooks. And from the beginning of this thread, it seems like their bad practice has been around for years. Nevertheless, i do hope that consumer like ourselves, should have an avenue to post comments and prevent others from fallen prey to such poor business ethics. Our nation is trying to put a badge on ourselves by building a more service oriented society......i wonder with these people around, what can be done but to boycott their products and services. I shall see what will turn out tomorrow. Will they deliver the short item as promise again and again......

Oh yea......1 last comment. The only good thing about this company is the ease of parking in Balesteir road. That's the only reason why i patronize them in the first place:)

AT

suppose to follow one of my friend there to buy the amasco ceiling fans...after seeing all these review, i think i got to give it a miss. thanks guys for the valuable review.